07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
Mark_Anna said:
Is immigration offices also have long holidays during Christmas time?
They are only close 3 days, for Christmas, Boxing Day, and New Year's Day. Since those are all on the weekend, they take other days, but still only 3.

geminibella

Oct 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/11/2010
File Transfer...
21/12/2010
Med's Done....
08/24/2010
Passport Req..
13/11/2011
VISA ISSUED...
15/11/2011
LANDED..........
30/11/2011
Question..
Im sponsoring my Husband who is in Lebanon... I sent the app just about a month ago..

I will no longer be going to school and I will get a new job.. should I send ImmigrationCanada all the new information.. ie no longer a student, + letter from new employer ?

I was thinking about this but it seems like as soon as its approved on the canada side they don't deal with me anymore ? They would send the app to Damascus and they deal with the rest after regarding my husband... hmm let me know! Thanks

Thanks

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Dear friends,
Scylla, Beshoo, Perinsa, Dubebr,
Thanks for your reply & sharing information.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sadatul said:
I have written my timeline as following..

2010/09 - 2010/12
2010/06 - 2010/09
2010/02 - 2010/06
2010/02 - 2010/05
2009/03 - 2010/02
2008/09 - 2009/03
2008/01 - 2008/09
2007/08 - 2008/01
2006/05 - 2007/08
2006/01 - 2006/05

Is it the right order which I have include in my Personal History form since my age 18

I need urgent suggestions

Thank you
As long as you turned 18 in 2006/01, this looks fine. I would probably put the first one as 2010/09 - present. You don't seem to have left any gaps. You know that you need to tell them what you were doing during those time, i.e. working, unemployed, studying, etc.

FYI, you don't need to post on every thread.

Jimbob

Oct 19, 2009
Hey Leon,

Good posts, very informative. Regarding, playing safe it by staying in Canada while awaiting the spouse's PR visa. If you are in another country, you can simply check your phone messages daily and call them CIC back. Wouldn't that satisfy them?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jimbob said:
Hey Leon,

Good posts, very informative. Regarding, playing safe it by staying in Canada while awaiting the spouse's PR visa. If you are in another country, you can simply check your phone messages daily and call them CIC back. Wouldn't that satisfy them?
In which situation you mean? In the case of a PR being the sponsor, a PR must be residing in Canada to sponsor. If immigration finds out that the sponsor is not in Canada, they can refuse the application and they often do. Maybe you had only gone to visit your spouse for a month and you would like to argue about the definition of residing in Canada and of course you can appeal their decision to refuse your application but the whole thing will delay you by months. That's why it is safer for the PR sponsor to stay in Canada.

How they would find out, well, if they phone you and your neighbour is at your house at the time watering the plants or feeding the hamster and happens to pick up the phone and tell them you are not in the country. As well as if you must call them through the call centre, you have to be in Canada for the number to work. I am not sure if they phone you, would they leave you another number to call back or what they would do.

ufa

Star Member
Nov 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Karlshammar said:
You just have to make sure that you are not on welfare or in an undischarged bankruptcy. As long as you're not, you're golden. Kulilit is right that you still have to submit the form, though.
Is it OK for the sponsor to go on EI? Before application ? After PR status granted?

(I'm Finishing some extra school this year and getting worried about returning to a lousy job market.... :S )

R

rathika

;)hi all i am new to this forum...
need all of ur help..............pls......well i have couple of question.
this is going to be my second time sponsoring a spouse .......i was married in 2005 and i sponsored my ex-husband inland about 4 yrs ago....after a while we had problems so i attempt suicide by jumping a 6th floor balcony..ever since then i was separated from him.........due to this attempt i no longer can work........i'm on odsp.....when i went back home to srilanka i met a guy and being his friend for a year fell in love with him........finally i went back and got married to him....now i send my sponsor application to cic i want to find out wheather i can sponsor being on odsp and how long it would take to bring him here.....i dont owe anything to the goverment due to my past undertake..

any advice......

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't know what ODSP is but getting money for disability is also not considered social assistance.

Jimbob

Oct 19, 2009
Hey Leon, if I'm answering my home phone from another country, how would they know? Most people today aren't home to answer their phones during the day. So you to keep calling back.
But I know it's wise to be cautious as they can be very difficult.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ontario Disability Support Program. Not social assistance.

Leon said:
I don't know what ODSP is but getting money for disability is also not considered social assistance.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
rathika said:
;)hi all i am new to this forum...
need all of ur help..............pls......well i have couple of question.
this is going to be my second time sponsoring a spouse .......i was married in 2005 and i sponsored my ex-husband inland about 4 yrs ago....after a while we had problems so i attempt suicide by jumping a 6th floor balcony..ever since then i was separated from him.........due to this attempt i no longer can work........i'm on odsp.....when i went back home to srilanka i met a guy and being his friend for a year fell in love with him........finally i went back and got married to him....now i send my sponsor application to cic i want to find out wheather i can sponsor being on odsp and how long it would take to bring him here.....i dont owe anything to the goverment due to my past undertake..

any advice......
I am not exactly sure if you are eligible to sponsor while on odsp but I know that on CIC website the average process time for Colombo is 17 months.

bobshi

Nov 1, 2010
has any one got a letter like this? looks like a form letter came from embassy

Dear Applicant
This refers to your application for Permanent Residence in Canada
A review of your application taking into account such factors as the length of your courtship, the circumstances surrounding your introduction, your immigration history and the subsequent development of your relationship has been completed.
Based on the contents of your application and submissions to date ,we have determined that you may require a personal interview .your file has now been queued for review by an officer .your file will be examined in the order in which it has been received to ensure equitable treatment of your application.
It is expected that the decision to convoke you to an interview will be taken in the next 120 days of this letter .should you be required to attend a personal interview you will be notified by mail.
Alternately, the officer may decide to request further documents from you and in that case you will also be notified by mail .please note there is no requirement in the Immigration and Refugee protection act for a personal interview before a decision is taken ,however no refusal will be made without previously advising you of the specific refusal concerns .
Due to the high volume of applications in our office and in order to better serve our applicants we request that you do not inquire as to the status of your application within the 120 days of this letter.
Furthermore, should you need to advise us of a significant change in your application such as a change in your address or family composition (i.e. marriage, birth, death, divorce, separation or adoption of any person included on your application), please do so by either facsimile or mail.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bobshi,

It means that they are not yet convinced that your relationship is genuine, and may request either an interview or further documentation to clarify things.