canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
JamesBox said:
Either way, I'll write the letter state the day we moved in together (1st March 2015) and state the date 12 months from then (1st March 2016) and hopefully that will be sufficient.
CIC doesn't call for stuff like this. It is VERY strange that your spouse received a call at all, let alone in the first stage where all communication goes to the sponsor. Have you called CIC back to confirm this?

cjg1987 said:
On form IMM 5490

Question 28 - Are you currently living with your sponsor?

No- When did your sponsor return to Canada?
Just put any date and include an explanation on a separate sheet.

BethanyM said:
IS SHE LIVING WITH HER SPOUSE NOW (Is she living with you), Answer NO
When did she return to her home: Enter the date she left Canada.
Incorrect. Next time, read the actual question before providing bad information. The question specifically asks: When did your sponsor return to Canada?

canadafsw2015

Nov 10, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1: 17-03-2016 SA: 21-03-2016 AOR2: 31-03-2016
File Transfer...
21-03-2016
Med's Done....
11-12-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 08-05-2016 PPR: 11-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2016
enggvirdi said:
When did you apply for her application? Its seems too fast to be real.
My timeline is on my profile. Well YES, it is real. Most Jan-March 2016 applicants have got PPR.

enggvirdi

Dec 2, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
Doc's Request.
Pending
Nomination.....
22-12-2014
AOR Received.
NDVO does not send AORs
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
2nd line on 21st March 2015
Med's Request
07-04-2015
Med's Done....
18-04-2015; Third line on 28-04-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-06-2015
canadafsw2015 said:
My timeline is on my profile. Well YES, it is real. Most Jan-March 2016 applicants have got PPR.
Congrats man! That really is fast. Is is a general trend these days? I was scared to think of 17 or 18 months as per the cic website.

Jagwinder.deakin

May 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
AOR Received.
21-05-2016
File Transfer...
29-06-2016
Med's Request
Nil
Med's Done....
Nil
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
22-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Nil
LANDED..........
Nil
I heard that many new cases of PR through spouse case getting results in 3-4 months.
Is this news correct?
Thanks

sujan143

Aug 13, 2012
Calgary, Canada
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
10-05-2016
Doc's Request.
Not Yet
Nomination.....
Sponsor approval 05/jul/16
AOR Received.
28-05-2016
File Transfer...
14/07/2016
Med's Done....
05-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2016
LANDED..........
30-12-2016
Yes that is correct. but few cases are having delays but i believe it woudnt take long as like before

yijiequ

Feb 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
canadafsw2015 said:
those are lighting fast... i feel jealous. look at my timeline.. not even a SA yet.

JamesBox

Star Member
Jan 15, 2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
canuck_in_uk said:
CIC doesn't call for stuff like this. It is VERY strange that your spouse received a call at all, let alone in the first stage where all communication goes to the sponsor. Have you called CIC back to confirm this?
CIC must call for stuff like this, as they did for us. We were told to write a letter clarifying the dates and send it an officer at Mississauga using a PO Box. And it was the sponsor they called, I'm the applicant.

I phoned CIC back to clarify whether they were correct in telling us it was the move in date not official common law date, and they explained officers can phone, email or write to applicants/sponsors asking for more details if required.

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
JamesBox said:
CIC must call for stuff like this, as they did for us. We were told to write a letter clarifying the dates and send it an officer at Mississauga using a PO Box. And it was the sponsor they called, I'm the applicant.

I phoned CIC back to clarify whether they were correct in telling us it was the move in date not official common law date, and they explained officers can phone, email or write to applicants/sponsors asking for more details if required.
It's actually not that normal to receive a call from the CIC. I've only heard of this happening one other time. I wouldn't worry still, since these things can change. Usually, if they want to clarify something they'll send an email.

Jameee

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
File Transfer...
16-12-2016
Dear Members,

Can you please help me in making some decision:

My fiancee is currently working in USA on H1-B. This is expiring next month - June-2016. However, company is working to get this extended.
We are planned to get married in Sep-16, in India.
I am resident here and she will be moving here after marriage.

1. Having H1-B and working in states, how long does it take for Outland app to get processed? Please suggest
2. Should we pursue for getting H1-B extended?
[I understand applying Outland would help in quick processing for spousal PR. But, fiancee is not in comfort to stay in USA and wants to go back India. Trying to make some wise decision and her considerations].

So here, I am thinking after marriage, I will apply Visitor visa in India then process Inland, once fiancee is in canada.
3. How safe are we in getting through Visitor visa approved in India? Is there any reason for rejections?

Now, that I am reading OutLand app in India are getting processed more quickly
4. Should I make decision to go for OutLand app from India, instead of aplying visitor and then Inland?
5. How long OutLand app takes from India (CIC says 14 months)?

