+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

fastl

Dec 8, 2016
Ramand.Saini said:
hi,

Do we need to fill a separate IMM5532 form for Applicant and Spouse as per the new application package? Or just one needs to fill it as it takes signatures of both Applicant and Spouse?
Hi. It says in the site that the sponsor and principal applicant sign the same form, so we just need to fill out and submit one form.

robsmann

Star Member
May 21, 2012
Richmond, Virginia, United States of America
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2014
Doc's Request.
31-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
08-11-2014
Passport Req..
13-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2015
LANDED..........
18-04-2015
Hi All,
I'm posting this on behalf of someone:

I am a permanent resident of Canada (landed in 2012).
I am getting divorced from my wife and getting married again. My fiancé is in India and I need to sponsor her.
Please guide me on the things I need to ensure in such situation. Thanks.

gatwiser

Jan 8, 2017
Re: Spousal sponsorship - IMM5562E

The supplementary travel documentation for the past 10 years, is it travel documentation from the country Spouse (being sponsored) resides in or all travels for the Sponsor.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
robsmann said:
Hi All,
I'm posting this on behalf of someone:

I am a permanent resident of Canada (landed in 2012).
I am getting divorced from my wife and getting married again. My fiancé is in India and I need to sponsor her.
Please guide me on the things I need to ensure in such situation. Thanks.
Once your divorce comes through, you'll be able to marry your fiance. Once you are married, you'll be able to submit the sponsorship application. Details on how to apply are here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse.asp

bunny_2089

Star Member
Jan 5, 2014
Confuse about form and other things

Hello all,
Question 1:
In form 5562(travell info), whose details i need to fill up? I am applying from india. So i am filling my details for sure. But in Q.3 do i need to fill up my spouse (my sponsor who is in canada)details? M confuse.
Question 2:
New application package saying include only 10 pages of your all chats and max of 20 pictures to prove your relationship. So my question is is it ok if this numbers are more. I mean in 20 pics you cant cover everything. Same for chats. So is it ok if we exceed the number. If yes than how much
Plz help
Thnx

razor787

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
Hey everyone.

I married a Russian girl and we had a very small wedding. It was just us, and or photographer/translator.

My parents aren't able to easily travel, while my wife's family is. So we decided to have our wedding in Russia, but to do or ceremony in Canada when we are able to afford something nice, and to have our familes come together.

We dressed up, and have photos, but I'm worried that having nobody present at the wedding will have us refused. What does everyone think?

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
razor787 said:
Hey everyone.

I married a Russian girl and we had a very small wedding. It was just us, and or photographer/translator.

My parents aren't able to easily travel, while my wife's family is. So we decided to have our wedding in Russia, but to do or ceremony in Canada when we are able to afford something nice, and to have our familes come together.

We dressed up, and have photos, but I'm worried that having nobody present at the wedding will have us refused. What does everyone think?

You can explain that in an attachment or in your submission to immigration. Also, immigration is looking for other pictures with you and her family or her family with you. Doesn't have to be pictures of only the ceremony.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
razor787 said:
Hey everyone.

There are a lot of factors that come into play, it's not just the wedding ceremony. If you have a legit reason why they weren't there, then explain it. Other factors are things like do your parents/family/friends know about the relationship, do you communicate with them, visit them, etc. If she can't come to Canada now because she can't get a visa, there's not really anything you can do about it, or if she has, then use that information. Load up instead on showing how you interact with her family otherwise.

razor787

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
Our families know about the relationship. We have just got back from a visit in Canada. And living in Russia, I see her family often.

I will admit... I haven't told my parents about the marriage. I don't know how they would react. I figured we would do the ceremony in the future, and not mention to them that a marriage has already taken place.

Would it be likely that this fact come out during the process? I'm not sure if they would be contacting family members, but we are hoping that we can give our parents a proper ceremony, instead of having to tell them that is already happened, and they weren't there.

volkov

Sep 20, 2014
razor787 said:
Our families know about the relationship. We have just got back from a visit in Canada. And living in Russia, I see her family often.

I will admit... I haven't told my parents about the marriage. I don't know how they would react. I figured we would do the ceremony in the future, and not mention to them that a marriage has already taken place.

Would it be likely that this fact come out during the process? I'm not sure if they would be contacting family members, but we are hoping that we can give our parents a proper ceremony, instead of having to tell them that is already happened, and they weren't there.
I understand you completely and don't think they should bother people about family matters like this, every family is different especially dealing with adults that haven't lived with parents for a long time. I haven't seen my parents face to face in years, but we talk almost every day on the phone, and my parents who live in another not so far away province haven't met my spouse either and I haven't met my spouse's parents as they live far away overseas. We are all still close, we communicate daily, we just never met face to face and I do my visiting with my own parents over the phone every day, picking up everything to go to see them doesn't seem necessary as we are very close already and the phone and email is fine.

Ramand.Saini

Jul 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2017
AOR Received.
05-04-2017
fastl said:
Hi. It says in the site that the sponsor and principal applicant sign the same form, so we just need to fill out and submit one form.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
razor787 said:

IRCC will not contact your family. However, you will be required to explain in the app why your parents are not aware of your marriage.

If your parents do a little research about the sponsorship process and the requirements, they will most likely be able to figure out that you are married.

Naina888

Star Member
Dec 19, 2016
MonzB said:
Affidavit is a sworn statement. You can just get them to write in form of a letter address to CIC "to whom this may concern"
Thanks, 1 more thing i want to ask, I am living in dubai from the day when i got married, but i am staying here on tourist visa like after every 40 days i am going to Oman by road and coming back within 3 hours, to get 40 days extension, but its mention in CIC living as a tourist will not consider you a residence. i am living in Dubai from April 2016. i can apply through out land??

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Naina888 said:
Thanks, 1 more thing i want to ask, I am living in dubai from the day when i got married, but i am staying here on tourist visa like after every 40 days i am going to Oman by road and coming back within 3 hours, to get 40 days extension, but its mention in CIC living as a tourist will not consider you a residence. i am living in Dubai from April 2016. i can apply through out land??
Hi Naina,

You are the sponsor correct? and you have been living in the UAE essentially on a visit visa? I did the same...I wrote a letter explaining that my permanent residence was in Canada, that I was visiting my husband in the UAE while our application was being processed (we have the luxury of doing so - I never took that for granted)....he applied outland because he was outside of Canada - inland / outland is based on the applicant not the sponsor...

In any situation, if you are not sure, just write an explanation on a piece of paper with the information and refer to the form question number. Be sure to include your full names in case the paper is separated from the application.

C.

tonyk8260411

Dec 21, 2015
Hi all

Just wanted to share this and see what your opinions are.

Spousal sponsorship application (Manila office)

1. Application filed for in March 2016 and medical done up front in January 2016

2. They have asked for so much supplemental information regarding our relationship and then another round of requisition regarding my intention to re-establish myself in Canada as a sponsor. I have submitted two rounds of extra evidence to the best of my ability.

3. Now the immigration officer asks for the second medical exam to be done as the original one is set to expire soon.

Do you guys think I am nearing the end of the application? Do you all think its a positive sign that they are now asking for a second medical exam to be done? Hope I am not overthinking this, but if they were set to refuse the application they might not even ask for a second medical? So to think positively this is actually a good sign that they are asking for a second medical to be done.

Grateful for any opinions, this whole application process has been extremely dreadful to say the least.

Thanks all!