+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Avicon2016

Star Member
May 9, 2016
In IMM5532, Part A, Question #3 'Other financially dependent people' Give detail of any other person who is financially dependent on you(sponsor) include previous spouse/partner/children.

I understand that the child with the ex common law partner must be financially dependent on the sponsor(my husband) because he is the father. How about the common law?

Does this also mean write down the ex-common law partner, even if she is not financially dependent on the sponsor?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Avicon2016 said:
In IMM5532, Part A, Question #3 'Other financially dependent people' Give detail of any other person who is financially dependent on you(sponsor) include previous spouse/partner/children.

I understand that the child with the ex common law partner must be financially dependent on the sponsor(my husband) because he is the father. How about the common law?

Does this also mean write down the ex-common law partner, even if she is not financially dependent on the sponsor?
As he is not financially supporting the ex, no, she is not included.

diding

Oct 14, 2016
Hello everyone! Today, we just checked our application online and heres what it shows:

SPONSOR APPLICATION
1. We received your application to sponsor on dec. 13, 2016
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt if your application on Dec 22, 2016

PERMANENT RESIDENCE
1. we received your PR application on Dec. 13, 2016.
2. We started processiong PR application on Dec. 21, 2016

Does anybody know what stage of the process are we now? Does this nean sponsor has been approved? And I want to know how and where do i send my FBI clearance to the cic office? Thank you!

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
diding said:
Hello everyone! Today, we just checked our application online and heres what it shows:

SPONSOR APPLICATION
1. We received your application to sponsor on dec. 13, 2016
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt if your application on Dec 22, 2016

PERMANENT RESIDENCE
1. we received your PR application on Dec. 13, 2016.
2. We started processiong PR application on Dec. 21, 2016

Does anybody know what stage of the process are we now? Does this nean sponsor has been approved? And I want to know how and where do i send my FBI clearance to the cic office? Thank you!
Did you apply inland or outland? I assume you applied using the old forms given the dates.

You received "AOR" (acknowledgement of receipt). You should have actually sent the police check with your application. However, you can send it now using the application number that should be on your AOR email.

If you applied outland, next will be "SA" (sponsor approval). If you applied inland, it will be a while for Approval in Principle.

diding

Oct 14, 2016
Aquakitty said:
Did you apply inland or outland? I assume you applied using the old forms given the dates.

You received "AOR" (acknowledgement of receipt). You should have actually sent the police check with your application. However, you can send it now using the application number that should be on your AOR email.

If you applied outland, next will be "SA" (sponsor approval). If you applied inland, it will be a while for Approval in Principle.
We applied for outland sponsorship. Should that also mean that sponsor has been approved since PR application has been started processing? And also, should i just send my PCC to missasauga as well?

Avicon2016

Star Member
May 9, 2016
Hello! Are the new forms (new application package) being accepted now or we should wait until January 31st before submitting the new forms? thanks

skyzee

Star Member
Dec 19, 2016
Vancouver, B.C.
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
05-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-01-2017
Med's Done....
11-10-2016
Interview........
BGC-In Progress: 22-02-2017, DM: 06-04-2017
Passport Req..
11-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-24-2017
Avicon2016 said:
Hello! Are the new forms (new application package) being accepted now or we should wait until January 31st before submitting the new forms? thanks
New and old forms are being accepted now until January 31, 2017. After that, only new forms will be accepted.

Avicon2016

Star Member
May 9, 2016
Is there any document CIC/IRCC needs in relation to the sponsor's kid from previous common-law partner? Birth certificate, proof of financial support, etc? He doesn't have court ordered child support default.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Avicon2016 said:
Is there any document CIC/IRCC needs in relation to the sponsor's kid from previous common-law partner? Birth certificate, proof of financial support, etc? He doesn't have court ordered child support default.
Nothing needs to be provided for the sponsor's child.

unni@2016

Apr 9, 2016
Hi
This is regarding the visitor visa for the spouse.

Back ground: I have received my PR Visa and will be landing in Canada in a months’ time and have made all the arrangements for a full time job there.
My marriage date is fixed to be on May 26th 2017 and my fiance is doing her Masters in a government college in India.

