Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
anurag1861 said:
Hi ppl,

My "to be spouse" is a Canadian PR and we are planning to marry 3-4 months down the line.

I am planning to apply for a visitor visa after marriage and then apply under "In Canada class or Inland".

Also, I've a 10-yr US visa and I've been there twice so I'm assuming that I'll get the TRV.

Please guide if this is the right or wrong way.

Thanks in anticipation! Smiley Smiley
Hi

Depending where you're from inland will take considerably longer.

You can apply outland while in Canada with TRV.

EminemBattlez

May 24, 2013
Visa Office......
Pretoria
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
12-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
03-09-2013
Med's Request
15-07-2014
Med's Done....
24-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-10-2014
LANDED..........
13-11-2014
ImABule said:
Hi

I suggest you include both as email extracted chats can be edited.

Show a screenshot and then the longer extracted chat.

Take one or two conversations from each month of your relationship.

Also, if you're common law and the applicant is visa exempt the communication proof is not the most important relationship proof to begin with. Communication is more important to show for married couples who live long distance.
Thank you so much, @ImABule. Your advice is really appreciated!!! My partner is not visa exempt. I am just trying to show as much evidence as I can to show that we are in a continuing relationship.

nskendrovic

Mar 26, 2016
Hey. Im applying for family sponsorship and i have almost all papers ready.
One of papers i need is indication of status, and i am here as visitor, just got to Canada 10 days ago and all i have is a stamp in my passport.

So how do i get that indication of status.

Any help is appriciated.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nskendrovic said:
Hey. Im applying for family sponsorship and i have almost all papers ready.
One of papers i need is indication of status, and i am here as visitor, just got to Canada 10 days ago and all i have is a stamp in my passport.

So how do i get that indication of status.

Any help is appriciated.
Just include a photocopy of the page in your passport, showing the current stamp.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
ipman1123 said:
and please senior, this spousal sponsoring stuf, whats the processing times
Depends how you apply and country of origin.

PandaChan

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4, 2016
AOR Received.
July 21, 2016
File Transfer...
August 23, 2016
Med's Done....
June 1, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
PR approved Oct 14, 2016
LANDED..........
Nov 11, 2016
Not too sure if anyone can even answer this, but I'll ask anyways!

My husband and I knew each other for approximately 5.5 months online before we started dating, we got married on our first year anniversary which was March 2016.
We sent in our Spousal Sponsorship Application on the very last day of June and I have received my SA. Our file got transferred to Ottawa. His Medical Review passed and they are now reviewing his eligibility. The criminal background check we included with the application came back clear. We don't have any kids together.
I know there pretty much is nothing to be worried about, but I guess I worry about the time we've known each other, if they will question it.

Other then that, I've seen some people who have gotten through the whole process in just 6 months. Crossing my fingers for my husband and I!

Omegabyte

Aug 8, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
02-03-2017
I don't think you have much to worry about. Since you're Ottawa VO, I'm assuming your husband is from the US? The standard for US->Canada is much lower than other countries. If you included the proof of genuine relationship they asked for, everything should be just fine. You're in the homestretch, it's almost over!

PandaChan

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4, 2016
AOR Received.
July 21, 2016
File Transfer...
August 23, 2016
Med's Done....
June 1, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
PR approved Oct 14, 2016
LANDED..........
Nov 11, 2016
Omegabyte said:
I don't think you have much to worry about. Since you're Ottawa VO, I'm assuming your husband is from the US? The standard for US->Canada is much lower than other countries. If you included the proof of genuine relationship they asked for, everything should be just fine. You're in the homestretch, it's almost over!
Yes, he is from the USA. :) We included lots of proof of relationship with Skype, chats, Facebook and tons of pictures from our many visits we had in the whole year! Haha.
We are very excited!

Omegabyte

Aug 8, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
02-03-2017
One rumor I've heard (read?) is that there's a big push in Ottawa VO to get apps done while they have student temp staff during the summer. I don't know if that's true, but the whole Outland PR process for US->Canada has sped up greatly during the summer. I've seen routine applications take less than 2 months, with decisions made in Ottawa within a week or two of file transfer!

My wife and I have you beat on time we've known each other. Met online this Feb, engaged our first meeting in March, married in July! We've been together either at her place or mine since April. She's taken my last name (what a hassle changing everything!). Our Proof of Genuine Relationship folder was thick with text printouts, call logs, cards, and letters from family. We did consult with an actual immigration attorney that said that with US->Canada, it's not necessarily the length of time you know each other, it's the willingness to cohabitate and live as a genuine married couple/family.

