Interview........
Decision Made: 16-03-17
Passport Req..
15-03-17
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
April 2017
Hi to all....any advice here please.....just sent in my spousal sponsorship app. Im PR in Canada and sponsoring my wife outland. She happens to be a few months pregnant. Is it possible to apply for a visit visa so she gives birth here even with her sponsorship app in process? Any chances?

Thanks for answering

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
Hi to all....any advice here please.....just sent in my spousal sponsorship app. Im PR in Canada and sponsoring my wife outland. She happens to be a few months pregnant. Is it possible to apply for a visit visa so she gives birth here even with her sponsorship app in process? Any chances?

Thanks for answering
You can but depending on her country it will be very difficult to get. The fact that she is pregnant will be a huge flag as the Visa officer will almost certainly think she will want to stay in Canada.

kapatel

Feb 4, 2016
Hello,

I have applied for Spousal Sposorship In Land Canada PR application before 9 months in May 2017 and with that also applied for OWP for my wife.

Unfortunately, to get non health occupational option from work permit, my wife had to go through upfront medical exam in July 2017 and she went through all medical tests including x ray which required for PR application.

Now, today, she got another medical request to perform as a part of PR application.

So her upfront medical (performed to remove health occupation work from OPW) has not finished a year yet. Its only 8 months old.

My question is, do she really need to pass through all required tests again?

I really would like to save $450 bucks as I already paid for upfront in July 2017...

Is anyone passed through this situation, please let me know.

Thank You

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,
It's not gonna affect your immigration if he is non accompanying. Just process your immigration and not his. But you have to mention his name in family declaration form. He doesn't have to declare anything for now. Once you get your canadian immigration it's up to you if you apply for him and it's upto cic if they grant him immigration as well despite his medical condition. Please note that if you don't mention his name in family declaring form, you will never be able to sponsor him later.
Thanks
Leo
That's completely incorrect. Non-accompanying family members must pass the medical along with the primary applicant in order for the primary applicant's PR visa to be approved. If her husband fails the medical her PR application will be refused. Given he's on dialysis, passing the medical is going to be difficult. They should get ready now for the fairness letter since there's a high chance he will be classified as medically inadmissible.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi guys, im new in this site.and i dont how to post a question. I just navigate and found this reply section. please i need about my application for PR. i jad finished all my requirements and ready to submit but my problem is my husband who is a dialysis patient. I declare him as non-accompanying and im aware that his situation will affect my application for PR. what kind of declaration he needs to provide to support my papers that he is not willing to immigrate to canada? please i really need help with this stressful situation.
thanks a lot
There's no such declaration. As your husband, he has to pass the medical in order for your PR application to be approved. It doesn't matter if he's listed as accompanying or non-accompanying - he has to pass the medical or you will be refused as well.

shahriar6567

Star Member
Dec 5, 2017
hey guys I just linked my application to an online account. There it says your action is required but when i click on it, there is no requested task. they haven't asked me to upload the background declaration form!!
Is it normal?
and since I am applying for quebec, I was supposed to receive a letter or email asking me to submit undertaking application. any idea when its gonna happen?

dn101

Feb 5, 2018
Hello.

I am a PR in Canada and sponsoring my spouse. He was working in Thailand at the time we applied and now has moved back to India. We changed the address through the webform. However there is a typo in our address "dehli instead of delhi".

My question is that can we submit aother webform to correct that address? the webform page says "Please do not submit this form more than once".

Please advise if someone has been through the same problem.

Thank you.

Canuck04

Feb 17, 2018
Hi - looking or some information:
If a wife was sponsored by her husband in the 70's and immigrated to Canada and became a Canadian citizen. The husband remained a PR but due to unforseen circumstances had to return overseas and eventually had to surrender his Permanent Residency 25 years later due to not meeting the residenlcy obligations. Still travelled to Canada on a visitor visa multiple times to visit family, including 3 kids who are all Canadian Citizens.
Is there any way to reinstate the old PR or would the wife have to reapply as a spousal sponsorship?
Or Is there any way to go through an easier way without the whole reapplication?

JessJaye

Feb 17, 2018
Hi -- I am new to this site and had a few questions. I want to move to Canada from the US to be with my Canadian boyfriend. I am unsure if it will fall under conjugal or common law? We have enough proof that our relationship is valid. However, at this time we can not live with each other for 12 consecutive months. Mainly due to my job and I am not in a predicament to take off work or be out of work for 12 months. What would be the best way to go through the sponsorship?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello.

I am a PR in Canada and sponsoring my spouse. He was working in Thailand at the time we applied and now has moved back to India. We changed the address through the webform. However there is a typo in our address "dehli instead of delhi".

My question is that can we submit aother webform to correct that address? the webform page says "Please do not submit this form more than once".

Please advise if someone has been through the same problem.

Thank you.
That is not enough of a difference to cause a problem.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi - looking or some information:
If a wife was sponsored by her husband in the 70's and immigrated to Canada and became a Canadian citizen. The husband remained a PR but due to unforseen circumstances had to return overseas and eventually had to surrender his Permanent Residency 25 years later due to not meeting the residenlcy obligations. Still travelled to Canada on a visitor visa multiple times to visit family, including 3 kids who are all Canadian Citizens.
Is there any way to reinstate the old PR or would the wife have to reapply as a spousal sponsorship?
Or Is there any way to go through an easier way without the whole reapplication?
PR status cannot be reinstated. The wife needs to sponsor her husband.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi -- I am new to this site and had a few questions. I want to move to Canada from the US to be with my Canadian boyfriend. I am unsure if it will fall under conjugal or common law? We have enough proof that our relationship is valid. However, at this time we can not live with each other for 12 consecutive months. Mainly due to my job and I am not in a predicament to take off work or be out of work for 12 months. What would be the best way to go through the sponsorship?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks.
You have zero chance at conjugal. There are no legal or immigration barriers preventing you from living together or marrying.

Either live together for a year to become common-law or get married.

Darren198888

Apr 1, 2017
Hi Guys applying for Spouse sponsor coming up to the end of the application hopefully:(I was issued a exclusion order January 2017 and have been asked to pay back the removal cost which was 1500 dollers.Also they ask me for a updated (2018 issued) Rcmp Clearance.As the exclusion was for a year and has pasted will my exclusion order still come up on my Rcmp Check?Also im taking them asking me to pay back the removal cost is a good sign??

kashifaziz

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
Hi! Ill be sponsoring my "To-be-wife" after we get married next month.

I had a question about details of your visits during your relationship. I have known my girlfriend / to-be-wife for almost 3 years, we have travelled together, met each other almost every single day before I moved to Canada last October. I officially proposed to her before leaving.

How do I show visits in this case? One obvious visit would be when I stay with her for a few days after the official marriage next month? How do I show other "visits" or "meetings" or our travel together? Ill ofcourse show that in our attached documents but is there any way to put those in the "Visit" detail section in the IMM5532 form?