+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

luissuarez

Star Member
Jun 25, 2016
Ponga said:
Correct.

You'll find everything you need on the FBI website.

It's not a bad idea to have two complete sets of prints taken, since it's probably only ~$10 more (if you find a credible fingerprinting company). This way, if one (or more) of the prints on the first FD-258 card are `bad' the FBI technician will have a backup to try. Since charging your credit card is the first step when they start to process your prints, you won't know if the prints are legible or not until you either receive your IHSR letter in the mail, or you are notified that your prints could not be used.

IMHO, it's a nominal added expense that's well worth it.
Very helpful. I want to use my credit card so I don't pay extra money for a money order or a check. Do you know where I can find the credit card form?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
luissuarez said:
Very helpful. I want to use my credit card so I don't pay extra money for a money order or a check. Do you know where I can find the credit card form?
*sigh*

https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks

See Step 3, Option 1

m11nk

Aug 14, 2014
Re: Spousal sponsorship. HELP NEEDED

Hey..please help me regarding border crossing and re entry in canada..i got my COPR and passport yesterday..im in edmonton and nearest border is caraway or coutts..please tell me what documents should i take along and do i need US visa?what will happen at the border??i tried to find phone number of both borders but couldnt get any.if anyone has it please tell..

matias-ramel

Sep 13, 2016
Hello everyone!

I am glad that I found this forum! It is such a relief to have people who understand what exactly you are going through.
My Application status are as follows:

Sponsorship
1.We received your application to sponsor on July 21, 2016.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 12, 2016.
3.We started processing your application on August 11, 2016.

Permanent Residence
1.We received your application for permanent residence on July 21, 2016.
2.We started processing your application on September 7, 2016.

I am just confused because it says that Decision has been made for me as sponsor but I didn't received any email stating if I was approved as a sponsor or not.
But my husbands application was already sent to the visa officer in the Philippines and say in process as of September 7.

Does this mean that I am already approved to sponsor?
Kindly give me some insights in regards to this..

All opinion will be appreciated. Smiley Cheesy

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

m11nk said:
Hey..please help me regarding border crossing and re entry in canada..i got my COPR and passport yesterday..im in edmonton and nearest border is caraway or coutts..please tell me what documents should i take along and do i need US visa?what will happen at the border??i tried to find phone number of both borders but couldnt get any.if anyone has it please tell..
Congratulations!

You can do what is referred to as `Flag Polling' to active your COPR. You do not need to actually enter The U.S. at all.

When you arrive at the U.S. border guard (CBP officer), simply inform him/her that you are flag polling to become a PR of Canada. They will give you a document and tell you to return to Canada. You then give this paper, along with your COPR to the CBSA officer and state that you are landing as a PR. You will be sent to Secondary Inspection (inside), where you will become a PR.

m11nk

Aug 14, 2014

Ponga said:
Congratulations!

You can do what is referred to as `Flag Polling' to active your COPR. You do not need to actually enter The U.S. at all.

When you arrive at the U.S. border guard (CBP officer), simply inform him/her that you are flag polling to become a PR of Canada. They will give you a document and tell you to return to Canada. You then give this paper, along with your COPR to the CBSA officer and state that you are landing as a PR. You will be sent to Secondary Inspection (inside), where you will become a PR.

Thank u so much..yeah i finally got it after waiting for 2years but in between i got visit visa and im in canada fortunately..do u knw that carway and coutts border both have this flagpolling service?

Zole

Sep 1, 2016
Congrats matias. Same situation with me and my husband. He's been approved for sponsor, and now we need to continue for PR. He got email, notice that he has met requirements. When we applied for all this, I sent papers for work permit but with some errors we were late so they told us I should wait for him to be approved, then I'll get permit. So I hope it's time now. It says on cic website that processing time is 16 months, and they finished 1st stage after 15 months. It's nice to see "decision made" on our status :) . Just to get work permit and everything will be just perfect.

