+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

KaZRa

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Husband got a letter today saying he has 30 days to get medical done, that he ignored two previous requests. We got no such requests!

The letter came to our current address, but address on medical itself is an old address. Odd?

I crossed out old address and wrote in new one. That should be ok? I don't need to ask for a new one? I tried calling, couldn't get anyone live on the phone. So frustrating. Trying not to go into panic mode.

Can someone respond to this, please. I did update my address when I moved in April 2016.

arlhrpkcanada

May 19, 2017
Unfortunately my wife hepatitis C came positive, we did quantitative PCR RNA test and numbers came 97000 ( it should be less then 60000) Hp C is active but luckily AST and ALT are good that means liver is in good condition Hp C is only in blood..
Anyone can guide me what will happen now ?

zizaheer

Aug 8, 2014
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
05-Mar-2015
Nomination.....
17-Dec-2014 (PER)
AOR Received.
28-Jan-2015 (AOR)
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Not yet
Med's Request
26-May-2016
Med's Done....
31-May-2016
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
13-Jun-2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 2016
LANDED..........
October 2016, InshaAllah
I visited my home country to get married and came back in Canada. Now I am applying for her immigration without any further visit to her. In form 5532 I mentioned that we didn't visit each other. I thought they asked that question if we visited each other after marriage. Do you think I should have answered Yes? Please give your feedback considering my situation

userpg

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2015, received by CIC: 15-05-2015
AOR Received.
18-06-2015
File Transfer...
SA: 15-07-2015, AOR2: 06-08-2015
Med's Done....
18-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-10-2015
LANDED..........
07-12-2015 :)
Hi guys. It has been a while since o visited this forum :) So much has changed in the last 2 years.

I got my PR in October 2015 and moved to Toronto in December 2015. Stayed and worek there for 10 months, until I received a business offer back home. Came to Poland in October 2016.
I am planning to move back to Toronto in April 2018 and wondering if I will have any problems at the border. My Canadian wife is with me here, in Poland. It is going to bea year and a half outside Canada.
As I red in previous posts, I know there is the 730 days rule but for now I tottaly moved out of Canada. I have nothing there right now (no job, no address, no business). Can it be a concern for the CBSA?

Second question, how do they check when a person left the country? I heard that there was no system tracking the people leaving the country.

Another question, I am planning to move to Canada. Hovewer, I am planning to keep my business opened here, in Poland so I will be travelling to Poland every 4-6 weeks (staying in Poland for 5-6 days each time). Can that be a concern to the CBSA and can it effect my future PR status?

PS. I just red:
'You may also count days outside of Canada as days that you meet the residency obligation in these situations:
Situation 1. Accompanying a Canadian citizen outside Canada
You may count each day you accompanied a Canadian citizen outside Canada as long as this person is your spouse, common-law partner or parent (if you are a child under 19 years of age).
Proof needed
You must provide supporting documents to prove that:
  • The person you are accompanying is a Canadian citizen; and
  • You are the spouse, common-law partner or child of that person
My wife (a Canadian citizen) came back to Poland with me and just received a Temporary Resident status but she is not working at all right now so it's more like she is accompanying me, not that I am accompanying her.
Would the time spent with her here in Poland in tis case still count to my 730 days?

arlhrpkcanada

May 19, 2017
Unfortunately my wife hepatitis C came positive, we did quantitative PCR RNA test and numbers came 97000 ( it should be less then 60000) Hp C is active but luckily AST and ALT are good that means liver is in good condition Hp C is only in blood..

benisimo

Jul 3, 2017
Good day everyone, newbie here.

I am a PR and I am sponsoring my wife who is in the Philippines. I just have some confusion regarding the requirements and hoping someone could help.

A little background and context - we were boyfriend and girlfriend before I moved to Canada last 2015 (I actually became a PR on 2013, yet returned to the Philippines because of some commitments before finally settling here in 2015) and we just got married in the Philippines this last May 2017. Knowing that we already had plans to settle here, I already took the time several months ago before we got married to check the requirements for spousal sponsorship. I even asked some of my colleagues and friends here who had also sponsored their spouses for info they could provide. From what I've heard, aside from all the necessary forms and whatnot, we of course have to provide the proof of our relationship and some have said to provide massive amounts of proof such as photos, chat logs, emails, letters, mementos, keepsakes etc. which would result in hundreds of pages, as some also have mentioned that the more proof you provide, the faster the processing would take place. I even found this link in this forum which for me attested that claim to compile a lot of documents and photos for proof of the relationship (I believe they totaled 400+ pages). http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-i-organized-our-applcation-and-a-summary-of-all-helpful-tips-i-have-learned.92449/ So we had already started to compile all our photos and chat logs and other proof that we could provide through the course of our relationship even before the wedding.

However, last night I actually just checked the document checklist for spouse visa IMM 5533 (apparently it was updated just this June) and was surprised to see in the Proof of Relationship section that in our case we only need to provide 10 pages for proof of contact, proof that I visited and a maximum of 20 photos, proof of financial support, and proof that the relationship is recognized by friends and family, all of which we won't have any problem providing.

In one of my google searches, I also found a different checklist IMM 5491 but it looks outdated and it didn't mention anything specific about the proof of relationship.

So my questions would be, is IMM 5533 the correct checklist for our case? If yes, do I ignore IMM 5491 and just strictly follow what is on IMM 5533? At any point in time will I have to provide the "big package" of proof to CIC or is it no longer necessary? If so would anyone be able to attest to the claim that providing more proof = faster processing time?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know as well if I need to clarify anything.

Thank you!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
1. Do I have to print wedding and other pictures on proper photo paper from studio or I can print (Color) them on A4 paper. I wanted to print them on A4, since it helps me to describe the picture properly on computer in stead of hand writing. Please give your feedback

2. Is there anyone who has given explanation of "Income/Source of support" when your income is low. What did you write in explanation?

3. Anyone who included a career plan in case if you are doing a survival job instead of doing your career oriented job? How did you explain your career plan in such case?
1. Regular paper is fine.

2. Your circumstances are your own. No one else can explain it for you.

3. You don't need a career plan.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
IRCC may request further tests for her condition. Her app may be a bit delayed.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Can it be a concern for the CBSA?

Second question, how do they check when a person left the country? I heard that there was no system tracking the people leaving the country.

Another question, I am planning to move to Canada. Hovewer, I am planning to keep my business opened here, in Poland so I will be travelling to Poland every 4-6 weeks (staying in Poland for 5-6 days each time). Can that be a concern to the CBSA and can it effect my future PR status?

Would the time spent with her here in Poland in tis case still count to my 730 days?
No, not a concern.

Why does it matter?

No, not a concern and no effect on your status.

Yes, the days in Poland with your wife count towards the PR Residency Obligation.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
So my questions would be, is IMM 5533 the correct checklist for our case? If yes, do I ignore IMM 5491 and just strictly follow what is on IMM 5533? At any point in time will I have to provide the "big package" of proof to CIC or is it no longer necessary? If so would anyone be able to attest to the claim that providing more proof = faster processing time?
Everything you are referring to is with the OLD application package. IRCC introduced the new app and severely restricted he amount of proofs, probably because of all those people sending stupidly large apps with hundreds of pages.

Don't go searching for random forms like IMM5491. Use the application package on the website.

benisimo

Jul 3, 2017
Everything you are referring to is with the OLD application package. IRCC introduced the new app and severely restricted he amount of proofs, probably because of all those people sending stupidly large apps with hundreds of pages.

Don't go searching for random forms like IMM5491. Use the application package on the website.
That's wonderful to hear! Thank you so much for the response.