NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2017
AOR Received.
05-04-2017
hi,

Do we need to fill a separate IMM5532 form for Applicant and Spouse as per the new application package? Or just one needs to fill it as it takes signatures of both Applicant and Spouse?

Naina888

Star Member
Dec 19, 2016
Hi,

I am new here and applying for My Spouse Sponsor application hopefully by the end of this month. i am Naturalized Canadian Citizen living in Dubai after getting married from April 2016 with my husband. but we cant provide joint tenancy contract, Utility bill or other things because in UAE no rule for Joint tenancy contract, and from 9 months i am living in UAE as i dont need to obtain visa to stay in UAE for Canadian citizen its not required, i am going ever month Oman by road and come back within 3 hours to get 40 days extension. i am living with my Husband as House wife.

Kindly reply.

wyho007

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
Doc's Request.
08-06-2016
AOR Received.
07-05-2016
File Transfer...
30-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
DM on ECAS: 14-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
COPR rec'd 04-02-2017
Naina888 said:
Hi,

I am new here and applying for My Spouse Sponsor application hopefully by the end of this month. i am Naturalized Canadian Citizen living in Dubai after getting married from April 2016 with my husband. but we cant provide joint tenancy contract, Utility bill or other things because in UAE no rule for Joint tenancy contract, and from 9 months i am living in UAE as i dont need to obtain visa to stay in UAE for Canadian citizen its not required, i am going ever month Oman by road and come back within 3 hours to get 40 days extension. i am living with my Husband as House wife.

Kindly reply.
Other proofs I can think of are joint bank accounts, life insurance listing you as beneficiary, authorized credit card, affidavits from friends/family, photos.

Hope this helps.

Daley

Jan 7, 2017
Hi there ,
I know lots of people have written in this forum and I've received a lot of information through reading people's posts but I had a few questions of my own and with the new Family Sponsorship form introduced last December I was hoping for something more accurate.
My girlfriend is from Cape Town, South Africa and after thinking over where we see ourselves, it's Canada. I'm a Canadian Citizen & have lived here all my life.
She is visiting here in December, applying for a Tourist Visa, and we're getting married here. Planning a destination ceremony in a few years time in her hometown. But while she is here for those 6 months ( I'm assuming a tourist visa isn't incredibly difficult to be approved for ?) We we're going to fill out the Family Spouse Sponsorship form (adding in a years worth of text messages , social media posts, etc). Is this recommended? Best case scenario it'd be great if she could apply to extend her visa or apply for a work visa to stay for the duration of the PR application. Any tips or advice ? Is this recommended? And what's the likelihood that a Family Spouse Sponsorship form is reflected/denied ? I couldn't find any percentages.

I'd love some advice, I'm confident and calm about it, but my fiancé is surely stressed Haha

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Daley said:
Hi there ,
I know lots of people have written in this forum and I've received a lot of information through reading people's posts but I had a few questions of my own and with the new Family Sponsorship form introduced last December I was hoping for something more accurate.
My girlfriend is from Cape Town, South Africa and after thinking over where we see ourselves, it's Canada. I'm a Canadian Citizen & have lived here all my life.
She is visiting here in December, applying for a Tourist Visa, and we're getting married here. Planning a destination ceremony in a few years time in her hometown. But while she is here for those 6 months ( I'm assuming a tourist visa isn't incredibly difficult to be approved for ?) We we're going to fill out the Family Spouse Sponsorship form (adding in a years worth of text messages , social media posts, etc). Is this recommended? Best case scenario it'd be great if she could apply to extend her visa or apply for a work visa to stay for the duration of the PR application. Any tips or advice ? Is this recommended? And what's the likelihood that a Family Spouse Sponsorship form is reflected/denied ? I couldn't find any percentages.

I'd love some advice, I'm confident and calm about it, but my fiancé is surely stressed Haha
Well, for some countries, a visitor visa is difficult to acquire, especially if you say you are travelling to Canada to get married etc. I don't know what the chances are for a South African. I suggest googling about it. As long as she doesn't have any red flags(criminal issues, dependent issues, immigration issues), the process shouldn't be a problem at all. Just follow the instructions carefully.

Naina888

Star Member
Dec 19, 2016
wyho007 said:
Other proofs I can think of are joint bank accounts, life insurance listing you as beneficiary, authorized credit card, affidavits from friends/family, photos.

