VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi everyone!

Can anyone help me please
I am a PR going to sponsor my spouse through outland application.
How long is it acceptable for me to leave canada to see him for vacation? I know that PR must be living in Canada to sponsor. But what about vacation? Lets say 1-2 months. Thank you so much!
A few weeks. Anything more and you risk IRCC determining you no longer reside in Canada.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello All,

I am completing the open work permit form, which will accompany my main application.

Do the question on "Duration of Expected Employment" (page 3) I am actually currently on a work permit, so I assume I request the start date for the open work permit to commence on the day after the current one expires.

My question is: What should I enter as the end date? Do I just choose an arbitrary date in the future?

Thanks in advance for any feedback
Arbitrary. They generally issue the inland OWPs for 2 years, so you can put that.

Reactions: D-Mac

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
hi team - my wife and I married last year and are doing outland spousal sponsorship. I’m American and she’s Canadian living in Canada. From when we submit our package about how long do we have to complete and submit the medical exam information? Does anyone know what that exactly entails? A simple bill of health? Just wondering for preparation and time frame.
Do we really need not notarize birth cerifate even if we have a completed, no issues found, schedule A background check? I’ve obtained a photocopy of it easily enough.
An American doesn't need to notarize anything unless it's in a foreign language and needs translating.

moonpie11

Sep 3, 2017
Hi, is there any July or August 2017 applicants who didn’t get medical exam request yet?

I applied on the last day of July, sent the police certificate and schedule A back in September 15th and haven’t heard anything from them ever since. Anyone in the same situation?

belch

May 9, 2017
A few weeks. Anything more and you risk IRCC determining you no longer reside in Canada.
But i will still have my address in canada, phone bills, internet bills all under my name. And I will be travelling to a few countries not staying in 1 countries. Does it help?

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
Hi, is there any July or August 2017 applicants who didn’t get medical exam request yet?

I applied on the last day of July, sent the police certificate and schedule A back in September 15th and haven’t heard anything from them ever since. Anyone in the same situation?
We’re August and nothing yet, last I read in the forum was med requests being sent out in November to May applicants..,,so guess they are on hold currently, probably see a stream of them again soon but June and July are ahead of us yet.

We have seen some movement on our file last week, the sponsorship app has changed to “in process” in ecas, and the background check changed in mycic to “we have started processing ..,etc”. Have you seen the same changes?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
But i will still have my address in canada, phone bills, internet bills all under my name. And I will be travelling to a few countries not staying in 1 countries. Does it help?
No. It is still a significant absence.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Will frequent visit be okay? Lets say i leave canada for 2-3 weeks return for a month then leave again? It’s hard to be apart for too long
A few weeks every couple of months would likely be fine. Frequent visits still run the risk of IRCC determining you don't really reside in Canada.

Jessica_D

Star Member
Jan 9, 2018
Winnipeg
Hi all! : )

I'm so happy to have found these forums!

I'm Canadian, and my American fiancé and I have been in a relationship for just over 2 years, traveling back and forth to visit one another every 2 months or so. We plan on marrying soon so that I can sponsor him to become a PR in Canada.

I have a couple of questions that I can't seem to find information about. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

1. Our initial plan was for him to to come to Canada as a visitor, then we would get married, and then apply for Spousal Sponsorship. After doing lots of reading here, it seems most couples are already married, before their partner joins them in Canada for the sponsorship process. Do you think it would make more sense for us to marry first, and have him crossing the border as my husband rather than my fiancé? Not sure if it makes a difference, but any insight would be great!

2. When dealing with customs at the border when he's coming to stay with me, what does he tell them? (I understand that they may be suspicious if we aren't married and he's saying he's coming to stay, get married and apply inland for PR) - even if we are married, do they require some kind of documentation if you're entering the country with no plans of leaving? Since he will enter on a 6 month visitors visa, do they want him to have a flight booked back to the States within 6 months? As I understand it, he needs to be IN Canada when we send in our sponsorship application - is this correct?

I hope that all made sense and I'm sorry for such a long post!

Thank you in advance for any replies.

Jess

moonpie11

Sep 3, 2017
We’re August and nothing yet, last I read in the forum was med requests being sent out in November to May applicants..,,so guess they are on hold currently, probably see a stream of them again soon but June and July are ahead of us yet.

We have seen some movement on our file last week, the sponsorship app has changed to “in process” in ecas, and the background check changed in mycic to “we have started processing ..,etc”. Have you seen the same changes?
No.. mine’s still “your action is required” even though I’ve reported a technical issue many times.

Have you had an e-mail that says they approved the police certificat and schedule A? Not sure if you’re supposed to get the e-mail about it. (I didn’t)

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
No.. mine’s still “your action is required” even though I’ve reported a technical issue many times.

Have you had an e-mail that says they approved the police certificat and schedule A? Not sure if you’re supposed to get the e-mail about it. (I didn’t)
When we checked it last week the "your action is required" was replaced with "update", which was the background check changing status. But since then on subsequent sign ins to mycic the "your action is required" glitch is back. We never had any emails about schedule A/PCC (apart from the initial request after linking)

I the sponsor have not had any emails at all thus far, just noticed the sponsorship application changed to "in process" on ecas (this happened the day after my wifes mycic background check got updated) so I guess it's moving forward!

Afazli

Jan 9, 2018
Hi everyone, i want to sponsor my wife from Afghanistan and would like to gather all the required document that i have to submit with my application. Is there anyone in this forum who has country specific information please share with me.

Apr 14, 2017
hello everyone !

I need to apply for spouse sponsorship who is in India. Is the sponsorship only through paper application or online like how we did for express entry.
Please help.