VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Re: Forms/Courier for 2017 application

sali1979 said:
Hi guys. Just planning to apply for my mother (already in Canada on super-visa). I had a question about forms available on CIC website. It looks like the Financial Evaluation form (IMM5768E) was last updated in 2015 and only asks for financial info from 2014/2013/2012. Is that the right form to be used for applying in Jan 2017 or is there a different form yet to be released by CIC. I tried to find a way to contact them regarding this but website doesn't have any useful contact info for this :(

Secondly, I hear that to ensure successful submission within quota limitations you have no choice but to hire a specialized courier in the GTA who will physically ensure your application is submitted as soon as possible after CPC office opens very first day of the year! Any idea which one(s) would be the best option for submitting application successfully in time without breaking the bank?
This thread is for spousal sponsorship. Post your query in a parent sponsorship thread.

Wattala said:
Thank you very much TANMEX. That means,at least 3 years will be taking for get PR is it? whether i get marry a citizen of Canada also,is it?
No, it doesn't take at least 3 years. Processing times depend on many factors. I suggest you go do some research on the IRCC website about different immigration streams. Note that marrying a Canadian so you can get PR is immigration fraud.

JamtoCanlove

Oct 19, 2016
Hi,

You can also have the local MP called in Canada and tell that that you have been waiting and that the process is long and you need an update. This often speeds things up because the MP can put pressure into your application(I learned this from a friend who works for an MP). Once they make a request to CIC about, they have to reply quickly.

Marulara said:
I haven't received any update on my application submiited on April, last email I received was aor2 in June.
Applicants from my visa office with the same timeline as mine are either approved or they are receiving pre arrival emails. Should i worry now or no news means good news?

Ste_Vege

Star Member
Nov 26, 2016
Guys,

I will apply soon for the spousal sponsorship from outside Canada. My wife lives in Montreal, I live in UK and I am Italian.

I understand that the CIC will choose to process my application either to via Italy or UK and I have no say in the matter.

If the go via UK, what happens if I change address within the UK during the application period or if I move back to Italy?

Once the sponsorship is granted, do CIC need to send me some documents?

TeamCMOR

Star Member
Nov 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2016
Doc's Request.
Waived
AOR Received.
05-07-2016
File Transfer...
SA August 11,2016
Med's Request
Passed
Med's Done....
03-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 16, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2017
LANDED..........
April 25 2017
ste you simply notify CIC that your areas or contact information has changed.once you recieve you application number you can do the updates all online.

Once CIC approves your wife as a sponsor they will send you correspondence . It comes by email. I wish you all the best in your application.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Ste_Vege said:
Guys,

I will apply soon for the spousal sponsorship from outside Canada. My wife lives in Montreal, I live in UK and I am Italian.

I understand that the CIC will choose to process my application either to via Italy or UK and I have no say in the matter.

If the go via UK, what happens if I change address within the UK during the application period or if I move back to Italy?

Once the sponsorship is granted, do CIC need to send me some documents?
Although they decide, you can still submit a letter with your application package requesting that the application be sent to a specific visa office. We wrote a letter and attached supporting docs (residency visas for past number of years) and made three copies. One copy went into each section of our application - 1) sponsor section 2) application section 3) relationship info section (the number of sections is your choice)

Do you mean residence (where you live) or mailing address? I suggest you pick a mailing address that will not change. Indicate wherever possible that you wish to have correspondence in email. If you change your residence, then you must inform CIC when that happens through a case specific enquiry (you cannot change your address directly online if you are living outside Canada).

Finally, ensure you send the sponsor and applicant (spouse) package at the same time to CIC Missisauga. If they approve sponsorship, they will send the application package to the VO overseas. There are varying ways one finds out if sponsorship is approved:

1) You receive a email with attached letter (or letter by mail) stating that the sponsorship is approved and the file / applicant application has been sent to XX visa office.
2) Your ECAS / myCIC is updated
3) You call CIC help center and they are in a very good mood and tell you.

You will only receive documents or requests for documents from them if required. If they don't ask (other than things they won't know about like address change), don't provide it as this can slow things down.

Hope this helps!

C.

missbenteuno

Feb 18, 2016
App. Filed.......
11-30-16
Doc's Request.
02-24-17
AOR Received.
12-08-16
File Transfer...
12-12-16
Med's Done....
09-18-16
our application received last nov21 then they returned our applications due to incomplete signature :( then we send again and received CIC last Nov30. so are application is going to back to zero of waiting for the first email?

Marulara

Star Member
Mar 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2016
AOR Received.
03-05-2016
File Transfer...
30-05-2016
Med's Done....
02-03-2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
IP - March 3, DM - March 11, PPR - March 14
VISA ISSUED...
March 17,2017
LANDED..........
In God's perfect time - April 9,2017
JamtoCanlove said:
Hi,

You can also have the local MP called in Canada and tell that that you have been waiting and that the process is long and you need an update. This often speeds things up because the MP can put pressure into your application(I learned this from a friend who works for an MP). Once they make a request to CIC about, they have to reply quickly.
d

Thanks for the advice.. We have already done that. The office of the MP's reply was that they only intervene when there is problem along the way and that if there are too many people checking on the application it slows down the process. And that the government is already working on speeding up the process.

Bluesky2016

Jul 4, 2016
Hi everyone,

I have a question about Work permit with inland sponsorship application. I wonder how long takes to get work permit after submitting the application.
Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Bluesky2016 said:
Hi everyone,

I have a question about Work permit with inland sponsorship application. I wonder how long takes to get work permit after submitting the application.
Thanks
Approximately four months.

Bluesky2016

Jul 4, 2016
scylla said:
Approximately four months.
oh it's nuts ! My husband applied sp for me in August while I am studying as a graduate international student at Canada. I will graduate in Feb. however I got a job offer to start in Jan. To have post graduate work permit, I have to have graduation letter that I do not have ! I know that we made a mistake to apply outland. Now I wonder what I should do. If I apply inland asap, I will not get work permit till 4 months later. I am very frustrated. Not sure what I can do :(

sumu28

Star Member
Apr 15, 2016
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may 2014
File Transfer...
29th august 2014
Interview........
14th march 2016 ..refused on 2th may 2016
Passport Req..
very soon InshaAllah
VISA ISSUED...
very soon InshaAllah
LANDED..........
very soon InshaAllah
in ADR i withdraw my appeal i decide to i will resumit my APPLICATION to singapure if anybody know about any link related sponsurship application resubmit anything please let me know
thank you

KaZRa

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
My husband got his work permit. How does he use this for employment? Like is a SIN coming or is there a number that is used for deductions included on the permit? No letter came with, just the permit.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
KaZRa said:
My husband got his work permit. How does he use this for employment? Like is a SIN coming or is there a number that is used for deductions included on the permit? No letter came with, just the permit.
your husband needs to go to a service canada location and obtain his SIN # himself. CIC does not issue SIN#'s, this is the responsibility of the permit holder. when he starts working, he needs to give a copy of his work permit and his sin# to the employer for their records.

KaZRa

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
CDNPR2014 said:
your husband needs to go to a service canada location and obtain his SIN # himself. CIC does not issue SIN#'s, this is the responsibility of the permit holder. when he starts working, he needs to give a copy of his work permit and his sin# to the employer for their records.
Thanks so much for responding! :)

amit_27

Feb 20, 2016
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
11-05-2016
AOR Received.
01-06-2016
File Transfer...
18-07-2016
Passport Req..
12-12-2016
Hello guys..I have got decision made today..should I book my flight or wait till ppr???