23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
taniam00 said:
Thanks for your reply! When u say sponsorship approval comes next around 35-45 days that means from the day you had sent the application? Or does that mean after receiving the AOR? Just to clarify! :)
It's from the day they received your application in the mail, not AOR or the day you sent it. :)

taniam00

Jan 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
Nil SA June 3 2016
File Transfer...
June 3, 2016
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Interview........
no interview background check started Oct 4,2016
Passport Req..
October 18, 2016, application approved Nov 14,2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 10, 2016 All the glory to our God!
Decoy24601 said:
It's from the day they received your application in the mail, not AOR or the day you sent it. :)
So how does one know the day they received the application?

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
taniam00 said:
So how does one know the day they received the application?
Did you send the application package with tracking? I sent mine through Canada Post and someone signed for it when it was delivered on April 6th. My eCAS says they received it on that day as well, but you probably won't be able to access it without a UCI or file number (you get these from your AOR). You can use the receipt number for the application fees and keep trying until you can either access it that way or you get AOR (some people have luck with this. I wasn't ever able to log on until after I got the UCI/file number).

taniam00

Jan 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
Nil SA June 3 2016
File Transfer...
June 3, 2016
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Decoy24601 said:
Did you send the application package with tracking? I sent mine through Canada Post and someone signed for it when it was delivered on April 6th. My eCAS says they received it on that day as well, but you probably won't be able to access it without a UCI or file number (you get these from your AOR). You can use the receipt number for the application fees and keep trying until you can either access it that way or you get AOR (some people have luck with this. I wasn't ever able to log on until after I got the UCI/file number).
Yes I did track my package. When I checked it said it was delivered on May 2 2016 was signed also. But does that mean that's the day they would record as received? What's eCas? Is that on the Cic website to check application status?

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
taniam00 said:
Yes I did track my package. When I checked it said it was delivered on May 2 2016 was signed also. But does that mean that's the day they would record as received? What's eCas? Is that on the Cic website to check application status?
That means it was received on May 2nd and it will be recorded that way. eCAS is the online system used to check your application status. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/status.asp You won't be able to access it until you get an official Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR) of your application in a couple or so weeks.

taniam00

Jan 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
Nil SA June 3 2016
File Transfer...
June 3, 2016
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Decoy24601 said:
That means it was received on May 2nd and it will be recorded that way. eCAS is the online system used to check your application status. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/status.asp You won't be able to access it until you get an official Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR) of your application in a couple or so weeks.
Okay! Thank you very much! Will keep an eye out on that site! One more question. Once they do reply do they email both my husband and I or just one of us?

Sirenane

Star Member
Oct 29, 2015
Málaga, Spain
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
Doc's Request.
18-05-2016
AOR Received.
20-04-2016
Med's Request
04-08-2016
Med's Done....
19-08-2016
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
COPR - 30-09-2016
LANDED..........
16-12-2016
k.kaur said:
Hi..we r Feb 2015 applicant..medical expired in Jan...bt no remedical request.according to notes eligibility passed,no interview.criminal ND security not started...we r very frustrated..no update since now...it is going to be 16 months for totalyy straight case without interview...i don't know where our file is stuck.pls somebody help by giving some suggestions
Have you called the Call Centre to see what is up? If not, do that AND to request your eCAS (if you or your spouse is in Canada).
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zeWGZzVdOgDlDkHODEZt9Q44LuiKYAmmf9jCgAiooS4/edit

Stuntxd9

May 4, 2015
Visa Office......
KNGVO
App. Filed.......
April 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
taniam00 said:
I tracked my package and it was delivered on April 11 however on ecas it showed as April 12.

k.kaur

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
Sirenane said:
Have you called the Call Centre to see what is up? If not, do that AND to request your eCAS (if you or your spouse is in Canada).
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zeWGZzVdOgDlDkHODEZt9Q44LuiKYAmmf9jCgAiooS4/edit
we applied gcms notes twice..through which we came to know about eligibility passed ND security ND criminality not started....what we do now

tony000

Jul 29, 2015
Hi I m also Feb 2015, I had Interview in March 2016 , Since then no Correspondence From CIC . I sent Inquiry and found that I File is Undergoing Routine Background checks, Before interview I found that my Criminality: Passed , Medical : Passed and Do not know about Security.

