Spousal sponsorship

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Krrrsty said:
Hi all

I'm back searching for advice!!! SO.. 6 months later and on the advice of a lawyer, I sent two applications for an open work permit to both the Immigration department and the work permit department - along with a "begging letter" explaining that as I had an existing work permit and a company who were intending to renew that permit, so I had not initially submitted an open work permit with our sponsorship application. I also sent details of my client ID, copies of correspondence relating to the LMO and an explanation of why my LMO seemed to have been refused.

Today, I received a refusal letter for the open work permit but I'm not sure whether it came from the work permit folks or the immigration people..... I called the Immigration number and was told that my application was "progressing nicely and everything looks good for first stage approval in March" (????) I'm confused! I have been working under an implied status and was hoping that they would add my work permit application to the spousal sponsorship - I have no way to find out if they did that! - Am I safe to continue working under the assumption that one of my application copies made it through?? I understand that different departments don't seem to communicate ;)

What happens if they take "enforcement action"?? 90 days would take me almost to March... it's so hard to know when the information they give is so vague!!!!

Thanks in advance for any info!
???
So you didn't send your inland spousal sponsorship application and the open work permit application together, at the same time and to the same place? That's what you are supposed to do. You can't add an OWP application at a later date and hope they will join it with the inland spousal application. If your original work permit expired within the last 90 days and your employer has now obtained a positive LMO, you can apply for restoration of status as a worker and a new work permit. If your employer does not have a new LMO and your work permit expired less than 90 days ago, you can apply for restoration and a change of conditions to visitor status. You must now stop working as you have received a decision on your work permit application. You can only apply for the OWP once you receive first stage approval on the inland sponsorship application.

Krrrsty

Aug 31, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2010
LANDED..........
17-08-2011
rjessome said:
So you didn't send your inland spousal sponsorship application and the open work permit application together, at the same time and to the same place? That's what you are supposed to do. You can't add an OWP application at a later date and hope they will join it with the inland spousal application. If your original work permit expired within the last 90 days and your employer has now obtained a positive LMO, you can apply for restoration of status as a worker and a new work permit. If your employer does not have a new LMO and your work permit expired less than 90 days ago, you can apply for restoration and a change of conditions to visitor status. You must now stop working as you have received a decision on your work permit application. You can only apply for the OWP once you receive first stage approval on the inland sponsorship application.
Thanks rjessome - I *kinda* knew when I asked the question.... I found out all that about OWP applications AFTER the fact - the call centre isn't the most informative unless you know which questions to ask - I knew I was taking a risk but I didn't want to lose the 4 month wait I'd already endured.. I guess three months unemployment is a small price to pay.

Again, thanks for your advice - this forum has been incredibly informative, I just wish I'd found it before I did all my paperwork ;)

Michael B

Nov 23, 2010
Is anyone able to provide me some logical explanation what is going on? Here is my timeline of my sponsorship of my wife in Africa.

- 09/13/2010 Mail the package to CPC-M at 10AM ( Over 450 pages of data related to this case )
- 09/14/2010 CPC-M receives package and approves me the same day as sponsor
- 09/15/2010 Letter mailed to me as I am accepted and my case forwarded to Nairobi ( Kenya )
- 09/20/2010 Nairobi receives all documentation
- 10/06/2010 Nairobi starts processing.
- 10/11/2010 We both receive acknowledgment letter
- 12/22/2010 My wife received a call from Canadian Embassy in Kinshasa ( Congo ) to pick up mail. where
she discovered that the letter is requesting landing fees to be paid and to submit her passport to
the embassy to be sent to Nairobi.

My questions to everyone here.

- Has anyone ever had a case processed so fast?
- Is it unusual to see them go through something so quickly?
- What would make a usually SLOW process for the majority go so fast for others other than obvious things
such as: - no kids involved
- no criminal records
- same age, education level
and other characteristics they look at.

