+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Mithra31

Sep 4, 2015
Ontario, CA
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
Hello everyone,

I'm engaged and since I am not allowed to go in my country of origin, I will go to another country ( India) to get married.
Some one told me before I go I should get a verification letter from my MP so that they verify that I can go in this country and get married and providing documents from this country is acceptable for sponsoring my spouse.
I at least need 2 months to stay there and the India's embassy in Ottawa they are not issuing Visa in PR Travel document.
I don't need Tourist visa because the stay period is 30 days and Is not extendable.

I'm very stressed and I don't know what should I do.
If anyone has gone through the same situation please please share your experience with me.

Thanks a million in advance.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello everyone,

I'm engaged and since I am not allowed to go in my country of origin, I will go to another country ( India) to get married.
Some one told me before I go I should get a verification letter from my MP so that they verify that I can go in this country and get married and providing documents from this country is acceptable for sponsoring my spouse.
I at least need 2 months to stay there and the India's embassy in Ottawa they are not issuing Visa in PR Travel document.
I don't need Tourist visa because the stay period is 30 days and Is not extendable.

I'm very stressed and I don't know what should I do.
If anyone has gone through the same situation please please share your experience with me.

Thanks a million in advance.
You don't need any sort of "verification letter" from your MP. That's ridiculous.

leo820

Aug 19, 2017
hi every one>>
I want to sponsor my wife who is overseas.. what to do ? we were friends since university > and we got married 2 years ago>> lived together for a year then I came to Canada >>
what do I need to make my application perfect?
I also filed my taxes for the first time and was told to wait 5 months to get it and didn't get my NOA >>supposed to get it by September ..should I wait for it before I apply?

JScribani

Jun 20, 2017
So you are in the situation that you want to sponsor your foreign spouse for permanent residency of Canada and don't know where to start. Here are some tips:...
Hi there Leon! I have a question I was hoping you could help me with.

I have already submitted my application, and I am part of the spreadsheets, and I know the acronyms. I get my information from two different FB groups as well as this forum. But there is one thing I'm really battling to find information about...an acronym doesn't tell me what that so of the process actually means. I know AOR is acknowledgement of receipt, but what are they doing in that step, and what is the difference between AOR1 and AOR2? What does it mean when you get AIP as opposed to DM? What happens when you're forwarded to a visa office?

I'm not talking about processing times, and I understand everyone's story will be slightly different. I just see a lot of people on the FB groups asking "what does this mean" and "what's the next step", so I'm not the only one confused, and I also see a lot of people who know exactly what is going on, so I wonder if there is a document or explanation of the process somewhere so that I can educate myself and better understand the step by step of my application?

Thank you!

Reactions: Galano1213

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Hi there Leon! I have a question I was hoping you could help me with.

I have already submitted my application, and I am part of the spreadsheets, and I know the acronyms. I get my information from two different FB groups as well as this forum. But there is one thing I'm really battling to find information about...an acronym doesn't tell me what that so of the process actually means. I know AOR is acknowledgement of receipt, but what are they doing in that step, and what is the difference between AOR1 and AOR2? What does it mean when you get AIP as opposed to DM? What happens when you're forwarded to a visa office?

I'm not talking about processing times, and I understand everyone's story will be slightly different. I just see a lot of people on the FB groups asking "what does this mean" and "what's the next step", so I'm not the only one confused, and I also see a lot of people who know exactly what is going on, so I wonder if there is a document or explanation of the process somewhere so that I can educate myself and better understand the step by step of my application?

Thank you!
If you put AOR in search on this website it will give you the definations you are looking for also search acronyms and a whole page will come up . You might also want to look at the thread for explanations for GCMS notes as well Hope this helps answer your questions

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hi every one>>
I want to sponsor my wife who is overseas.. what to do ? we were friends since university > and we got married 2 years ago>> lived together for a year then I came to Canada >>
what do I need to make my application perfect?
I also filed my taxes for the first time and was told to wait 5 months to get it and didn't get my NOA >>supposed to get it by September ..should I wait for it before I apply?
When you say that you came to Canada, what do you mean by that? Did you get PR approved and come to Canada for the first time? If so, did you include you wife in the application?

canada_33

Jul 16, 2017
Hi,

For those who submitted letters and/or cards as part of your Proof of Contact, did you submit originals or copies only?

Thank you.

Survivor27

Champion Member
May 24, 2016
Planet Earth!
Visa Office......
CEM
App. Filed.......
20.Dec.2016
Doc's Request.
22.Mar.2017
AOR Received.
05.Jan.2017
File Transfer...
13.Jan.2017
Med's Done....
17.Nov.2016_IOM
Passport Req..
19.June.2017
VISA ISSUED...
23.June.2017
LANDED..........
09.Sept.2017
Hi,

For those who submitted letters and/or cards as part of your Proof of Contact, did you submit originals or copies only?

Thank you.
Photocopies will do.

Reactions: canada_33

janmaypandya

Feb 8, 2015
Inland spouse application
Applied 1feb 2017
AOR 18 feb 2017
Medical june 3
Now its shows medical is passed so anyone shares same timeline.what will be the next step

CanadianZenGirl

Jan 24, 2017
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
File Transfer...
10-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
LANDED..........
23-06-2017
Does anyone know how long the wait currently is for PR cards? My husband landed June 23 and we've recently started watching the mail. We are also waiting on his social insurance number. We went to Service Canada in July and they said his info wasn't in the system yet. Um?? No worries, we were told, it would be mailed to us later. It's now been two months and still nothing. I'm wondering if maybe he should go back to our border station and make sure everything is in order. It doesn't seem right that it would take this long for the SIN.

simran.001

May 15, 2016
Visa Office......
New delhi
AOR Received.
30-04-2017
Med's Done....
22-06-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
It's an irrelevant question for this thread, but can anyone please advise if someone can get married after PPR or visa stamping ( before landing),
Please share your thoughts!!

Aggarwal123

Aug 23, 2017
My wife is in india, m in Canada
After receiving her file number and getting approved as a sponsor/file transferred to local visa office .
Wats d best way for her to bring her
1) visitor visa
2) work permit

Has anyone applied for either of them, wats d processing time for each ???

Thanks

MarJon

Jan 20, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
Hi everyone. Iwas wondering if anyone can help me. I want to submit the IMM 5475 form but i dont know where to send it. Do I send it to CPC Mississauga where i first sent the application or do I send it to the Visa Office in Manila where the application was transferred to?