+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

na2co

Apr 21, 2017
davdeep said:
Use the official receipt number (the payment that you made for the application) and your year of birth. I have done that and have spoken to them.
Thank you davdeep for info!!
I will try tomorrow :)

deep5434

Star Member
Feb 17, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2016
Doc's Request.
06-03-2017
Med's Done....
07-05-2016
Hello guys.
My bg in process since 18th april. After that no updates. Can any one have idea how many more days it will take. Very frustrating time.

navshukla

Mar 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-Sep-2016
Doc's Request.
Showing N/A
File Transfer...
09-Nov-2016
Interview........
N/A BG inprocess on 22nd Apr
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
deep5434 said:
Hello guys.
My bg in process since 18th april. After that no updates. Can any one have idea how many more days it will take. Very frustrating time.
[Mine BG check they started in 22 since that no update, i guess within 2 weeks after BG in progress they will change the status to DM ]

navshukla

Mar 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-Sep-2016
Doc's Request.
Showing N/A
File Transfer...
09-Nov-2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Re: Spousal sponsorship/ new born baby .

Prashant bhanot said:
Hi , can some one help me to find out the best way to apply for my new born baby .
I am a permanent resident of Canada. Born in India, I got married in India two years ago ..
I applied or for my wife , she got her permanent residency in February 2017 and the last date on which she should be in Canada is in September.
We are now parents of a new born baby she came to this world on 26th of March 2017.
We already have her birth certificate and passport ready .
Can some one please tell me what will be the best way to apply for my new born baby , my options ,
What are the documents that we required for applying for her PR ?

[Hello Parshant congrats for Baby
I also added my New born baby into my wife's PR application recently
first you have to send an email to NDVO and then you have to contact CPC mississauga and tell them that you want to sponsor your new born baby they will send you an email which explains you all the forms ]
Steps
1); You have to inform NDVO there you need to send a signed letter about the changes in your family composition.
2) Then you have to call CIC call centre in Canada and tell them you want to add your new born baby they will email you all the form you need to fill.
3) Fill the forms and pay the fee, attach some photos with your baby also baby's notarized birth certificate, yours and your parter's , your baby's passport copy. sedn this package to CPC mississauga.
4) After this they will transfer your file to NDVO then You will receive a Medical request for your baby.

deep5434

Star Member
Feb 17, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2016
Doc's Request.
06-03-2017
Med's Done....
07-05-2016
navshukla said:
deep5434 said:
Hello guys.
[Mine BG check they started in 22 since that no update, i guess within 2 weeks after BG in progress they will change the status to DM ]
Thanks. But my medical expire on 7 may. Is NDVO request me for remedical??

navshukla

Mar 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-Sep-2016
Doc's Request.
Showing N/A
File Transfer...
09-Nov-2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
deep5434 said:
Thanks. But my medical expire on 7 may. Is NDVO request me for remedical??
[/sometime they provide medical extensions]

Jeff243

Jun 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2017
Son-of-A-Gun said:
Hi, I see your question went under the radar. I'll do my best to answer it because your situation is very similar to mine.

We've been living together outside Canada since 2007. We married in 2008. We have 2 children born outside Canada but have all their Canadian papers. OK. Here's what we did and the documents we provided (in no particular order):

• Marriage certificate (translated according to CIC specifications: an affidavit from the person who completed the translation; and
    a certified copy of the original document)
  • Family Record Book (certified copy of all pertinent pages)
  • Enough proofs that we're both employed, financially independent and "stable" (it's not a must or a requirement, but it is supposed to help!)
  • Proof of children Canadian citizenship
  • Signed affidavit of our intent to come back to Canada after wife's PR
  • Certified copy of our joint mortgage and purchase agreements relating to the residence in which we both live
  • A proof of a joint bank account (and a common credit card)
  • A proof of life insurance on each of us which names the other as a beneficiary

Now, one of the most important/tricky form is Sponsored Spouse/Partner Questionnaire (IMM 5490). Pay special attention to (and give as much detail as possible) to questions Q6, Q9, Q14/15, Q19, and Q24 (but not limited to)(Follow CIC's advice: If insufficient space, use a separate sheet of paper.). Do your homework, take your time, dig in your souvenirs/memories and family albums for important facts, and put emphasis on quality over quantity. Provide enough photos: 15 to 20 ideally for each stage of your relationship and family life:

• Q9: Before your wedding, when you met, dated, travels and trips together, etc. And of course, if available, evidence of events or activities in which you both participated.
  • Q14/15: Pictures of any formal ceremony to celebrate your engagement and/or your marriage. Give as much detail as possible: When and where the proposal/ceremony take place, date, details on number of attendees, identification of attendees, family ties, relatives present, etc.
  • Q19: Pictures and details about your honeymoon (when, where, pictures, etc.)
  • Q24: Prove to CIC that you're living together, as a couple and as a family, like providing a couple of typical family pictures of each year (since 2010 in your case till 2016)

Hope it helps!

