Med's Done....
up front
Passport Req..
29-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
11-01-2017
my wives sponser application was started on may 13th (she got the case number then to say it was being done ) here we are in september , and nothing has been updated or changed for her , ... how long does it normally take for someone to be cleared as a sponsor? .... cheers for any help ( and yes i realise some people have been waiting longer than 2 years )

kiwiblair

Feb 2, 2016
NEW ZEALAND
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2016
AOR Received.
25-04-2016
Med's Done....
up front
Passport Req..
29-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
11-01-2017
" If you want to see the actual processing times, you can review spreadsheets that have been shared - 2015 and 2016 outland sheets."

where would these be ? are they area/country specific ?
cheers

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
kiwiblair said:
" If you want to see the actual processing times, you can review spreadsheets that have been shared - 2015 and 2016 outland sheets."

cheers
Unfortunately I don't have the link to the 2016 spreadsheet but if you review a number of threads that feature month / year of application, you should find a link.

For the 2015 spreadsheet go to https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H3Lzh3hODXrG1iEM3W7z9pReAFz94MLQWZGb5eJ7Oao/edit#gid=658388151

There is also a thread for NZ/ Aus ....sort the threads by number of replies, then have a look. Or do an advanced search (this actually works much better than a regular search).

Also, in clearing the backlog of applicants from previous years, they are processing straightforward and complete applications first (of which yours seems to be one)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2016-06-13.asp

Hope this helps!

C.

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Just to say that I have now also registered on here and will monitor CanadaVisa spousal timelines here as well as 'the other place'. ;)

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
I posted this as a separate thread...but without it being a sticky it gets lost...hopefully it is helpful to the newbies on the forum.

Here are some tips for using the forum:

Getting started
If you have questions or want to know what's happening with others in similar situation (i.e. same visa office or same month of application received) search for and post in the thread for those who applied in the same month as you...these are usually called "April 2015 Outland" or something like that. You can also look for the thread that focuses on your visa office (once you receive sponsorship approval), i.e. Abu Dhabi VO, etc. Use the search functions outlined below to find the thread you are looking for.

Post general questions under the "Spousal Sponsorship" thread where a number of subject matter experts regularly review and provide answers.

Only post a new topic as a last resort...because with the traffic in the Family Sponsorship forum, your post will quickly be lost. (as this post will be if it doesn't get pinned)

Searching for keywords / topics:
1) click on the little magnifying glass to access the advanced search function. There you can specify to search in topics only (as opposed to the posts). I'm not sure why the search doesn't default to this
2) in message age, select a smaller number - say 200 days. There are subject matter experts who regularly reply in the threads that see the most use.
3) uncheck the "Check all" box at the bottom, then click on the "+" and select the forums you are interested in

Sorting the threads by most replies received, etc.
If you click on the column header in the forum, you will be able to sort ascending or descending. For example, if you want to see the most popular threads, in the "Replies" column header, click on it. It will first sort ascending (meaning those posts with 0 replies - see my comment on posting new topics). There is a small black arrow below the header text, click on this and it will reverse the sort to descending. Chances are your question will fit into one of the popular threads and you are more likely to get a response.

Sharing your timelines
Sharing your timelines helps everyone to see the progress being made. There are usually two types of timeline sheets - one by year / class and the other by visa office. You should add your information to BOTH. Keep your timeline updated including when you receive your visa and land - this really helps to motivate others and keep their hopes up. It's also helpful to show your timeline with your profile.

Tracking forums that you've posted in
In the upper left beside your profile icon, you can click on "Show new replies to your posts". To see the latest reply, click on the icon on the far RIGHT of each row. Be aware that you can't unfollow a thread once you post (or at least it's never worked for me).

Balancing information privacy with providing enough information to get a good response
Do not share personal information with others and be mindful of using people's names on the forum if you have come to know them. Your username should be something that doesn't identify you. That having been said, when you are posting a question, it helps to provide basic details such as type of application, VO, situational details...you'll get a sense of what I mean when you see the questions people are asking before they can provide responses.

If you are struggling with your application, there are a number of steps you can do

1) call the IRCC contact center - mixed reviews on how much value this is (and only call after processing times are exceeded unless you have a question about how to fill out something)
2) send a case specific enquiry - only do this if your application processing time has been exceeded
3) contact your MP - only do this if you application processing time has been exceeded

If you have ideas on how the system can be improved, write to the Minister of IRCC, Prime Minister Trudeau and cc your MP. Be positive and constructive in your ideas. Use examples from your experience but don't request action / information on your specific case.

Honestly, I wish I had learned to navigate my way around this forum much sooner while I was completing my application. I remember signing up and getting overwhelmed by all the posts. I would have saved a lot of time had I figured it out sooner!! Every question you can think of is on this forum and therefore you shouldn't need to hire a lawyer or consultant except in the most unusual or complicated circumstances.