Hope this helps.
As i dont have residence visa for Dubai, i cannot apply for bank account, Credit card or other stuff, Photos we have and Affidavits from Friend and family is acceptable?? Please explain more about affidavit. Thank you for your reply.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Naina888 said:
As i dont have residence visa for Dubai, i cannot apply for bank account, Credit card or other stuff, Photos we have and Affidavits from Friend and family is acceptable?? Please explain more about affidavit. Thank you for your reply.
Hi Naina,

I was in a similar position as you, visiting with my husband for a year while we applied. We had no joint tenancy, bank account, etc as you have stated as well. We included the following:

-about 50 - 75 photos (wedding photos, screenshots of facebook announcements like the wedding / engagement, doing various trips and activities together)
-communication logs (samples of whatsapp, viber, skype call logs) - I say samples because the total pages was around 800! (don't overwhelm them - say you can provide additional upon request)
-facebook screenshots of chats, posts of us being together or doing things together (they are interested if you relationship was known to others)
-letters written from family and friends about how they came to know about our relationship, how long they have known us, how long they have known us being together, their opinion on whether our relationship is genuine. We did not have these notarized but they were signed and each letter had an address. it's good to include family / friends / employers / colleagues (if applicable) or other professionals that you have dealt with
-wedding ring receipt, catering receipts, etc.
-wedding greeting cards and a scan of our wedding guest book where people had written well wishes...

Hope this helps.

C.

Naina888

Star Member
Dec 19, 2016
chilkootcee said:
Hi Naina,

I was in a similar position as you, visiting with my husband for a year while we applied. We had no joint tenancy, bank account, etc as you have stated as well. We included the following:

-about 50 - 75 photos (wedding photos, screenshots of facebook announcements like the wedding / engagement, doing various trips and activities together)
-communication logs (samples of whatsapp, viber, skype call logs) - I say samples because the total pages was around 800! (don't overwhelm them - say you can provide additional upon request)
-facebook screenshots of chats, posts of us being together or doing things together (they are interested if you relationship was known to others)
-letters written from family and friends about how they came to know about our relationship, how long they have known us, how long they have known us being together, their opinion on whether our relationship is genuine. We did not have these notarized but they were signed and each letter had an address. it's good to include family / friends / employers / colleagues (if applicable) or other professionals that you have dealt with
-wedding ring receipt, catering receipts, etc.
-wedding greeting cards and a scan of our wedding guest book where people had written well wishes...

Hope this helps.

C.
Thanks a lot.

wyho007

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
Doc's Request.
08-06-2016
AOR Received.
07-05-2016
File Transfer...
30-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
DM on ECAS: 14-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
COPR rec'd 04-02-2017
Naina888 said:
Since your other proofs may be on the weaker side, I would suggest you have the affidavits notarized to increase the credibility. You can go online to search for some affidavit samples, basically to explain how they see you two as a couple, visited your home (if), etc.

Have at least two affidavits, more the better. Best if you can get from neighbors, landlord, parents & best friends.

Naina888

Star Member
Dec 19, 2016
wyho007 said:
Since your other proofs may be on the weaker side, I would suggest you have the affidavits notarized to increase the credibility. You can go online to search for some affidavit samples, basically to explain how they see you two as a couple, visited your home (if), etc.

Have at least two affidavits, more the better. Best if you can get from neighbors, landlord, parents & best friends.
Thank you so much for this useful info,

Please can someone share affidavit sample with me as i am searching online but confused :( :l

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
Naina888 said:
Thank you so much for this useful info,

Please can someone share affidavit sample with me as i am searching online but confused :( :l
Affidavit is a sworn statement. You can just get them to write in form of a letter address to CIC "to whom this may concern"

fastl

Dec 8, 2016
Hello everyone.

I have another question. I am using the new application package in sponsoring my husband. For the Proof of Relationship to Sponsor, they want us to provide a maximum 10 pages of letters, printed text messages, social media conversations, etc. I was planning to include about one or two pages of our skype calls showing how many hours we talked. Will this be ok?

Thank you very much.

gatwiser

Jan 8, 2017
Re: Spousal sponsorship -- Original Documents vs. Notarized

Hello:

I am new to this forum. I am applying for my spouse who is in India. I am Canadian and I have children ( also Canadian) with my spouse.

As I collect documents for her, the document checklist is suggesting photocopies while the India specific documents (Birth Certificates or Matriculation Certificatesl) as originals to be supplied. India only provides 1 original. These are the only ones that my wife has. Would a notarized copy of the original be acceptable. Does anyone have experience sending originals and getting the originals back from CIC? I am in the final stages of sending the application, but this is holding me back. I would be thankful if someone can please respond to this. I am confused as to the document checklist requesting photocopies only while India specific is saying send originals.

gatwiser

Jan 8, 2017
Hi fastl:

This is also my question. I have included bunch of transcript from conversations online but how can skype calls and hangout calls (voice calls). Keeping fingers crossed.

fastl said:
Hello everyone.

I have another question. I am using the new application package in sponsoring my husband. For the Proof of Relationship to Sponsor, they want us to provide a maximum 10 pages of letters, printed text messages, social media conversations, etc. I was planning to include about one or two pages of our skype calls showing how many hours we talked. Will this be ok?

Thank you very much.

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
gatwiser said:
Hi fastl:

This is also my question. I have included bunch of transcript from conversations online but how can skype calls and hangout calls (voice calls). Keeping fingers crossed.
Screenshot your call history