Thank you I think I am on the right track....

Jeff243

Jun 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2017
Thank you all for the help I have been getting in this forum. Thank you very much, I have a difficutly right now....At first I paid for the Sponsorship fee ($75), and principal applicant processing fee ($475). I got a receipt for that. I then sent my app. But my app got returned for missing documents. I have completed all and now about to send it back, but only this time I would also like to pay for the right of permanent residence fee ($490) and send the two receipts. The problem is that on the CIC site I dont see any where how I can only pay for right of permanent residence fee ($490). Can anyone help. Thanks in advance

needPermit

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-05-2016
Doc's Request.
07-06-2017
Nomination.....
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
Med's Request
07-06-2017
Med's Done....
07-013-2017
Hello Everyone,
I am new to this forum here, guess it's pretty long so it's hard on where to start. I just basically need your insight on my situation here.

I am getting married to my girlfriend in August of this year. She currently does have a multiple 10 year visiting visa. Our plan is that she comes to Canada on her visiting visa and we get married here. We then file for her spousal "inland" PR application. Based on her spousal PR application, we also get her open work permit. My question is:

1. After the wedding and before we submit her inland PR application (which is roughly 2 weeks time), can she travel outside Canada for a short vacation and then come back (on visitor visa) to Canada with me without any problems? Does this make her intentions unclear in some way?

If any of you have been in a similar situation, please share.

Thanks,
needPermit

shovav

Nov 16, 2016
Leon said:
So you are in the situation that you want to sponsor your foreign spouse for permanent residency of Canada and don't know where to start. Here are some tips:

Married, common law or conjugal partners

First you need to pick an application class. There are three of them: married, common-law and conjugal. For all of them, you need to prove the genuineity of your relationship. For common-law, you need to prove that you have lived together for 12 months or longer. For conjugal, you need to prove that you have combined your affairs as much as possible but there are real immigration barriers or other barriers preventing you from living together or getting married. Conjugal is the hardest to prove. For example, if your partner could get a visit visa to come to Canada for 6 months and then apply for an extension to get the full year, even though they will not be allowed to work, that is not considered an immigration barrier. An immigration barrier is if your partner tries to get a visit visa to come to Canada and is repeatedly refused. Some people have had luck with the conjugal class but try to avoid it if possible.

Outland or inland?

Now you need to decide if to apply outland or inland. If your spouse is not in Canada and can not get a visa to go to Canada, you must apply outland. That means that you will send your application to Mississauga and they will approve you as a sponsor. The time that takes is usually 1-2 months to but current processing times can be seen here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#sponsorship After that, the application is forwarded to your local visa office. If your spouse is residing in a country other than the country of their nationality, you can pick which of the two visa offices you want. Otherwise it will be processed in their country of nationality. You can see the processing times here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/05-fc-spouses.asp

If your spouse is staying in Canada as a visitor or on some other visa, you can pick whether you want to apply outland or inland. Outland is generally faster and has appeal rights but a downside to outland is that if an interview is required, your spouse will have to travel to the visa office in the country where it's being processed. Inland has the downside that it's generally not advised that your spouse travels while you are waiting for your processing because it is a requirement of inland that they reside in Canada and if they are denied entry at the border for some reason, your application is gone. If an interview is required for inland, you may also have to wait a long time for it. The inland application would be sent to Vegreville and if all goes well, you would get a first stage approval, usually in 6 to 8 months. The current processing times can be seen here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#perm_res Then the file is forwarded to your local CIC office where you live and they will contact you for a landing appointment. Getting the PR with inland usually takes 12-18 months. If an interview is required for inland, Vegreville will not give first stage approval but instead will forward the application to the local CIC office without it and you will have to wait for them to have time for your interview. In some cases that can take a year or two. If you do get the first stage approval, your spouse will usually be eligible for health care and an open work permit. It is actually a good idea when applying inland to send an application form for a visit visa extension as well as the open work permit to be given at first stage approval all in one package so it's tied together.

