+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Djl

Star Member
May 6, 2015
Re: IMM5540

CDNPR2014 said:
this is really not necessary. there are multiple reasons people don't have this information or perhaps they don't understand the question. one possible reason is the person was a minor when they landed and are not sure of the answer. also, if you haven't noticed in your own process, IQ tends to drop multiple points when filling out the forms due to stress, anxiety and the sheer confusion that is CIC.
how about providing a response that is useful instead of judgemental?
+1 CDNPR2014

just a square

Mar 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2016
AOR Received.
08-07-2016
File Transfer...
SA 08-08-2016, AOR2 16-08-2016
Med's Done....
06-05-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
14-03-2017
Cheshire said:
Hi all! Thanks again, for amazing work you all doing here. I have quick question.
Seems like forgot to fill one form, IMM5540E. Stuck on a question 9
"Which Canadian visa office issued your immigrant visa or confirmation of permanent residence?"
In my confirmation of PR I have only number - 3712 and can't find anywhere online info about offices.
I landed in Toronto Pearson. Should i just write Toronto pearson? Thanks in advance!
If you still have your SA email, it should be written which VO your file was transferred to.

Zole

Sep 1, 2016
Hello guys.
I'm in process for Permanent Residence, under Sponsorship class. It's been 15 months since we started everything. My husband is Canadian citizen, and I live here for 2 years. I did medical few months ago, and I thought everything is going to be ok. But... First they asked me to provide Schedule A (again, since I've already sent it before) and proof of common life. I sent everything on time, and now I have problem. They are asking me now to provide police certificate from every state where I lived since 18 years old. Why I have problem - well, I'm from Serbia, and that police certificate I sent when we applied for this. They are asking me to send it again, plus, since I mentioned that I worked 2 times in Germany, they want p.c. from there too. But, first time I stayed 2 months, second time I stayed 3 months. And I never checked on any address since I worked unofficially and I lived at place that my boss provided. So, German police doesn't even have record that I was there ever. Maybe I made mistake by telling them that I worked there, but I have stamps in my passports, they could see how long I was out from Serbia. I don't speak German, I don't have anyone to help me with that, and I have only 30 days to provide those certificates. From Serbia I can get, but from Germany I'm afraid no. So, my question is: can I reply saying that I couldn't get German p.c. and will that be big problem for my application? Everything else is just fine. As you know, they have that note if we don't provide something they may refuse our application and now I'm scared what will happen.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Zole said:
Hello guys.
I'm in process for Permanent Residence, under Sponsorship class. It's been 15 months since we started everything. My husband is Canadian citizen, and I live here for 2 years. I did medical few months ago, and I thought everything is going to be ok. But... First they asked me to provide Schedule A (again, since I've already sent it before) and proof of common life. I sent everything on time, and now I have problem. They are asking me now to provide police certificate from every state where I lived since 18 years old. Why I have problem - well, I'm from Serbia, and that police certificate I sent when we applied for this. They are asking me to send it again, plus, since I mentioned that I worked 2 times in Germany, they want p.c. from there too. But, first time I stayed 2 months, second time I stayed 3 months. And I never checked on any address since I worked unofficially and I lived at place that my boss provided. So, German police doesn't even have record that I was there ever. Maybe I made mistake by telling them that I worked there, but I have stamps in my passports, they could see how long I was out from Serbia. I don't speak German, I don't have anyone to help me with that, and I have only 30 days to provide those certificates. From Serbia I can get, but from Germany I'm afraid no. So, my question is: can I reply saying that I couldn't get German p.c. and will that be big problem for my application? Everything else is just fine. As you know, they have that note if we don't provide something they may refuse our application and now I'm scared what will happen.
Have you tried getting a German PCC? Do you have proof that you attempted to get a German PCC and were refused?

Zole

Sep 1, 2016
scylla said:
Have you tried getting a German PCC? Do you have proof that you attempted to get a German PCC and were refused?
No, I haven't. I don't even know where to try. I sent message to German embassy in Ottawa to ask if I can contact some office in Germany because I didn't live longer than 6 months and I have no proof that I worked there. Still no reply from them.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Zole said:
No, I haven't. I don't even know where to try. I sent message to German embassy in Ottawa to ask if I can contact some office in Germany because I didn't live longer than 6 months and I have no proof that I worked there. Still no reply from them.
Did you follow the instructions on the CIC site for non-citizens living outside of Germany?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/europe/germany.asp

Zole

Sep 1, 2016
Yes I did, I just saw that instructions. And I found what form to fill and send. Still, my question is if I don't provide that from Germany, can that affect on my application? I just figured out that I will need from here too, Canadian PCC, since I've been here for almost 2 years. Thank you for your replies scylla.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes - it can certainly affect your application. You should do everything you can to try to obtain the PCC and keep records of your attempts to obtain it. If you are really unable to obtain it, then you can try writing a letter to explain the situation. It is up to CIC if they accept your explanation or demand the PCC. So you should do everything you can to obtain the PCC.

Note that it's very common for CIC to request a PCC for a country where someone has stayed for close to six months (but not a full six months).

the mrs campbell

Star Member
Feb 27, 2014
nations capital
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
new applicants! I have a question.
is it 2 passport photos the applicant needs to submit. clarification required because at one time it was 8 passport style photos.
Many thanks.

Andynd1uk

Star Member
Jan 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2016
AOR Received.
01-06-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-03-2016
Passport Req..
29-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2016
LANDED..........
10-09-2016
the mrs campbell said:
is it 2 passport photos the applicant needs to submit. clarification required because at one time it was 8 passport style photos.
Many thanks.
I submitted 8 to be safer rather than sorry and my application got processed. But you're right it is confusing. Send 8, they won't return your application for having too many photos.

Avicon2016

Star Member
May 9, 2016
Hi! When do I actually do an upfront medical? Can I have it done with CIC request? If I'm not wrong, I will forward my documents and medical result to my sponsor in Canada so he will submit his documents together with mine to Mississauga?

Hardcookie

Jan 30, 2016
Nairobi
Category........
Visa Office......
NRB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
Doc's Request.
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
13-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2016
LANDED..........
09-11-2016
Avicon2016 said:
Hi! When do I actually do an upfront medical? Can I have it done with CIC request? If I'm not wrong, I will forward my documents and medical result to my sponsor in Canada so he will submit his documents together with mine to Mississauga?
Hi,

I did mine a month before we submitted the application. I then send a copy of the results to my sponsor. These medical results are usually submitted direct to CIC directly but the clinic by a panel physician.

vladikim

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
30-08-2016, AOR2 - 16-09-2016
Med's Done....
06-07-2016
the mrs campbell said:
Many thanks.
I believe if you apply Outland then it's 8 photos, if inland then 2 pictures

Omegabyte

Aug 8, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
02-03-2017
vladikim said:
I believe if you apply Outland then it's 8 photos, if inland then 2 pictures
Depends on your application type (Outland/Inland) and the region specific instructions. For example, US Outland only requires 2 photos. Other regions may require more. Links to region specific instructions for Outland can be found here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

Inland requires only 2 pictures:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5289ETOC.asp