Usually is there something else after them asking for landing fee payment and to mail them original passport to the visa Office where the case was processed?

Anyone with comments or is this just too good to be true and we might hit a brick wall?

missinghim

Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Dec-'10.
File Transfer...
04-Jan-'11.
Passport Req..
19-Jan-'11.
VISA ISSUED...
4-Mar-'11
LANDED..........
18-July-'11
I am the sponsor (Canadian) and i am sponsoring my husband who is in india currently. I sent application Oct. 12 to Mississauga. Then on Nov. 6 i received a letter from the immigration officer in Mississauga saying Additional Family info form was not signed my husband. Hesend the entire application back minus the money on Nov.6. He gave us an evelope for my husband's visa pics too and stapled my husbband's proof of medical to the application for pr. He gave us our client ID number and kit number. And asked that the application be addressedto him..he included a self addressed sticker to put on the envelope with his name on it and the mississauga address. I also noticed that the officer had completed allof his sections on myapplication. A couple weeks later my husband sent me theform back signed and i resubmitted my application. Then Canada post messed up and said they lost it or its late being delivered. It didnt reach Mississauga on Dec. 7. Then 1 week later status on CAnada post website finally said it was delivered (on Dec.14). My question is since he asked application b sent to his name, that he completed his boxes on the application, etc... is it fair to say that he will look at it again sooner than the initial 37 day wait? I amnot sure if i trust canada post who said they got it in the end...mississauga doesnt tell u this info only tells u when they finished processing. Does anyone else have a similar case? I check ecas but nothin has been updated so i think the officer hasnt looked at it yet..since receiving it on Dec. 14. As soon as i hear word that it has been processed and approved and sent to Delhi, im planning to go to india for a trip. Another Question..after it goes to Delhi will i b contacted about anything.

sadatul

Oct 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6TH JULY 2010
Doc's Request.
7TH AUGUST 2010
AOR Received.
NEVER
File Transfer...
23RD SEPTEMBER
Med's Request
7TH AUGUST 2010
Med's Done....
23RD AUGUST
Interview........
DID NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
11TH JANUARY 2011
VISA ISSUED...
19th JAN 2011
LANDED..........
BY MARCH INSHALLAH
I was received my RPRF request as well as got all my evidence back from Singapore so does that mean my Interview is waived and they are ready to issue me visa as soon as they get my payment? The letter stating that In order to conclude ur relatives ( Mine ) application abroad RPRF payment of $490 is needed..

I would like to get some comments from you..

Thank you

mitu

Dec 22, 2010
Hey,my question got lost in here.i did apply for PR under family class for my spouse.I got approves as a sponsor and my file was sent to India.They cant find photoes they want as per hindu wedding.and told on telephone intervew that-you,yourself had delayed your file.what does it mean?

Thank you.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If they said you delayed the file, they are probably referring to some documents they think are crucial to your application but were not included, say photos of your wedding. Did you send photos of your wedding?

kimwayne

Nov 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-10
Doc's Request.
BD has been cashed out(Nov.10,2010)
Nomination.....
In Process(February 23,2011),Centralized Intake Office Sydney (CIO-S) Eligibility Review Complete (February 26,2011)
AOR Received.
PER received February 23,2011,2nd AOR(Per) March 17,2011
IELTS Request
submitted with the rest of the documents
File Transfer...
March 24,2011
Med's Request
July 13,2011
Med's Done....
July 28,2011.Payment for processing and RPRF for my wife done in SEPT.16,2011
Interview........
i hope not
Passport Req..
Nov.28,2011
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 11,2011
LANDED..........
April 30,2012..Successfully completed and became a permanent resident holder.
Hello Guys,

I am happy that I browse this thread,but unfortunately,i realized that I made a wrong decision on my documentation.As I browse this section,it seems to sponsor someone especially your loved ones is not a walk in a park.At present,I am still on the early stage of immigration process,I submitted my application only last month.In my application,I am the only one who will go to Canada for the meantime,because of the following reason:first,we have no relatives in Canada,and the expenses which is also a big factor plus my children are still young,2 and 3 years old respective.

