07-07-2017
AOR Received.
28-06-2017
Med's Request
10-07-2017
Med's Done....
17-07-2017
Hi,

I posted a question a few days back but no one replied.

This is the only thing I am left to do. Do I really need a FRC from Nadra or is my community's marriage certificate sufficient?

If so, what is the process? My hubby is in Pakistan. He has an Urdu version, so he will need to apply again to get an English version. Also, on my end, I'll have to modify my card online. The only documents I can think of are the FRC and the marriage certificate from my community.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
AHC said:
I posted a question a few days back but no one replied.

This is the only thing I am left to do. Do I really need a FRC from Nadra or is my community's marriage certificate sufficient?

If so, what is the process? My hubby is in Pakistan. He has an Urdu version, so he will need to apply again to get an English version. Also, on my end, I'll have to modify my card online. The only documents I can think of are the FRC and the marriage certificate from my community.
I suggest you post in one of the Pakistan/Islamabad threads.

AHC

Champion Member
Apr 16, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
29-05-2017
Nomination.....
07-07-2017
AOR Received.
28-06-2017
Med's Request
10-07-2017
Med's Done....
17-07-2017
I am sorry, but I fail to understand why I need to question somewhere else when my question is related to spouse sponsorship.

I found this from the CIC website. Please, help me understand this.

For marriages which took place in Pakistan: The marriage certificate to be submitted is the “Nikkah Nama”. It must bear the Nikkah registry seal as evidence that the marriage has been properly registered by the union council or the relevant government authority in the relevant region. The NADRA (National Database and Registration Authority) issued marriage certificate should be included but is not sufficient evidence on its own.

I have the marriage certificate. Do I need the FRC?

J.Kadi

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AHC said:
I am sorry, but I fail to understand why I need to question somewhere else when my question is related to spouse sponsorship.

I found this from the CIC website. Please, help me understand this.

For marriages which took place in Pakistan: The marriage certificate to be submitted is the “Nikkah Nama”. It must bear the Nikkah registry seal as evidence that the marriage has been properly registered by the union council or the relevant government authority in the relevant region. The NADRA (National Database and Registration Authority) issued marriage certificate should be included but is not sufficient evidence on its own.

I have the marriage certificate. Do I need the FRC?
Canuck suggested posting in that thread because it is also spousal sponsorship but specifically related to Pakistan. People in that thread will be better to help you.

In regards to your question: It says in plain that the marriage certificate is not sufficient evidence on its own, therefore, you will need to include more evidence. I have no clue what an FRC is but if it is proof that you're married then it should be included along with any other evidence.

Sanme

Nov 24, 2015
I got a letter from Canada Immigration office to provide them the Singapore PCC. As mentioned in this group, I applied for one online and submitted my application. But i did not see any option for the payment. Can anyone please help me with the process? After submitting the application, what exactly I need to do next? Do i wait for the approval to pay the fees or is there any other option to pay beforehand? Is it mandatory to send the finger prints to the Singapore Police?Please help!!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
AHC said:
Your question is Pakistan-specific, therefore you are most likely to get a proper answer if asking on a Pakistan-specific thread. Pretty simple...

Xylnaeri

Star Member
Aug 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This might be a dumb question, but if I apply for spousal sponsorship, while staying with my husband in Canada, how do I get my PR card? Is that something I get automatically when I apply?

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
Xylnaeri said:
This might be a dumb question, but if I apply for spousal sponsorship, while staying with my husband in Canada, how do I get my PR card? Is that something I get automatically when I apply?
The PR card will be mailed to you after you land as a PR.

AHC

Champion Member
Apr 16, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
29-05-2017
Nomination.....
07-07-2017
AOR Received.
28-06-2017
Med's Request
10-07-2017
Med's Done....
17-07-2017
Thank you. I asked local community members who had recently sponsored their spouse from Pakistan, and they said FRC from Nadra isn't required, as our marriage certificate is sufficient.

devilsofnj

Star Member
Feb 6, 2016
Vancouver Island
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
If the person you are sponsoring, i.e. my wife in this example, has been denied a tourist visa previously from the Canadian government will that impact her sponsorship application?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
devilsofnj said:
If the person you are sponsoring, i.e. my wife in this example, has been denied a tourist visa previously from the Canadian government will that impact her sponsorship application?
Provided you declare the refusal in the application - no.

fars

Mar 29, 2017
Hello friends,
I have an urgent question and I am hoping somebody can help me out.
I got my PR confirmation and I am preparing to do my landing soon. The problem is that 8 month ago, I had a proxy verbal marriage that was not documented, so, there is no marriage certificate. I lived with my wife for 8 Month and half. Should I disclose this when I land? However, I can not get a prove of marriage, or wait till I get my PR and then get legal official marriage and then have a sponsorship. please advice.

mmahedihasan

Star Member
Apr 23, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
devilsofnj said:
Mae sure you declare that in the application. It should not be a problem.

cybersaadk

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
Med's Request
30-03-2017
Med's Done....
10-04-2017
fars said:
Hello friends,
I have an urgent question and I am hoping somebody can help me out.
I got my PR confirmation and I am preparing to do my landing soon. The problem is that 8 month ago, I had a proxy verbal marriage that was not documented, so, there is no marriage certificate. I lived with my wife for 8 Month and half. Should I disclose this when I land? However, I can not get a prove of marriage, or wait till I get my PR and then get legal official marriage and then have a sponsorship. please advice.
CIC only recognizes proxy marriages under certain conditions. If you fall under them, i would say you should disclose it and apply for your wife's sponsorship.

From: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1081&top=14

Does IRCC recognize marriages conducted by proxy, telephone, internet and fax?
No. We don’t recognize these types of marriages. If one or both parties are not physically present at the ceremony, we won’t recognize the marriage.

You may be exempt from this rule if:

Your application was received before June 10, 2015, or
You are a member of the Canadian Armed Forces. The marriage may be recognized if:
You could not be physically present at your marriage ceremony, because of travel restrictions related to your service,
the marriage took place outside of Canada, and
It was registered in a country where marriage by proxy is legal.