Would be glad to receive your inputs on above queries.

JamesBox

Star Member
Jan 15, 2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
Decoy24601 said:
It's actually not that normal to receive a call from the CIC. I've only heard of this happening one other time. I wouldn't worry still, since these things can change. Usually, if they want to clarify something they'll send an email.
Interesting. We're worrying (yet!) the officer was really nice on the phone and just wanted to make sure we hadn't made a mistake. As it happens it was actually a mistake on CIC's side. But the letter has been been sent to clarify so hopefully we'll get SA without too much of a delay!

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
JamesBox said:
Interesting. We're worrying (yet!) the officer was really nice on the phone and just wanted to make sure we hadn't made a mistake. As it happens it was actually a mistake on CIC's side. But the letter has been been sent to clarify so hopefully we'll get SA without too much of a delay!
It's also possible the case officer is very busy and decided that he would prefer to call people if he has questions, since trying to call people would probably get a faster response than an email. The officer could also be new and just prefer this method of contacting people over email.

bmk8618

May 27, 2016
Hello all,
I'm a Aug 2015 applicant. My husband has sponsored me. So far I have received AOR and I applied for work permit a month back. My husband and I got a job in Quebec. We are planning to move there but we are not sure if we will get permanently settled there because my husband studied and worked in Ontario and I studied and going to work in Quebec. SO we are not sure if we will settle in Quebec or Ontario even though both of us have a job in Quebec.

1. Is it okay to not change the address from Ontario to Quebec?
2. Will CSQ process delay my PR from a regular 26 months to additional 5 months?
3. We dont have a permanent address in Quebec yet. By the time , we get a permanent address in Quebec, I'm assuming my first PR stage will get over. Is it okay to change the address after that?
4. Can we go ahead and apply for a Quebec health card?

Sirenane

Star Member
Oct 29, 2015
Málaga, Spain
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
Doc's Request.
18-05-2016
AOR Received.
20-04-2016
Med's Request
04-08-2016
Med's Done....
19-08-2016
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
COPR - 30-09-2016
LANDED..........
16-12-2016
Jameee said:
Dear Members,

My fiancee is currently working in USA on H1-B. This is expiring next month - June-2016. However, company is working to get this extended.

1. Having H1-B and working in states, how long does it take for Outland app to get processed? Please suggest
[I understand applying Outland would help in quick processing for spousal PR. But, fiancee is not in comfort to stay in USA and wants to go back India. Trying to make some wise decision and her considerations].

So here, I am thinking after marriage, I will apply Visitor visa in India then process Inland, once fiancee is in canada.
3. How safe are we in getting through Visitor visa approved in India? Is there any reason for rejections?

4. Should I make decision to go for OutLand app from India, instead of aplying visitor and then Inland?

Something to think about for inland or outland is - Inland - they suggest that the applicant not leave the country or they could reject her entering Canada upon arrival back. So if during the long processing time for inland she will want to return to India to visit family, then I would suggest that you apply Outland and have her come on a visitor visa with a return ticket to India. She can stay for up to 6 months (this is at the discretion of the customs officer though).

nartcr

Dec 13, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 16 2016
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
AOR Received.
AOR1: June 6 2016 SA: July 20 2016 AOR2: Sep 1 2016 PGR Request: Sep 27 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
ECAS shows in process status
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
May 3 2016
Passport Req..
Jan 6 2017 Sent Jan 10 2017 Rvcd Jan 20 2017
LANDED..........
March 5 2017 - Vancouver
Jameee said:
Dear Members,

You have many questions, and most of the answers can be found in this forum. I will keep my points brief.

a) It depends on Visa office. I was holding L1B and i moved here directly from US. The chances that your wife's application is processed in Ottawa is higher since she had spent significant time in US assuming you are going to apply, while she is at US.
b) You may or may not. What matters the most is her "residence status" at the time of submitting the application. FBI PCC is one of the most time consuming process, i suggest your wife plan it for getting one soon.
c) The chances are slim, although it is possible. There are PA, who have successfully applied for visitor visa while their application is in process.
d) Outland process is generally faster than Inland. Also for Inland process, consider the expenses you have to take - for starters, her insurance.
e) Going by the current trend, there are applicants who have applied this year, who have got their passport request. On the other hand, there are applicants from 2015, who are still waiting to hear back from VO. CIC says 19 months on website. In reality most of the applicants ( unless the case is complex, or VO suspects its a marriage of convenience or your applicant is selected for quality assessment ), things could get finalized with in few months.

I would suggest start documenting your relationship, come up with a plan on when you are going to submit, and prepare the documentation. Because you and your spouse will be considered as "recent" marriage, documentation showcasing how you developed your relationship is important. Hope this helps.