My question here is, Can she apply for a visitor visa to be with me for 30-45 days in Canada post to the wedding.
She will be able to provide the monetary requirements to meet the eligibility criteria and proofs that she has to be back in college for one more year after her vacation to continue the studies.

How do we arrange this, does it cause any problem when we try for her PR at later stages. As we prefer to fly in a weeks’ time from the wedding date the application for her will be submitted when she is in single status, can it be a problem with the CIC officers at the airport entry?

How can I provide a letter of invitation her, can a personnel request to the agency suffice the requirement.

Please do reply,

Thanks in advance

Regards

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
unni@2016 said:
Hi
This is regarding the visitor visa for the spouse.

Back ground: I have received my PR Visa and will be landing in Canada in a months’ time and have made all the arrangements for a full time job there.
My marriage date is fixed to be on May 26th 2017 and my fiance is doing her Masters in a government college in India.

My question here is, Can she apply for a visitor visa to be with me for 30-45 days in Canada post to the wedding.
She will be able to provide the monetary requirements to meet the eligibility criteria and proofs that she has to be back in college for one more year after her vacation to continue the studies.

How do we arrange this, does it cause any problem when we try for her PR at later stages. As we prefer to fly in a weeks’ time from the wedding date the application for her will be submitted when she is in single status, can it be a problem with the CIC officers at the airport entry?

How can I provide a letter of invitation her, can a personnel request to the agency suffice the requirement.

Please do reply,

Thanks in advance

Regards
She can certainly try applying for a TRV. Unfortunately chances are quite high it will be refused since CIC will know she ultimately has plans to remain in Canada long term. However you can certainly try. Some people are successful. Keep her trip short (2-3 weeks - not 30 to 45 days) and provide as much evidence as you can of ties to her home country.

mvm

Dec 26, 2016
Hi There

I am currently inland with a Temporary work permit as a caregiver, I received my positive LMIA and started the role in November 2016.

I got married to my Canadian boyfriend in December and now completing the spousal application form for PR and we are also submitting an application for an open work permit

I am currently completing form IMM5710 change to conditions but am a little confused with a section of the form.
the details of intended work section I have selected an Open work permit but then it asked for intended employer, field of work duration of work etc

How do I complete this when I don't yet have a new employer. My plan is to leave the nanny position once I get my open work permit in order to get back into my field of work which is accountancy.

any help is greatly appreciated

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Avicon2016

Star Member
May 9, 2016
Hello, I still have questions about the Sponsor's kid. The sponsor's previous common law partner refused to communicate with him about their child. The child is in custody of the mother and refuse to accept child support.

In 'other financially dependent people' (on sponsor) Do I have to write her name? Can we write a seperate letter explaining why she's not on the list? Or it wouldn't matter if we write an explanation.

If we don't put the sponsors child's name on 'other financially dependent people' the child's name will only reflect on (1) Additional Family Member form,as my step-child and (2) IMM5532 question Part C #9 - Did the Sponsor's child attended the event? (Our wedding) ? Please correct me if im wrong. Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Avicon2016 said:
In 'other financially dependent people' (on sponsor) Do I have to write her name? Can we write a seperate letter explaining why she's not on the list? Or it wouldn't matter if we write an explanation.

If we don't put the sponsors child's name on 'other financially dependent people' the child's name will only reflect on (1) Additional Family Member form,as my step-child and (2) IMM5532 question Part C #9 - Did the Sponsor's child attended the event? (Our wedding) ? Please correct me if im wrong. Thanks
As I already stated, the ex is not included and you don't need to explain that. However, the child MUST BE INCLUDED as an additional financial dependent. It doesn't matter if the father isn't paying support or doesn't have contact with the child; he still has a legal obligation.

Avicon2016

Star Member
May 9, 2016
canuck_in_uk said:
As I already stated, the ex is not included and you don't need to explain that. However, the child MUST BE INCLUDED as an additional financial dependent. It doesn't matter if the father isn't paying support or doesn't have contact with the child; he still has a legal obligation.
Thanks. I was referring to the kid. You made everything clear about the ex and I appreciate that.