Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
29-06-2017
Doc's Request.
26-06-2017
AOR Received.
26-06-2017
At the back of the 20 photos do we we write the name and date of birth of just the principal applicant or both the principal applicant and sponsor? I just wanted to be 100% sure since on the checklist the photos are mentioned under Supporting Document for Sponsored Persons (Principal Applicant and all Family Members)
Just the principal applicants... and a brief description of the photo

Reactions: jptskt

jptskt

Apr 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
They can ask pretty much anything youd expect a spouse to know.... from what time do they get home from work to when was your wifes last menstrual cycle
Your wife's last menstrual cycle!!!!! Is this for real??? LOL! Good thing I share all these info with my husband.

Jeffuk88

Jan 22, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
29-06-2017
Doc's Request.
26-06-2017
AOR Received.
26-06-2017
Your wife's last menstrual cycle!!!!! Is this for real??? LOL! Good thing I share all these info with my husband.
Yeah somebody was asked that lol.... although if thats the only thing you didnt know im sure they wouldnt reject you...

We looked at example questions are some we got wrong like colour of toothbrush. I got it right but my wife thought the colours were the other way around haha

rosa_landaverde

Star Member
Feb 14, 2017
Hi ! I am sponsoring my wife, and we sent the paper in October 2016.
I was approved as a sponsor.
2 months ago, we received a letter saying we needed more proof of ongoing relationship, that we provided.
We haven't heard anything since then.

My question is, what is the most efficient way to see how things are going on ?
Is it better to call ( considering the efficiency of most public services, I fear it ) , or is there a website where the progress and steps are written ?

Thank you,

Hi, this does not answer your question but how long did it take you to get a letter from immigration that said you qualify to be a sponsor ?...I sent my application last year too on july 2017, my husband did his medical report as well but even until now I have not receive a letter saying I am qualify to sponsor ..

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
Hi, this does not answer your question but how long did it take you to get a letter from immigration that said you qualify to be a sponsor ?...I sent my application last year too on july 2017, my husband did his medical report as well but even until now I have not receive a letter saying I am qualify to sponsor ..
July 2016 is still within time. They're currently processing April 2016

Source_Of_Smile

Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-10-2018
Nomination.....
AINP
AOR Received.
05-10-2018
File Transfer...
NO - Inland
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Is there anyone, who send the OWP application in Alberta?
If yes, when did you send it? Is it approved?

Thanks in advance :)

shiiinjiiim

Star Member
May 26, 2017
Canada
In my ECAS account, I got this ;

Permanent Residence

1. We received your application for permanent residence on October 25, 2016.
  2. We started processing your application on November 21, 2016.
  3. Medical results have been received.
  4. We sent you correspondence on February 3, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Is it normal that it ends here ? I sent the extra information as they said. Am I just being impatient ? If I should call, what is the best phone number to reach someone and not be transfered ?
Call the call center as soon as possible if you are inside Canada.

johnsciutto

Apr 13, 2017
Hi!
Quick question:
I am an international student in Canada, and I'm about to apply for PR through common-law. I've been living together with my girlfriend for about a year and a half. My parents have invited me to go on vacation with them to the US for two weeks during my summer holiday from college. I have a valid Study Permit and Visitor Visa, which won't expire for years. However, I hear it's still not advisable to travel because they might deny you entry if you're processing the PR. I really want to go on this vacation, since I haven't seen my parents in a while. Do you think they might deny me entry back into Canada, if it's just for 2 weeks?
Thank you!

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hi!
Quick question:
I am an international student in Canada, and I'm about to apply for PR through common-law. I've been living together with my girlfriend for about a year and a half. My parents have invited me to go on vacation with them to the US for two weeks during my summer holiday from college. I have a valid Study Permit and Visitor Visa, which won't expire for years. However, I hear it's still not advisable to travel because they might deny you entry if you're processing the PR. I really want to go on this vacation, since I haven't seen my parents in a while. Do you think they might deny me entry back into Canada, if it's just for 2 weeks?
Thank you!
Other people might have more insight but we're in process with the applicant on a valid visitor visa and we were explicitly advised by our lawyer to not travel as there is always a risk (he was just going to cross the border to Syracuse for 1 day). Even though we live together, married, he's been in Canada the better part of 9 years, etc. On other forums we were given the same advice, to not take the risk.

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
Hi!
Quick question:
Thank you!
It's in descretion of the border services officer. However you already seem to know it's not recommended. There's no guarantee you'd be let back in

Huangxyqjy

Star Member
Apr 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2013
Med's Request
01-11-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2013
Passport Req..
21-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2013
LANDED..........
08-08-2014
hi there, I am preparing documents and find a field confused, on IMM 1344, part 1. Q5. date of birth, whose DOB I should fill in, the sponsor or the sponsored? I read the instruction and cannot figure out, thank you very much.

Jeffuk88

Jan 22, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
29-06-2017
Doc's Request.
26-06-2017
AOR Received.
26-06-2017
Hi!
Quick question:
Thank you!
You should be fine with a student visa... does it say multiple entry anywhere? What country are you from? I think the warning is for those who are pretty muh only in canada for their spouse... if you werent doing this application would you leave for a vacation? If so theyre not going to deny reentry BECAUSE yourr applying for PR

dr.rohit

Jul 1, 2014
TORONTO
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
COLOMBO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
CC Charged on 18.02.2015 PER On 17.04.2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
23.09.2015 Decision Made: 10.10.2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
hi there.. i have a query regarding conjugal partner.. as me and my girl friend are in relationship since last 9 years i have photos of us of last 6 years... i have paid for her post graduate studies and she might be having receipts of bank for that too.... and as we are from india .. casteism is still there.. i belong to brahmin family and she belongs to different caste i.e Jaat... both of us met together through my friends wife as my friends wife and my girl friend shared the same PG accomodation and we both belong to medical field.. we started dating each other while on training.. please advise me as my father threatend both of us if we get marry .if i go back for marry he wont let me come back to canada... I am a permanent resident of canada since almost 16 months.. but when i applied for my permanent residency i didnt give any information about spouse or common law partner as i never knew there is category called conjugal partner.. i came to canada in view that my parents will agree for our marriage in passage of time but when they get to know i ll not marry anyone else they started threatening us for adverse consequences of this marriage. please advise me how to proceed as i cant risk to go back to india and marry her.

Last edited:

jptskt

Apr 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
Do any of you know, what is the time limit they give us to turn in the police clearance certificate(s) and Schedule A form once they ask for it? A month? 2 months? 3 months?