+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

rahuldokwal

May 31, 2016
Dear All,
I have a question regarding the Spouse Sponsorship:

I am an Indian Citizen and currently in Canada from last October and got my PR. I am planning to go to India and get married then file the application. OR is it better to call my spouse here in Canada and get married in Canada and then file the application. Currently she is working in USA and I don't want her to loose the job.

If she comes in Canada on Visitor VISA and get married does it mean that she cannot go back to USA or India and continue her job?

If we married outside Canada (may be in USA, if I travel to USA) then she can continue her work there and I can continue my work in Canada until she got her PR in Canada. Is it possible?

Where I can get complete information of all the documents.

Thanks for your effort in advance.

JessJaye

Feb 17, 2018
You have zero chance at conjugal. There are no legal or immigration barriers preventing you from living together or marrying.

Either live together for a year to become common-law or get married.
Thank you. Are there other ways to be able to live together for a year? Is the process easy to get a work permit or express entry?

JessJaye

Feb 17, 2018
You have zero chance at conjugal. There are no legal or immigration barriers preventing you from living together or marrying.

Either live together for a year to become common-law or get married.
Also, what if we live together for a year and I go back to the US.. would I be able to apply for outland? I apologize for all the questions. I want to know the best way to do this.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you. Are there other ways to be able to live together for a year? Is the process easy to get a work permit or express entry?
No, it is generally not an easy process to get a work permit or to qualify for PR through an economic stream.

Also, what if we live together for a year and I go back to the US.. would I be able to apply for outland? I apologize for all the questions. I want to know the best way to do this.
Yes, you could return to the US while an outland sponsorship app processes.

Jan 23, 2018
Can anyone tell me exactly what sort of disability benefit the sponsor may be on and still make a successful application? Apparently it needs to be permanent? Does this benefit have a name? Does anyone know anything about this?

christina88

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
Dear All,
I have a question regarding the Spouse Sponsorship:

I am an Indian Citizen and currently in Canada from last October and got my PR. I am planning to go to India and get married then file the application. OR is it better to call my spouse here in Canada and get married in Canada and then file the application. Currently she is working in USA and I don't want her to loose the job.

If she comes in Canada on Visitor VISA and get married does it mean that she cannot go back to USA or India and continue her job?

If we married outside Canada (may be in USA, if I travel to USA) then she can continue her work there and I can continue my work in Canada until she got her PR in Canada. Is it possible?

Where I can get complete information of all the documents.

Thanks for your effort in advance.
It doesn't matter where you would get married. Then you need to apply for OUTSIDE sponsorship. Check the official CIC website

Feb 20, 2018
Hello,

I have Permanent Resident status in Canada. Currently my girlfriend is living in India. We have been dating for 14 months now out of which 12 months were long distance. I met her for the first time in India 14 months ago. She has never visited Canada or has never been out of India. I now want to go to India and marry her. We both have never been married to anyone else before or we have never lived together as well. She was still finishing her degree when we first met and now she is about to finish it. Everything seems to be okay but I have a few questions:

1) From IMM5533E PART B,
SUPPORTING DOCUMEMTS FOR SPONSORED PERSONS

Question 7 is asking for proof of relationship. I have no problem in providing the proof of marriage i.e. Marriage certificate, pictures of wedding and engagememt ceremony, proof of honeymoon as well as the pictures of our conversations, text messages and all that. But part e) of the question is misleading. How can I show that there is a financial support between us or we have each other's names on insurance benefits or proof of past cohabitation. It is asking for two options out of the four but I can only provide notarized letters from friends and family proving our relationship. What shall I do here?

2) When I visit India to marry her, does that count as visiting her?

3) Will she have to create a CIC account as well?

4) When filling out the forms, do we just write our name in the signature section or leave it empty, print it, and then sign it.

Thank you for taking time out to read this

christina88

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
Hello,

I have Permanent Resident status in Canada. Currently my girlfriend is living in India. We have been dating for 14 months now out of which 12 months were long distance. I met her for the first time in India 14 months ago. She has never visited Canada or has never been out of India. I now want to go to India and marry her. We both have never been married to anyone else before or we have never lived together as well. She was still finishing her degree when we first met and now she is about to finish it. Everything seems to be okay but I have a few questions:

1) From IMM5533E PART B,
SUPPORTING DOCUMEMTS FOR SPONSORED PERSONS

Question 7 is asking for proof of relationship. I have no problem in providing the proof of marriage i.e. Marriage certificate, pictures of wedding and engagememt ceremony, proof of honeymoon as well as the pictures of our conversations, text messages and all that. But part e) of the question is misleading. How can I show that there is a financial support between us or we have each other's names on insurance benefits or proof of past cohabitation. It is asking for two options out of the four but I can only provide notarized letters from friends and family proving our relationship. What shall I do here?

I have wrote a letter of explanation, saying that since we lived in different countries and I did not need any financial support from my husband, we cannot provide all the requested options. As a proof, we had scans of our tickets,hotels, trips together, pictures together and with family members, letters from our friends and relatives confirming our relationship as well as screenshots from messengers, emails and facebook.

2) When I visit India to marry her, does that count as visiting her?
Why not

3) Will she have to create a CIC account as well?
Yes, she will need to after you get first notification from CIC (AOR1)

4) When filling out the forms, do we just write our name in the signature section or leave it empty, print it, and then sign it.

Print it and then both of you have to sign it.

Thank you for taking time out to read this

shahriar6567

Star Member
Dec 5, 2017
Can anyone help me with this?
I have applied for inland spousal, Got my application number on 16 Feb and Linked my application to online account on Feb 17, But I haven't asked to submit Schedule A yet. Is it normal?
In CiC website it says, waiting for your action. But there is nothing to do there!

Any idea guys? please :(

kashifaziz

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
Anyone?????
Hi! Ill be sponsoring my "To-be-wife" after we get married next month.

I had a question about details of your visits during your relationship. I have known my girlfriend / to-be-wife for almost 3 years, we have travelled together, met each other almost every single day before I moved to Canada last October. I officially proposed to her before leaving.

How do I show visits in this case? One obvious visit would be when I stay with her for a few days after the official marriage next month? How do I show other "visits" or "meetings" or our travel together? Ill ofcourse show that in our attached documents but is there any way to put those in the "Visit" detail section in the IMM5532 form?

shahriar6567

Star Member
Dec 5, 2017
Anyone?????
You can show pictures of two of you doing stuff together. In public places maybe.
You guys probably went to restaurants, bars, and cinemas. You can also show pictures of your campings, traveling together and stuff like that.
and there are much more as proof to show you guys have spent time together in those periods you were together