31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
needPermit said:
Yes, she has a departure ticket back to home.
Then very likely she will be allowed back in... anything is possible but the departure ticket signifies she won't be staying if you know what I mean.

bilabongster

Star Member
Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
needPermit said:
Hello Everyone,
I asked this questions before but got no response. I tried to search everywhere on this site but couldn't find anything (maybe this post is so long that I could have easily missed it).
Hence if this question has been answered before, please accept my apologies. I just need some help here.

My situation:
Me and my fiance are getting married in August. She will be coming to Canada 2 weeks before the wedding on visitor visa (multiple entry). After the wedding, we'll file her inland PR application.

Question Arise:
The thing is that we both are going to Mexico for a week for our honeymoon and her inland PR application will be filed after that. When she comes back, is there any reason that she could be denied entry? She has a multiple entry visitor visa. Does her intention seem dodgy because in the end we are gonna file for her inland PR application.
And if it does seem dodgy, what can we do to make it seem fair?

Please help, I've been stressing over this fact for a long time now.

Thanks,
needPermit
There is no concrete answer to this situation, but I can share my experience. My wife has entered Canada with me 2 times in the past. Once without any application and once after outland application. We were also too worried and we ended up booking a return ticket for her, but the officer never asked her to show a return ticket on both occasions. The second time the officer asked her if we have already filed a PR application and she said yes - outland. And it was over within seconds.

bilabongster

Star Member
Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MonicaRampradeepRaj said:
Hi, I'm October 2016 applicant. I've got my AOR2 and I see no progress being made in my application ever since after the file transfer to NDO. When I can expect my visa?
I know a september applicant who got PR last week. So you're almost there too..

needPermit

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-05-2016
Doc's Request.
07-06-2017
Nomination.....
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
Med's Request
07-06-2017
Med's Done....
07-013-2017
bilabongster said:
There is no concrete answer to this situation, but I can share my experience. My wife has entered Canada with me 2 times in the past. Once without any application and once after outland application. We were also too worried and we ended up booking a return ticket for her, but the officer never asked her to show a return ticket on both occasions. The second time the officer asked her if we have already filed a PR application and she said yes - outland. And it was over within seconds.
The two times when you entered together, I am assuming you were PR or Citizen at that time? And did your wife come as a visitor?

bilabongster

Star Member
Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
needPermit said:
The two times when you entered together, I am assuming you were PR or Citizen at that time? And did your wife come as a visitor?
Yes!

KrishHH

Star Member
May 18, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2016
Hi

I recently got married and am planning to bring my wife to Canada as soon as possible. could someone guide me what is the best option.

I mean can I apply visitor visa first and later sponsor PR or applying PR is the best option?

also please guide me what are all the documents myself and my wife need to fill to apply PR.

deemaom

May 1, 2017
Hi all ,
we were requested to bring a police certificate from backhome , but we live in a different country where the visa office is.
do you think its ok to get the police certificate from backhome ?? like do it backhome and then send it to the visa office .
or we have to go through the backhome embassy where we live ?
its a lot easier if we ask somebody to it for us backhome than doing it through the embassy

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
deemaom said:
Hi all ,
we were requested to bring a police certificate from backhome , but we live in a different country where the visa office is.
do you think its ok to get the police certificate from backhome ?? like do it backhome and then send it to the visa office .
or we have to go through the backhome embassy where we live ?
its a lot easier if we ask somebody to it for us backhome than doing it through the embassy
You can do either one actually..

Mar 10, 2017
Hi,

I have a concern and would really appreciate some advice.
I am a Canadian citizen and was preparing an application to sponsor my common law partner who is a British citizen residing in Canada (currently with only visitor status). We were depending on help from an experienced and reputable immigration lawyer. At the time of filing (December 2016), we unfortunately decided to take a break from our relationship and did not proceed with filing. We re-conciliated in March 2017 and are living together again since that time.
Our lawyer is now challenging our status as common law partners, since we had a 3 month break. We lived together before continuously for 14 months (until December 2016). The options we are being given, is to wait until March 2018 to apply (which means my partner would be residing in Canada without status), or get married. Neither of us wants to rush into a wedding due to immigration purposes. It is un-moral for us. We want to be able to wed in our own timing.

Can someone please help. Do we have another option? Are we now not considered common law?

Thank you

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
canadianinquisition said:
I am a Canadian citizen and was preparing an application to sponsor my common law partner who is a British citizen residing in Canada (currently with only visitor status). We were depending on help from an experienced and reputable immigration lawyer. At the time of filing (December 2016), we unfortunately decided to take a break from our relationship and did not proceed with filing. We re-conciliated in March 2017 and are living together again since that time.
Our lawyer is now challenging our status as common law partners, since we had a 3 month break. We lived together before continuously for 14 months (until December 2016). The options we are being given, is to wait until March 2018 to apply (which means my partner would be residing in Canada without status), or get married. Neither of us wants to rush into a wedding due to immigration purposes. It is un-moral for us. We want to be able to wed in our own timing.

Can someone please help. Do we have another option? Are we now not considered common law?
You are no longer common-law. You have been given your options: establish common-law status again or get married.

If you choose the common-law option, your partner needs to maintain their status by extending his stay.

Maddy44

Star Member
Oct 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
Doc's Request.
01-03-2017
AOR Received.
12-03-2017
File Transfer...
05-04-2017
Med's Request
12-04-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
Hey guys i have a question.! Do we get email about file transfer to visa office. Like NDVO New Delhi. How can I know where my file is in Missisauga or in New Delhi? Do we get any acknowledgement mail about schedule A received. I sent mine like 20 days ago. No email from them since that.

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
canadianinquisition said:
Hi,

I have a concern and would really appreciate some advice.

Thank you
He/she can apply for an extension of their visitor status.

SMARTZ

Star Member
Oct 11, 2014
navshukla said:
Hello Friends
My BG check was started on 22nd Apr but no update after that, how many days usually NDVO take to do DM or any other update?
Thanks
There is no set pattern...i filed for spousal PR on 24th March and they starting processing 24 Apr.. and alrdy received medical call...so it's kind of amazing..hw do they work...

navshukla

Mar 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-Sep-2016
Doc's Request.
Showing N/A
File Transfer...
09-Nov-2016
Interview........
N/A BG inprocess on 22nd Apr
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
SMARTZ said:
There is no set pattern...i filed for spousal PR on 24th March and they starting processing 24 Apr.. and alrdy received medical call...so it's kind of amazing..hw do they work...

[/thanks for reply
i got PPR though yesterday ,All the best for yours ]