Lekki

Sep 13, 2016
Lekki
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 Feb 2016
AOR Received.
11 Mar 2016
Hello, Just a newbie February applicant saying hello

SUN LEMON

Sep 9, 2016
hi all,

New here.

July 2016 Applicant.

Any body know how representative can link our account to MyCIC??

It would be great help to me.

Thank You.

itsasyn17

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2016
AOR Received.
07-07-2016
IELTS Request
Background check started 29-08-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016 In Process 25-08-2016
Med's Done....
18-04-2016 Passed
Passport Req..
ECAS Decision Made: 15-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2016, returned to Ottawa, waiting for new COPRs

m11nk said:
Ponga said:
Congratulations!

Thank u so much..yeah i finally got it after waiting for 2years but in between i got visit visa and im in canada fortunately..do u knw that carway and coutts border both have this flagpolling service?
You can find some information here...

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/do-rb/menu-eng.html

subtain

Aug 12, 2013
Montreal, Canada
Hello everyone !

I am going to apply for Spousal Sponsorship for my wife (living in Canada) through Out-Land sponsorship program (Family sponsorship plan).

I have a question concerning police certificate required from Pakistan.

During my Permanent Residence process in which my wife was added as a "non-accompanying dependent", my wife got her Open Work Permit approved and came to Canada. During the end of my PR process, 4 months ago CIC requested for my wife's recent Police Certificate from Pakistan, which we applied and provided. My wife has not left Canada since then.

Now the question is while Sponsoring my spouse now, do I have to get a new Police Certificate for her ? (Even though we had it issued 4 months ago and my wife has not left Canada).

My PR application took 17 months and CIC only asked for my police certificate 1 time in the beginning of my application. This would seem that if you remain in Canada, then you don't need to get a new Police Certificate every 11-12 months.

Any thoughts on this mater, your guidance will be very helpful.

Kind regards,

- Subtain

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
subtain said:
Now the question is while Sponsoring my spouse now, do I have to get a new Police Certificate for her ? (Even though we had it issued 4 months ago and my wife has not left Canada).
Do you actually still have the original PCC? If you do, she doesn't need a new PCC.

subtain

Aug 12, 2013
Montreal, Canada
canuck_in_uk said:
Do you actually still have the original PCC? If you do, she doesn't need a new PCC.
No, the original is with cic, so I was hoping to give a colour scan and an attached letter to cic to pull her police certificate from my PR file. Do i think it can work?

DeHdez15

Mar 10, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2016
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
File Transfer...
13-05-2016
Med's Request
Requested again Oct 20/16
Med's Done....
Oct 28/16 (2nd time)
Passport Req..
November 8/2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 21/2016
LANDED..........
December 10/2016
matias-ramel said:
Hello everyone!

I am glad that I found this forum! It is such a relief to have people who understand what exactly you are going through.
My Application status are as follows:

Sponsorship
1.We received your application to sponsor on July 21, 2016.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 12, 2016.
3.We started processing your application on August 11, 2016.

Permanent Residence
1.We received your application for permanent residence on July 21, 2016.
2.We started processing your application on September 7, 2016.

I am just confused because it says that Decision has been made for me as sponsor but I didn't received any email stating if I was approved as a sponsor or not.
But my husbands application was already sent to the visa officer in the Philippines and say in process as of September 7.

Does this mean that I am already approved to sponsor?
Kindly give me some insights in regards to this..

All opinion will be appreciated. Smiley Cheesy

Yes, it means that you were approved for Sponsor, that is why the have sent his application to the visa office and started to process.
Call them to get the letter of Sponsorship approval, for your records, but they kept going with he process.

Muchkin

Sep 13, 2016
SUN LEMON said:
hi all,

New here.

July 2016 Applicant.

Any body know how representative can link our account to MyCIC??

It would be great help to me.

Thank You.
I have a similar thread open. If anyone has insight to this ut would. E helpful.