+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

kanza_iftikhar

May 25, 2017
Hello,
I Got this email from IRCC. Please explain me, when my husband get visa after this email?

Dear Sir/Madam,
This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted to this office on
behalf of Syed Raheel Ahmed and family (if applicable).
This message is being sent to confirm that the Application for Permanent Residence for your
relative(s) has been forwarded to the visa office in London for further processing.
Visa Office Contact Information
Should you need to submit additional information or make any further enquiries regarding the
Application for Permanent Residence for your relative, you must email the visa office listed above
directly using the “IRCC Web Form”. This form is found in the “Enquiries” section of the specific visa
office’s link located on this page: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp
If you received this communication via email, please note that another copy will not be mailed to you.
Sincerely,
Case Processing Centre Mississauga

Star Member
Aug 20, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
23-05-2017
AOR Received.
22-06-2017
File Transfer...
18-07-2017
Med's Request
25-10-2017
Med's Done....
02-11-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08/03/2018
VISA ISSUED...
04/04/2018
LANDED..........
27/05/2018
Hi all,

I am in need of advice.
  • One week after CPC-M received my outland app to sponsor my wife. I was layoff from my work. Should I have notify CIC?
  • I have 3 months severance pay. During those 3 months, I applied for EI and visited my wife for 2 months. This is my 4th visits to my wife. now my wife is 4 weeks pregnant. Should I send my Singapore VO new evidences to prove my genuine love?
Thanks in advance

sameer_mobin

Aug 17, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
01-Dec-2016
AOR Received.
16-Jan-2017
Med's Request
Upfront-Passed (3-Feb-2017)
Passport Req..
31-07-2017
"Intent to marry" means absolutely nothing to IRCC; being engaged is not a legal status. If OP was not married or common-law, single is the correct marital status and there is no misrepresentation.
Dear Canuck,

Thanks for your response. I contacted other people on this as-well. They had the same answer as yours.That 'Engagement' has no legal value on its own unless we were cohabiting. In Canadian context, engagement can be if two persons are cohabiting after engaged; in that case, I would've disclosed my status as 'common law/conjugal' in my application from start.

However, Co-habiting is not possible for me as our religion doesn't allow and we didn't do it; therefore, I cannot disclose any status in drop down menu of the application (i.e. common law/conjugal, divorced, legally separated)- so i had to select single/never married anyway :). So i guess that was the truth of my situation anyway.

I don't want to point out ZhabaHulk but please refrain commenting without full knowledge as it would've misguided me totally if I wouldn't have contacted other people and read CIC Spousal sponsorship requirements digging down to the details to the definitions.

Reactions: Classic Chucks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi all,

I am in need of advice.
  • One week after CPC-M received my outland app to sponsor my wife. I was layoff from my work. Should I have notify CIC?
  • I have 3 months severance pay. During those 3 months, I applied for EI and visited my wife for 2 months. This is my 4th visits to my wife. now my wife is 4 weeks pregnant. Should I send my Singapore VO new evidences to prove my genuine love?
Thanks in advance
No, you don't need to notify IRCC of your layoff.

No, don't send proofs unless requested. Are you a citizen or PR? If you are a PR, 2 months is far too long to be outside of Canada while sponsoring your spouse.

burnabrenna

Jan 24, 2013
Hey everyone. I'm new and trying to research and figure things out so thanks in advance for any help! I am a US citizen currently living in the US with my Canadian citizen husband. We want to possibly move to Canada and are trying to determine the best way to get it done. I lived with him in Canada awhile back as a visitor (submitted multiple extensions to keep my status valid), and would be fine staying there as a visitor while going through the spousal sponsorship process if that's an option. I know with the new processing times it's hard to tell which is faster, inland or outland, but which one seems to be getting done quicker between the two if it's for a US citizen?