JamesBox

Star Member
Jan 15, 2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
I posted this in the Outland April thread but feel it's important for a few people, so here it is again.

April Outland Commin Law Applicant - just had a phone call from CIC regarding SA.

They called my partner and mentioned the common law date we put on her forms were incorrect. The officer said she knows it's confusing but the common law date should be the day you moved in together not the date 12 month from the you moved in together. Luckily at this stage we just need to write a letter explaining we got the date wrong and post it to A PO Box address.

This is the totally opposite of what I've read on this and other forums!! But we'll do as they ask.

Anyone else heard of this?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JamesBox said:
I posted this in the Outland April thread but feel it's important for a few people, so here it is again.

April Outland Commin Law Applicant - just had a phone call from CIC regarding SA.

They called my partner and mentioned the common law date we put on her forms were incorrect. The officer said she knows it's confusing but the common law date should be the day you moved in together not the date 12 month from the you moved in together. Luckily at this stage we just need to write a letter explaining we got the date wrong and post it to A PO Box address.

This is the totally opposite of what I've read on this and other forums!! But we'll do as they ask.

Anyone else heard of this?
Yet another example of bad information from CIC...geez!

Sirenane

Star Member
Oct 29, 2015
Málaga, Spain
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
Doc's Request.
18-05-2016
AOR Received.
20-04-2016
Med's Request
04-08-2016
Med's Done....
19-08-2016
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
COPR - 30-09-2016
LANDED..........
16-12-2016
k.kaur said:
we applied gcms notes twice..through which we came to know about eligibility passed ND security ND criminality not started....what we do now
I would go to your MP and see if they can help you get some answers from CIC.

JamesBox

Star Member
Jan 15, 2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
Ponga said:
Yet another example of bad information from CIC...geez!
Hi Ponga, the thing that is confusing us the most is the officer referred to the sponsor forms and they called the sponsor - I've check those forms again and unless I'm missing it, I'm pretty sure they don't ask for the common law date on those.

Aren't they just on the applicant forms?

Either way, I'll write the letter state the day we moved in together (1st March 2015) and state the date 12 months from then (1st March 2016) and hopefully that will be sufficient.

Any more advice is more than welcomed!!

lilua

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello,

I would like to apply for spousal sponsor. my wife is a Canadian citizen but she is now residing at Bangladesh with me for last almost 20 months. what is your suggestion, is it good to apply from outside Canada or my wife go to Canada and apply from inside?

-from outside Canada the problem is that she has to provide proof that she will start residing in Canada after my PR is approved. In doing so she needs to arrange housing agreement, arrange job offer etc. though it can be arranged through contacting friends over there but it would only to satisfy the visa office because no genuine agreement will not wait for us to move after 19 months and stay at their place. so it is all like arranging for sake of arranging.in other words these are not really genuine. for job offer same thing prevails. my wife can arrange a letter from her previous employer a letter that he will give him job once is in inland. does that suffice? so that have any potential danger of delaying the process?

-we are married for 23 years and we have a son of 18+ (is a Canadian citizen). i was a pr but about to loss the pr due to non residency.do i need to provide photos of our marriage,chat logs etc.as we have already lived in Canada as a PR. we can provide those information but i am just asking whether we are little better of as we had our file processed earlier as a pr where she was my wife and now again is processing spousal sponsor.Whether the photos, chat logs can be given electronically that is in a CD or pen drive or we have to give hard copy?

- regarding police requirement what is the requirement? should it be most recent or three months old police clearance will do?

- i have us visitor visa. can my application be processed through us processing center. what is the timeline for us processing center, i want to expedite the processing.
-Schedule A - Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) - You and each of your family members 18
years of age or older must complete their own copy of this form. If my family members are not included in the application do they need to complete the Schedule A
- My spouse is my first cousin. We are meeting each other from our childhood. however our romantic relationship started from 1991.
What should enter in the for IMM5590E as 'When did you first contact your sponsor?'. A date when we met as child or a date before our marriage took place?