So,my question is there a way to correct my mistake as early as now just in case,if I received my first AOR.I apply under FSW thru NOC 3152(R.N).Having read this thread enlightens me to change my family plan.I stated on my papers that I will bring my family within 2 years after I land in Canada which I submitted together with my application forums.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Sleepless2121

Dec 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, Leon! Hope you have a good holidays. I have a question, I tried looking for the answer everywhere, but could not find it. My wife is immigrating from Russia in Family class. She has an interview on Jan.20 And she was asked to bring Personal Worth Statement with her.I always thought that was for skilled workers only. How come are they asking for that? Any idea? thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have no idea why they want a personal worth statement. I also would have thought that is only for skilled workers. No idea why they want it from your wife. Did they send her a checklist of documents requested and this was checked? Is it possible that it was checked by mistake?

I would say she should bring it anyway. Maybe she doesn't need it or maybe they are just curious but it's better to have it if they want it. If they did not send her a form, I suppose she can use the one here: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/assets/pdfs/P167_Personal_Net_Worth_Statement.pdf

Sleepless2121

Dec 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, again, Leon! They sent her email with the usual stuff- originals for birth cert, etc and then was :personal Worth Statement and Documents clarifying what kind of business she has. So, it's usual nightmare or they have nothing better to do.

born2fly.dk

Dec 27, 2010
I have just been ordered deported because I am criminally inadmissible, even before my applications were processed - I had sent in a temporary resident permit application under criminally inadmissible category IN TIME AND PAID THE FEES - which would ALLOW me to stay until my application get processed! I have spoken to immigration and lawyers before my arrest about this...

All this happened just because the police found out that I had been here for more than 6 months and they gave me to immigration, who has apparently not had the urge to look into my submitted applications.. I have not charges nor convictions in Canada.

Can somebody please help - I am married to a girl in Quebec (citizen), our marriage is genuine - I have job offer as a pilot as soon as I would have gotten my work permit..

This whole thing is killing me - The procedure of all this CAN NOT BE RIGHT!!

HELP!!

missinghim

Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Dec-'10.
File Transfer...
04-Jan-'11.
Passport Req..
19-Jan-'11.
VISA ISSUED...
4-Mar-'11
LANDED..........
18-July-'11
Can Visa officers in the embassys abroad extend medicals or do they normally just request them frm applicants again, if so then what kind of delay are we talking about. All i kno isit jsut took hubby 1-2 wks to get an appointmt in india w/ the designated practioner.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
missinghim said:
Can Visa officers in the embassys abroad extend medicals or do they normally just request them frm applicants again, if so then what kind of delay are we talking about. All i kno isit jsut took hubby 1-2 wks to get an appointmt in india w/ the designated practioner.
They will usually ask for new medicals if they are about to expire although it has happened that visas have been issued to people so close to medicals expiry that they only had days to land in Canada or the visa would expire.

sadatul

Oct 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6TH JULY 2010
Doc's Request.
7TH AUGUST 2010
AOR Received.
NEVER
File Transfer...
23RD SEPTEMBER
Med's Request
7TH AUGUST 2010
Med's Done....
23RD AUGUST
Interview........
DID NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
11TH JANUARY 2011
VISA ISSUED...
19th JAN 2011
LANDED..........
BY MARCH INSHALLAH
Attention Leon..need response from you..

I just got an email from Singapore they said

Mr. Hoque,

All requested documents have been received and processed. You will shortly receive a letter requesting submission of your passport and other documents for issuance of visa.

Sincerely,
Visa Officer

and then on E-cas under my Permanent Residence status I saw

We started processing your application on September 23, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

yet I didnt received my PPR so is it ok with their decision made status?

Thank you