Finally, a bit of emotional empathy. Only those who have been through the process know what it is like until the DM, PPR, PR card is received. Even after receiving PPR, we still would not believe it was over because we thought there was always a possibility of something going wrong. You know what I mean. But as long as your relationship is genuine, you are honest and your intentions are good for being in Canada, it's just a matter of when and not if.

Good luck all!

C.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
kiwiblair said:
my wives sponser application was started on may 13th (she got the case number then to say it was being done ) here we are in september , and nothing has been updated or changed for her , ... how long does it normally take for someone to be cleared as a sponsor? .... cheers for any help ( and yes i realise some people have been waiting longer than 2 years )
The sponsor has most likely been approved already. You should check your junk mail for the email. If you can't find it, call IRCC; they can confirm over the phone if the sponsor has already been approved.

kiwiblair

Feb 2, 2016
NEW ZEALAND
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2016
AOR Received.
25-04-2016
Med's Done....
up front
Passport Req..
29-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
11-01-2017
cheers for that , we kinda guessed she has been approved already , as otherwise why would my application even begin , managed to find a ph number that works from NZ to call IRCC ... for me it was 001-613944-4000.. but being monday here , and sunday there , i will call tomorrow sometime .

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kiwiblair said:
cheers for that , we kinda guessed she has been approved already , as otherwise why would my application even begin , managed to find a ph number that works from NZ to call IRCC ... for me it was 001-613944-4000.. but being monday here , and sunday there , i will call tomorrow sometime .
Tomorrow is a holiday in Canada (Labour Day).

kiwiblair

Feb 2, 2016
NEW ZEALAND
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2016
AOR Received.
25-04-2016
Med's Done....
up front
Passport Req..
29-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
11-01-2017
Ponga said:
Tomorrow is a holiday in Canada (Labour Day).

well , you would think my canadian wife would have remembered that ...... she has been too long out of country ... cheers

nskendrovic

Mar 26, 2016
Hey, one question.
I filled IMM 008 and put my 2 children on it.
Do i still go and fill 0008DEP as it is same info that i already put in 0008.

Also do i pay fee for dependant children if they are not accompanying me to canada

ty

Hardcookie

Jan 30, 2016
Nairobi
Category........
Visa Office......
NRB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
Doc's Request.
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
13-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2016
LANDED..........
09-11-2016
chilkootcee said:
Unfortunately I don't have the link to the 2016 spreadsheet but if you review a number of threads that feature month / year of application, you should find a link.

For the 2015 spreadsheet go to https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H3Lzh3hODXrG1iEM3W7z9pReAFz94MLQWZGb5eJ7Oao/edit#gid=658388151

There is also a thread for NZ/ Aus ....sort the threads by number of replies, then have a look. Or do an advanced search (this actually works much better than a regular search).

Also, in clearing the backlog of applicants from previous years, they are processing straightforward and complete applications first (of which yours seems to be one)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2016-06-13.asp

Hope this helps!

C.
For 2016 spreadsheets, please check in my signature.
kiwiblair said:

cheers
Please check my signature for 2016 outland spreadsheets.

Salman Warraich

Star Member
Aug 20, 2015
Kara123 said:
Hi can someone please tell me what's the difference between ECAS and MyCIC?
Thank you
ECAS is to check status of your already applied application and my CIC is for apply online web based applications such as tour visa etc and pay any cic fee

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Kara123 said:
Hi can someone please tell me what's the difference between ECAS and MyCIC?
Thank you
ECAS and myCIC are two different web-based applications. ECAS is simply a status update application. myCIC is an online application and status update tool - it's newer. Until recently, the only way to find out the status of your application online was to check in ECAS. ECAS does not need an account, only key information (which still should not be shared). ECAS generally was vague - i.e. A letter regarding a decision on your application was sent to you...blah blah blah.... but you could not see in ECAS what the decision was. ECAS basically had only a few process steps - Received, in process, decision made

myCIC was originally set up for TRV applications and some others (not PR). you have to create an account using GCKEY, and then select access to myCIC. There are other applications you can create accounts for using GCKEY (i.e. revenue canada tax returns). for TRV, you would enter basic info, myCIC would create a list of requirements for you to complete and you would submit them online, get the status updates online and via email and see the actual decisions. Any letters sent would also be included in myCIC as attachments within the system. This feature / process is not yet enabled for PR applications.

However, you can link your current PR application to myCIC to get slightly more detailed status updates on your application (i.e. for the various stages - medical, security, criminality, documents, etc). When a decision is made, you will also be able to see what the decision was. With myCIC you can enable email notifications so that when a status changes, you receive an automatic email regarding this that links you back to myCIC.

so in essence, ECAS may eventually disappear, but for now as long as you have your UCI / file number and basic information about the applicant, you can access your status.

you have to actively link your application to myCIC if you want to use this. There are challenges in doing this but eventually you will managed. if you have a representative that has access to a different database with CIC, linking your application may cause them not to be able to access your file in CIC consultant database but I'm not an expert on this.

Hope this helps.

C.

Kara123

Star Member
Aug 7, 2016
Ok got it,thank you so much. I better let my representatives handle that then. I'll just use the ECAS .
Thank you