Which method to pick depends on your situation. If your spouses country of nationality has a long processing time or your spouse does not want to have to travel there for a possible interview, then inland is the way to go. For faster processing and freedom of travel during the processing time, outland would be better. You can find the application forms for inland at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp and the application forms for outland at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

Avoiding potential problems with your application

The most common reason for people to be called for an interview is that the visa officer has doubts about the relationship being genuine. It is up to you to send immigration some quality data, emails, chat logs, phone records, photos, letters and other material to prove to them that your relationship is the real thing. Other reasons you might have problems with is eligibility of the sponsor. The sponsor can not be on social assistance, can not be bankrupt and can not have a record of violent crimes or crimes against family members. If that is the case, better talk to a lawyer and get that cleared up before attempting to apply.

Dependent children

If your spouse has dependent children, they must be included in the PR application, even if they are not coming to Canada. They will need to have medicals as well to keep the option open to sponsor them later. The only way that immigration will accept the application without those medicals is if the children are no longer minors and refuse to have it or if the children are in the full custody of their other parent who refuses to make them available for medicals. In that case, your spouse needs to sign a statement stating that they know that they will never be able to sponsor these children to Canada in the future.

Dependent children are classified as single and either under 22 years of age or if they are older, they must have been full time students since before age 22 or dependent on their parent due to a disability or medical problem.

Refusals due to income and medicals

You will be asked to provide information about your income but you will not be denied to sponsor your spouse and dependent children because you do not make enough money. It is possible though that if you make absolutely no money at all that immigration may ask you how you plan to support yourselves.

Spouses and dependent children are also exempt from the clause about excessive demand on health care so you do not have to worry about them being refused for that reason.

Sponsoring your spouse while living in another country

If you are a Canadian citizen, you can sponsor your spouse without being in Canada but you do then have to prove that you are planning on moving to Canada when your spouse gets approved for permanent residency. Such proof can include having arranged jobs, being accepted to college, having arranged housing or letters from friends & relatives stating that they know of your plans and that you can stay with them while you look for housing etc.

If you are a PR, you must reside in Canada in order to sponsor your spouse. You can chance short vacations (remember that a Canadian vacation is generally no longer than 2 weeks) but if immigration finds out that you are not in Canada, you risk getting your application refused.
Leon,
what about if owe money to private company like telus and I have collection agencies calling me. Would that affect my application ?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
shovav said:
Leon,
what about if owe money to private company like telus and I have collection agencies calling me. Would that affect my application ?
no. personal debts have nothing to do with spousal sponsorship applications. it has absolutely no affect.

California2Canada

Apr 25, 2017
Hi everyone.

Giant thanks to everyone who has helped give all of us so much information! This is my first post and I appreciate any assistance. I have poured through the forums looking for answers, so I do apologize if this was asked somewhere else. If so, feel free to point me there.

I'm looking for an answers specific to implied status and travel, and on visa extension
(My first question is similar to NeedPermit above, except I am doing Outland not Inland.)

My situation (pretty simple):
I am American, my fiancee is Canadian. I am currently living with her in Canada on a 6 month visitor visa (technically visa exempt). We are getting married in BC July 9th, but my 6 months runs out end of June.

My initial plan was to file for a visa extension end of May (30 days before the initial 6 months expires). It seems common to be approved, but just in case the wait time (which gives implied status) would carry me through our wedding date. Then after we got married, we would send in my PR Outland app, and I would have implied status to stay in the country. Easy enough.

My hiccup is that we are going to the US in August for a 2 week honeymoon. I may actually stay longer (3-4 weeks), and come back separately.

1. My question then is: Do I lose implied status when I leave the country? I'm worried about getting back in the country after our honeymoon if my visa is expired and either didn't get approval to extend, or is still pending. Is it enough to show a copy of my submitted PR app at the border and say I have implied status and we are awaiting the decision? I know there are never absolutes with the border and it depends on who you get, but does anyone have experience with this?

Another hiccup is that I have heard it can take a month to receive the marriage certificate. Now I'm worried that if we are leaving for our US honeymoon exactly a month after our wedding, we don't be able to get the PR app in before we go, and I will have nothing to show at the border (especially if my visa extension is still pending). For this reason, we are thinking about doing a courthouse wedding first in May to speed up the process.

I was also thinking of a courthouse wedding in May in order to include a copy of it with my visa extension application, to give good reason to why they should extend. Even if the official certificate hadn't arrived (if it truly takes weeks), I could at least include some record of it. But I've seen mixed answers on this.

2. My visa extension question: Since I'm technically applying for a visitor visa extension, is it bad to show proof that my real intent is to apply for PR? Or is it better to give them good reason to extend me?

3. Finally, does it look dodgy at all to be doing a courthouse wedding in order to submit paperwork sooner if we have plenty of other proof of a genuine relationship? Especially if we include info about our formal wedding coming up 2 months later (like showing a save the date, invitation, etc)?

