Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
jaivikpatel said:
Hey,

I am stucked in an unexpectedly horrible situation. i applied to sponsor my spouse. They refused my sponsorship stating i didnot declare my marriage during processing of my permanent residence application. However i did notify both offices twice regarding my marriage. Also since i selected to continue processing of my application even if i cannot sponsor thereby they are continuing the Spouse evaluation (Part II).

I have email communication as evidence that i notified them of my marriage. But i dont know how to resolve this. I send a case specific enquiry with attached evidences. Please advice if anyone faced this situation and how can i handle it. :mad: :mad: :mad: :'( :'( :'( :'(
After you got married, you needed to submit the additional paperwork (including new application forms) to formally add your spouse to your application - including having your spouse complete a medical and provide PCCs. If you received your COPR and it was for a single person, you should have returned it and not used it because it didn't include your spouse. By using a COPR that was issued to a single person when you landed, you effectively stated that you weren't married and this is why you have the problem you have now.

At this point I would hire a very good immigration lawyer. This isn't a do-it-yourself case. Even with a lawyer, there's absolutely no guarantee of a successful outcome. The odds are against you unfortunately.

Good luck.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
scylla said:
After you got married, you needed to submit the additional paperwork (including new application forms) to formally add your spouse to your application - including having your spouse complete a medical and provide PCCs. If you received your COPR and it was for a single person, you should have returned it and not used it because it didn't include your spouse. By using a COPR that was issued to a single person when you landed, you effectively stated that you weren't married and this is why you have the problem you have now.

At this point I would hire a very good immigration lawyer. This isn't a do-it-yourself case. Even with a lawyer, there's absolutely no guarantee of a successful outcome. The odds are against you unfortunately.

Good luck.
Right, I read a case like this, and they eventually won the case by proving that they told the officer about the spouse at the border when they landed. If this is not the case, then you have little chance.

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:

Good luck.
PO at risk of losing his own PR status due to misrepresentation .

Bluemoon0606

Oct 15, 2016
Good evening guyss

I need some help please, so my husband is sponsoring me, his sponsorship was aproved like a week ago but we didnt pay the $490 of resident fee yet, I'm wondering when should I pay, shoul I wait for a notification to do it or just do it now?

Thank you for your help!

hopefull_lady

Star Member
Jun 14, 2016
calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
Doc's Request.
05-08-2016
File Transfer...
18-07-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 08 2016
VISA ISSUED...
12/12/2016
LANDED..........
16/12/2016
Bluemoon0606 said:
Good evening guyss

I need some help please, so my husband is sponsoring me, his sponsorship was aproved like a week ago but we didnt pay the $490 of resident fee yet, I'm wondering when should I pay, shoul I wait for a notification to do it or just do it now?

Thank you for your help!

You can pay it anytime you want or you can wait until they request it. Either way is fine :). I am doing my husband's and that's what the lawyer told me. I paid mine when they requested it :) Hopefully this will help

Stantheman

Jun 21, 2016
meaning of Special Program code

I sponsored my wife, and she just got her CoPR, we noticed that on her CoPR, under the APPLICATION DETAILS section, below the "Category: FC1" , there is "Special program: OSI". Does anyone know what OSI means ? I don't recall we are in any Special program. Thanks in advance.

RobertGP

Dec 28, 2015
Good Day

I am the sponsor , I am sponsoring my wife and her child from the Philippines. We have paid both fees, the 490 and the 50 or so in Manila. The child is still in the Philippines and my wife is here in Canada. These fees have been paid over 3 months now. We call immigration and they indicate that all is ok with the application, its just a matter of time. Its is now heading to 30 months. Has anyone been dealing with this and can offer any insight as to way it is taking so long to get PR

Thank you
My email is rpurcell@shaw.ca

TeamCMOR

Star Member
Nov 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2016
Doc's Request.
Waived
AOR Received.
05-07-2016
File Transfer...
SA August 11,2016
Med's Request
Passed
Med's Done....
03-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 16, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2017
LANDED..........
April 25 2017
Good luck to everyone. Being away from our spouses is hard enough. I hope everything works out.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
RobertGP said:
Good Day

I am the sponsor , I am sponsoring my wife and her child from the Philippines. We have paid both fees, the 490 and the 50 or so in Manila. The child is still in the Philippines and my wife is here in Canada. These fees have been paid over 3 months now. We call immigration and they indicate that all is ok with the application, its just a matter of time. Its is now heading to 30 months. Has anyone been dealing with this and can offer any insight as to way it is taking so long to get PR

Thank you
My email is rpurcell@shaw.ca

Has she been scheduled for an interview? Have you ordered notes? Contact your MP.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Re: meaning of Special Program code

Stantheman said:
I sponsored my wife, and she just got her CoPR, we noticed that on her CoPR, under the APPLICATION DETAILS section, below the "Category: FC1" , there is "Special program: OSI". Does anyone know what OSI means ? I don't recall we are in any Special program. Thanks in advance.
Only time I've heard of "special program" is in regards to refugees. The only OS code I know of is OSLT (language training). Did she have a refugee claim? What country?

Stantheman

Jun 21, 2016

Aquakitty said:
Only time I've heard of "special program" is in regards to refugees. The only OS code I know of is OSLT (language training). Did she have a refugee claim? What country?
Definitely not refugee claim. Is it true that most people CoPR has the Special Program field left BLANK ? If no one knows what is OSI, then what may OS mean ? The country is China. FC outside Canada class. With Sponsor residing outside Canada. Thanks for all inputs in advance.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015

Stantheman said:
Definitely not refugee claim. Is it true that most people CoPR has the Special Program field left BLANK ? If no one knows what is OSI, then what may OS mean ? The country is China. FC outside Canada class. With Sponsor residing outside Canada. Thanks for all inputs in advance.
What I think it means after a bit of research is the batches the apps are put in. Many inland people have "SPI" which I think means spouse in Canada, so OSI would be something like Outside spouse. "SPI" was listed in an operational bulletin in July, something to do with speeding up processing. Nothing to worry about!

rlcdeleña

Nov 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC MISSISSAUGA--MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
0CT. 05 SENT-0CT. 11 RECEIVED.
Doc's Request.
FEBRUARY 02 2017 Sent. Feb. 05 2017
AOR Received.
Nov. 02 2016 Processed Nov. 1
File Transfer...
AOR2 -Nov.13 .. Nov. 14-STARTED PROCESSING-Manila
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
I hope none
Passport Req..
HOPING SOON
VISA ISSUED...
Gods will
LANDED..........
Gods will
guys, did you guys experience on ECAS i have only 1 of 4 lines in SA side. what does it mean...