PandaChan

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4, 2016
AOR Received.
July 21, 2016
File Transfer...
August 23, 2016
Med's Done....
June 1, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
PR approved Oct 14, 2016
LANDED..........
Nov 11, 2016
Omegabyte said:
One rumor I've heard (read?) is that there's a big push in Ottawa VO to get apps done while they have student temp staff during the summer. I don't know if that's true, but the whole Outland PR process for US->Canada has sped up greatly during the summer. I've seen routine applications take less than 2 months, with decisions made in Ottawa within a week or two of file transfer!

My wife and I have you beat on time we've known each other. Met online this Feb, engaged our first meeting in March, married in July! We've been together either at her place or mine since April. She's taken my last name (what a hassle changing everything!). Our Proof of Genuine Relationship folder was thick with text printouts, call logs, cards, and letters from family. We did consult with an actual immigration attorney that said that with US->Canada, it's not necessarily the length of time you know each other, it's the willingness to cohabitate and live as a genuine married couple/family.
Yes, I have noticed the applications during the summer have been moving along quicker! I am very happy for that, lol. My husband and I are wishing that he will be able to move here by December or January, haha!

Wow! I guess I shouldn't be worried at all about that then. :p We definitely plan on living together as a married couple, living apart for 2 years will be much more than enough, lmao. When we got married, I wanted to change my name as well but then when I realized I would have to change everything before applying for the Sponsorship (At least I assumed so), I decided to wait for that. I'll do that once he is here!

I wish you and your wife the absolute best of luck! :D

Omegabyte

Aug 8, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
02-03-2017
PandaChan said:
When we got married, I wanted to change my name as well but then when I realized I would have to change everything before applying for the Sponsorship (At least I assumed so), I decided to wait for that. I'll do that once he is here!
We decided to get it all done up front. It took about a week for the majority of it. We sent the app package off once everything was done (except for the passport - we go to Calgary to pick that up Thursday). Figured with the short relationship time, it was better to get the name change done before we sent things off.

We're excited this morning, because we just found out we're approved for our first apartment together! We already have a home in Crowsnest Pass, but my wife has another 1 1/2 years of college to go. So we live in Lethbridge during the school year.

I wish you and your wife the absolute best of luck! :D
Thanks!! You too!!!

DeHdez15

Mar 10, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2016
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
File Transfer...
13-05-2016
Med's Request
Requested again Oct 20/16
Med's Done....
Oct 28/16 (2nd time)
Passport Req..
November 8/2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 21/2016
LANDED..........
December 10/2016
Ok friends, I have a question.
I applied for my husband in January 2016, I have visited him in El Salvador just once, after I filed the application. Do I need to send proof of my visit? Or, should I wait if they request more proofs of our relationship?
I don't want to send if is not needed, but have also heard that will be beneficial to inform them of my visit :D
Any inputs on this? thanks for your help ;D

StevieBeatbox

Aug 30, 2016
Hello all,
I am in dire need of some advice, and i hope someone here can help me. I am from Scotland and my g/f is Canadian, we met 3 years ago and have lived together pretty much since then. The main problem we have is we have lived in lots of different places, 6 months in Glasgow,1 year in Canada, 1 year in Vietnam and travelled about for the last 3 months. When we lived in Glasgow we stayed in a shared house so our names weren’t on any bills of a lease, in Canada we stayed with her parents for a few months then she rented an apartment and it was all in her name, in Vietnam we didn’t really have any bills or such in our names but we do have a lease for 9 months. and we have been travelling since then and in between. We have mountains of emails and text messages and plenty of pictures of us together with each others family’s during christmas,thanksgiving and other events. We have a joint back account in Canada that we have had for over a year. We hired a lawyer to help guide us through this process but he was been less than helpful to be honest .

I would like to know, does anyone think because of all our moving about would it negatively impact our application? The main reason we have moved so much is purely so we can be together as we weren’t sure what we wanted to do with our lives just yet so had to keep going places where we could be together.

Also i do not have criminal record check from being in Vietnam, i technically wasn’t in the country for longer than 6 months as i was only on a Visitor visa and have stamps to prove my movements, a criminal record check is almost impossible to get outside of the country, could anyone see this being a major problem?

Could anyone tell me what other evidence i could use to bolster out application?

We will be going back to Canada in a few weeks and will be staying with her parents, if and when we do decide to apply what would be the best option to apply for , inland or outland? I actually have a job offer but the process to just get me a work permit costs a lot of time and money for my prospective employer and it may still be rejected and it doesn’t mean i’ll get to permanently live in the country.

Any advice anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated, Thanks Steven

anurag1861

Aug 24, 2016
ImABule said:
Hi

Depending where you're from inland will take considerably longer.

You can apply outland while in Canada with TRV.
Thank you for your response. I want to stay and get a job in Canada as soon as i get married to my girl friend, so that's why I am thinking of inland application. Any chances of this thing going wrong?