Thank you SO much for your help, and sorry again if this has been covered somewhere else in here.
Courtney

p.s. Tip for anyone searching the forums:
You can use Google to search (any) forum far faster than a typical search bar or manually clicking through. You simply type "site" followed by a colon followed by the website you want to search, all as one term. Then a space, and then the search term. You can use the main website or a specific part, to search only that forum.

This isn't letting me post real links in order to show this fully, but you can try to figure it out from the example below:

'"site:example.com visa extension" put into Google (without the quotes) will search all of example.com for 'visa extension'.

'"site:example.com/topic visa extension" will search only the 'topic' part of example.com for 'visa extension'.

This has been incredibly helpful and time saving to try and find answers! Hope it helps you too 8)

berty

Nov 1, 2016
ON
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 oct 2016
AOR Received.
10 dec 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
N/A
hi guys
i recevied my APR on march 8th and then 13th march after a month i received the same letter on april 24th
so i called the CPC regarding the APR and their said their my status is DM but i didnt get any emails regarding it
how long will it take to receive the DM email ???

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
California2Canada said:
Hi everyone.

Giant thanks to everyone who has helped give all of us so much information! This is my first post and I appreciate any assistance. I have poured through the forums looking for answers, so I do apologize if this was asked somewhere else. If so, feel free to point me there.

I'm looking for an answers specific to implied status and travel, and on visa extension
(My first question is similar to NeedPermit above, except I am doing Outland not Inland.)

My situation (pretty simple):
I am American, my fiancee is Canadian. I am currently living with her in Canada on a 6 month visitor visa (technically visa exempt). We are getting married in BC July 9th, but my 6 months runs out end of June.

My initial plan was to file for a visa extension end of May (30 days before the initial 6 months expires). It seems common to be approved, but just in case the wait time (which gives implied status) would carry me through our wedding date. Then after we got married, we would send in my PR Outland app, and I would have implied status to stay in the country. Easy enough.

My hiccup is that we are going to the US in August for a 2 week honeymoon. I may actually stay longer (3-4 weeks), and come back separately.

1. My question then is: Do I lose implied status when I leave the country? I'm worried about getting back in the country after our honeymoon if my visa is expired and either didn't get approval to extend, or is still pending. Is it enough to show a copy of my submitted PR app at the border and say I have implied status and we are awaiting the decision? I know there are never absolutes with the border and it depends on who you get, but does anyone have experience with this?

Another hiccup is that I have heard it can take a month to receive the marriage certificate. Now I'm worried that if we are leaving for our US honeymoon exactly a month after our wedding, we don't be able to get the PR app in before we go, and I will have nothing to show at the border (especially if my visa extension is still pending). For this reason, we are thinking about doing a courthouse wedding first in May to speed up the process.

I was also thinking of a courthouse wedding in May in order to include a copy of it with my visa extension application, to give good reason to why they should extend. Even if the official certificate hadn't arrived (if it truly takes weeks), I could at least include some record of it. But I've seen mixed answers on this.

2. My visa extension question: Since I'm technically applying for a visitor visa extension, is it bad to show proof that my real intent is to apply for PR? Or is it better to give them good reason to extend me?

3. Finally, does it look dodgy at all to be doing a courthouse wedding in order to submit paperwork sooner if we have plenty of other proof of a genuine relationship? Especially if we include info about our formal wedding coming up 2 months later (like showing a save the date, invitation, etc)?

Thank you SO much for your help, and sorry again if this has been covered somewhere else in here.
Courtney

p.s. Tip for anyone searching the forums:
You can use Google to search (any) forum far faster than a typical search bar or manually clicking through. You simply type "site" followed by a colon followed by the website you want to search, all as one term. Then a space, and then the search term. You can use the main website or a specific part, to search only that forum.

This isn't letting me post real links in order to show this fully, but you can try to figure it out from the example below:

'"site:example.com visa extension" put into Google (without the quotes) will search all of example.com for 'visa extension'.

'"site:example.com/topic visa extension" will search only the 'topic' part of example.com for 'visa extension'.

This has been incredibly helpful and time saving to try and find answers! Hope it helps you too 8)
Outland application doesn't give you implied status (only inland with OWP gives you implied status). You will have to separately apply to extend your stay in Canada and keep your status here legal. If you leave Canada, you'll be entering as a new visitor when you re-enter and will be assessed as such by CBSA.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
Outland application doesn't give you implied status (only inland with OWP gives you implied status). You will have to separately apply to extend your stay in Canada and keep your status here legal. If you leave Canada, you'll be entering as a new visitor when you re-enter and will be assessed as such by CBSA.
I think the poster is talking about the Implied Status that comes with applying to extend a visitor status...at least that's what I thought when I replied to his/her identical post in another thread.