+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

NinaInOT

May 20, 2016
Ponga said:
I suspect you will be asked for some sort of solid evidence, proving that you have lived together for at least one year. You probably have ample proof of your relationship, but you also need proof of having lived together. You don't have anything that CIC would accept to PROVE that.
I'd also like to add that his children lived with us for a year (and one currently still does)

NinaInOT

May 20, 2016
Happy007 said:
They need evidence for cohabiting for at least one year?
That's what you need if you're applying through common law spousal sponsorship, yes. We have proof of our relationship, just not enough proof that supports we've been living together for one consecutive year.

jomz

May 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
28-11-2013
File Transfer...
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
19-08-2013
Interview........
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014 inchallah
NinaInOT said:
That's what you need if you're applying through common law spousal sponsorship, yes. We have proof of our relationship, just not enough proof that supports we've been living together for one consecutive year.
I'm assuming that you are in canada as visitor, since originally coming here have you been applying for extensions? If yes copies of those applications would list your address in Ottawa, same address as your common law spouse, these can be added as proof of address. Also if you are not on the rental/lease in absence of having a rental agreement with both of you on it you can get a statement from the landlord confirming that you are and have been living at this residence since xx/xx/xxxx.

Stuntxd9

May 4, 2015
Visa Office......
KNGVO
App. Filed.......
April 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
Hi guys,
So we received AOR1 and no SA as yet..I'm just wondering if I could send an email to CPC Mississauga to add proof of RPRF payment?

Thanks

Cedrik

May 21, 2016
Just a quick question... how intense are the officials about the definition of "common-law"? I've been living together with my girlfriend since the end of December 2015 and we've been physically together ever since, though not in Canada - we have proof of that thanks to pictures and plane tickets. We're coming back to Canada in a couple of weeks together. However we don't have any mortgages, credit card statements, loans or other stuff of that nature showing the same address. Should we absolutely wait for the very first day that we can show some of these proofs? Or is our documentation solid enough as it is?

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
Cedrik said:
Just a quick question... how intense are the officials about the definition of "common-law"? I've been living together with my girlfriend since the end of December 2015 and we've been physically together ever since, though not in Canada - we have proof of that thanks to pictures and plane tickets. We're coming back to Canada in a couple of weeks together. However we don't have any mortgages, credit card statements, loans or other stuff of that nature showing the same address. Should we absolutely wait for the very first day that we can show some of these proofs? Or is our documentation solid enough as it is?
You can be common-law and live in other countries too. However, you still need concrete proof that you have lived together, such as an apartment lease together, joint bank accounts, statements or bills showing that both of you live at the same address, etc. I'm fairly certain plane tickets and pictures won't be enough.

Cedrik

May 21, 2016
Decoy24601 said:
You can be common-law and live in other countries too. However, you still need concrete proof that you have lived together, such as an apartment lease together, joint bank accounts, statements or bills showing that both of you live at the same address, etc. I'm fairly certain plane tickets and pictures won't be enough.
This answers my question perfectly. Thank you for this

IRONMAN7777

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2015
AOR Received.
JAN 2016
File Transfer...
JAN 2016
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
OCT 2015
Interview........
Unknown
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
imran364 said:
any applicant from United Arab Emirates?
Hi.

I am an applicant from United Arab Emirates. Spouse Sponsorship.

mappledream

Dec 27, 2014
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-10-2014
Nomination.....
15-01-2015
AOR Received.
18-02-2015
Med's Request
07-07-2015
Med's Done....
11-07-2015
Passport Req..
03-08-2015
Hi all,

I am sorry to bother you. I am a primary applicant of FSW-2014 and got visa for me, my wife and an infant baby.

Our visas will expire on July 2016. i am planning to land alone in June 2016. For some reason my wife and baby cant land in Ca with me now. Hence, their visa will hence expire after July 2016.

My question, will there be any complexity if I want to sponsor them after 1/2 years?

Thank you

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
mappledream said:
Our visas will expire on July 2016. i am planning to land alone in June 2016. For some reason my wife and baby cant land in Ca with me now. Hence, their visa will hence expire after July 2016.

My question, will there be any complexity if I want to sponsor them after 1/2 years?
You will be able to sponsor them without issue. However, you will be required to reside in Canada throughout the entire sponsorship process, so you may be away from them for quite some time.

If there is any way for them to land now, you really should try for it.

dania12

Aug 6, 2014
Hi,
Hope you are good. I have a query i live in Canada on PR. My baby is born here last year. And my husband is in Pakistan and serving Navy as government officer. The problem is he requested for resign from Navy and they are not giving permission for resign and I cant apply for his sponsership until he get his resign. I applied for visit visa when my baby was born in january 2015 but Canada refused his visit visa. Can you plz help me out in this situation do I try for visit visa again? And do canada will ask me why m not sponsoring him.

thanks alot.

dev_123

Aug 29, 2015
GUJARAT
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-JUNE-2015
AOR Received.
17-JULY-2015
File Transfer...
21-AUG-2015
Med's Request
Waiting like anything for this......
Med's Done....
13-APRIL-2015 (UPFRONT)
Interview........
12/10/2016
Passport Req..
Waiting....
VISA ISSUED...
waiting....
LANDED..........
waiting....
dania12 said:
Hi,
Hope you are good. I have a query i live in Canada on PR. My baby is born here last year. And my husband is in Pakistan and serving Navy as government officer. The problem is he requested for resign from Navy and they are not giving permission for resign and I cant apply for his sponsership until he get his resign. I applied for visit visa when my baby was born in january 2015 but Canada refused his visit visa. Can you plz help me out in this situation do I try for visit visa again? And do canada will ask me why m not sponsoring him.

thanks alot.
Yes apply for his visitors visa again, I think due to military background they might have problem with sponsorship but visitors visa might be OK for him.

If you get refusal again then you can visit him because it will clearly indicates that they will not provide him visitors visa due to his military background.

Hope it helps.

inopane04

May 18, 2016
Hi guys just want to ask if do i still need to attach or send with my application package those forms that are "not applicable" for me like the Use of a Representative form and Statutory Declaration of Common Law Union form..

Thank you :) ;) :D