ZhabaHulk

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Airdrie, Canada
Category........
Other
I don't want to point out ZhabaHulk but please refrain commenting without full knowledge as it would've misguided me totally if I wouldn't have contacted other people and read CIC Spousal sponsorship requirements digging down to the details to the definitions.
I can be only happy that you put some efforts to figure things out for yourself. Dispute sires the truth.

Star Member
Aug 20, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
23-05-2017
AOR Received.
22-06-2017
File Transfer...
18-07-2017
Med's Request
25-10-2017
Med's Done....
02-11-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08/03/2018
VISA ISSUED...
04/04/2018
LANDED..........
27/05/2018
No, you don't need to notify IRCC of your layoff.

No, don't send proofs unless requested. Are you a citizen or PR? If you are a PR, 2 months is far too long to be outside of Canada while sponsoring your spouse.
c citizen

Aggarwal123

Aug 23, 2017
  1. ECAS status - Decision made

File sent 18th July
    File received ( Mississauga office) - 19th july
    AOR- 31st August
    No PCC/medical request/ Schedule A

It's showing 3 lines on CIC :-
    1 )we received ur application for ****
    On 19th july 2017
    2) we sent u corresponding acknowledgement receipt on 31st August
    3) we started processing ur application on 30th August

Is it normal for ECAS to show decision made without PCC/medical request nd all

Please reply

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
  1. ECAS status - Decision made

File sent 18th July
    File received ( Mississauga office) - 19th july
    AOR- 31st August
    No PCC/medical request/ Schedule A

It's showing 3 lines on CIC :-
    1 )we received ur application for ****
    On 19th july 2017
    2) we sent u corresponding acknowledgement receipt on 31st August
    3) we started processing ur application on 30th August

Is it normal for ECAS to show decision made without PCC/medical request nd all

Please reply
The decision made is for the sponsor portion, not the applicant portion.

If the sponsor side says DM, it likely means sponsor was approved

Reactions: Aggarwal123

pedrojorge

Aug 25, 2017
Hi everyone. My boyfriend and I are gonna get married next month for the purpose to apply for the sponsorship. Is it important to have some formalities, such as wedding rings and film making? Are the witnesses enough or it's important to have his family with us?

My questions are related to the proves that we will need to them later.
Thank you!

roxannebenj

Aug 26, 2017
Hello, so my husband/ principal applicant got a medical request. My question is after the medical how long it will take to know the final result? Thanks for the answer.

singh_maninder

Jan 5, 2016
Hello Guys,

Could you please help me in solving my queries :

1. What is notice of assessment ? Would it be mandatory for all if we had a zero income last year ?
2. Job letter is mandatory or paystubs are file ? If paystubs are ok how much old these should be ?
3. Could you please guide me on the documents required for sponsoring my wife ? Different immigration consultants differ on all things .

SteveSmith

Sep 2, 2017
Question 1: When applying for inland PR how does one remain in Canada ? Do you need to leave the country and re-enter? Or Apply for renewal of Visitor Entry Visa in the country?

Q2: Does (person being sponsored) having a visitor record impact your spousal sponsorship?

Q3: If renewing the visa while in country does not work (lack of time), is it recommended to inform border agents that you are applying for inland PR and need to maintain being in the country while applying, but that you will leave and re-enter when visa is expired?

Q4:

This is concerning a Finnish citizen

Situation: We had to planned to come to Canada, get married and start or in-land sponsorship process. Upon arrival, after speaking with a border agent, my spouse (the Finnish Citizen) was given a Visitor Record which will expire in 3 months. With this time frame we are unsure what steps we should take to be efficient and reach or result Having a successful sponsorship and finally living with each other.

Aries69

Oct 24, 2015
Dear seniors,
My father is a canadian citizen since 1974. I born in 1986 outside canada and my mother was not Canadizan citizen that time. She got citizenship status in 1990. I just want to know under which category I fall. I am going to sponsor my spouse and in form their is a quesiton where they asked which type of citizen you are?

1:- Citizenship by birth
2:- Citizenship by Descent
3:- Naturalized Canadian citizen