04-08-2016 (second medicals)
Med's Done....
Upfront, second medicals 11-08-2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
31-08-2016
Need opinions on my husband's case...

We submitted our overall spousal sponsorship June 2015 and it went to Vienna etc January 19, 2016 they requested an ARC from him, he has a 1 yr exclusion order since March 19, 2015, the day he left. On Feb 22 they received our application. My husband's exclusion order is now expired and we have been waiting for the ARC for about 3 months now. We are considering withdrawing our application and just start a new spousal sponsorship since his exclusion order is done and that it may be quicker since we are reading that the ARC can take up to another year. And that if we start a new application we won need an ARC. Has anyone done this also or spoken to your lawyer about it or heard of it being done? Your advise and opinions are appreciated.

lyrehc09

Feb 19, 2016
But im still eligible to sponsor my husband? Im not on welfare though... I worked as a parttime and receiving disability benefits from my insurance.. Does it matter if i have cancer to sponsor my husband? Tnx

TryCanada

May 12, 2016
My Canadian friend married to Indian girl in January 2016 and applied for spousal visa on April 2, 2016. His wife received email on May 15, 2016 from visa office to submit her passport and photos. She submitted her passport to VSF and VSF said she would receive her passport within 3 weeks. Is this normal?

amans2515

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
AOR Received.
07-05-2016
File Transfer...
Started processing 13 June 2016
Med's Request
AOR 2: 22-06-2016
TryCanada said:
My Canadian friend married to Indian girl in January 2016 and applied for spousal visa on April 2, 2016. His wife received email on May 15, 2016 from visa office to submit her passport and photos. She submitted her passport to VSF and VSF said she would receive her passport within 3 weeks. Is this normal?
I guess.. this is normal!!

erable_rouge

Mar 5, 2014
Ontario
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
Doc's Request.
05-31-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1:- 1 June 2016 ; AOR2:- 29 June 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
LANDED..........
3 Aug 2017
TryCanada said:
it's a visitor visa approved for an online application. They ave asked for the passport for the visa to be issued... It is normal!

jaivikpatel

Oct 17, 2015
AHMEDABAD
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-NOV-15
Hii everyone,

I got a PR recently and shall land in june.
Meanwhile can I launch a sponsorship application for my spouse?
Can I take her as a visitor (Temporary resident)?

Since the processing time is too long I want her to be there with me as soon as possible.
Experts please advice on the best possible way.

nartcr

Dec 13, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 16 2016
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
AOR Received.
AOR1: June 6 2016 SA: July 20 2016 AOR2: Sep 1 2016 PGR Request: Sep 27 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
ECAS shows in process status
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
May 3 2016
Passport Req..
Jan 6 2017 Sent Jan 10 2017 Rvcd Jan 20 2017
LANDED..........
March 5 2017 - Vancouver
jaivikpatel said:
Hii everyone,

Since the processing time is too long I want her to be there with me as soon as possible.

However what is your case? When were you married? Did you declare her as your spouse ?
Yes you can start gathering the paperwork and proof. This is normally the time consuming part. however, you need to be present in Canada when you are sponsoring her. You would need an Canadian address , phone number , SIN , tax proof for previous 1 year, and if possible, your future employment letter or contract details. You don't necessarily need a job to sponsor your spouse, if that's the case, you would need to explain to immigration how you plan to support yourselves and your spouse.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jaivikpatel said:
Hii everyone,

Did you declare her as being non-accompanying, in your own PR application?

If you did NOT declare her, you must add her to your application NOW, or you will never be able to sponsor her. This means returning your COPR document and waiting for CIC to process her, before either of you land!

TryCanada

May 12, 2016
erable_rouge said:
it's a visitor visa approved for an online application. They ave asked for the passport for the visa to be issued... It is normal!
It is not visitors visa. It is spousal application for PR. I am surprised to see passport request just after a month and few days! Does it mean that my friend's wife got decision that early? If yes, it is awesome.

erable_rouge

Mar 5, 2014
Ontario
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
Doc's Request.
05-31-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1:- 1 June 2016 ; AOR2:- 29 June 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
LANDED..........
3 Aug 2017
TryCanada said:
It is not visitors visa. It is spousal application for PR. I am surprised to see passport request just after a month and few days! Does it mean that my friend's wife got decision that early? If yes, it is awesome.
Well, in the initial quote it is mentioned, it's a spousal visa.

Now, knowing it is a spousal sponsorship application for PR, it seems to me that the processing times have reduced for 'outland applications' for certain visa offices. New Delhi applicants have already reported 2/3 months processing times.

It is indeed a pleasant surprise. Feel happy for her!

NinaInOT

May 20, 2016
Hello everyone, first time poster here.
I'm in the process of gathering all the proof of my relationship with my Canadian common law spouse and I have a few questions that maybe someone could help me with.

After reading on the CIC website in regards to how to go about proof, I.E - proof of shared rental property, shared bank accounts, shared credit cards, shared bills.... we have NONE of those things.

The only proof we truly have that our relationship is genuine are the thousands of emails and chat logs we have that we maintained from December of 2010 to October of 2013 (when I first moved here to Ottawa to be with him) since being here in Ottawa (from Oregon) the only other proof I have of us living together for a year + besides the testimonies of his two teenage children and EX-wife, are the e-transfers that he would send me every week/two weeks to get personal items, usually around $300, some bank statements addressed to me here, my plane tickets from the first few times I flew out here (he even paid for one of the flights) and a few pictures from MTL and Niagara Falls of us together. That is literally ALL the proof we have. Also some proof from friends and family but again, that's it. Is that enough? I do apologize for the long run on sentence. At this point I can't be added to the rental lease for reasons I cannot mention. The real proof however, is in our correspondents. We maintained a two year long distance relationship and that shows in our emails and chat logs. Would CIC even bother to read any of it? I also have proof that he purchased me electronics that were intended for school.... laptop, iPhone, etc... he and his EX had a nasty split so she took just about everything so that often left limitations on him resulting in limitations on us. But again, no real legal documents shared.

What other proof could I possible gather before sending off our application?

Sirenane

Star Member
Oct 29, 2015
Málaga, Spain
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
Doc's Request.
18-05-2016
AOR Received.
20-04-2016
Med's Request
04-08-2016
Med's Done....
19-08-2016
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
COPR - 30-09-2016
LANDED..........
16-12-2016
NinaInOT said:
I'm in the process of gathering all the proof of my relationship with my Canadian common law spouse and I have a few questions that maybe someone could help me with.

After reading on the CIC website in regards to how to go about proof, I.E - proof of shared rental property, shared bank accounts, shared credit cards, shared bills.... we have NONE of those things.

The only proof we truly have that our relationship is genuine are the thousands of emails and chat logs we have that we maintained from December of 2010 to October of 2013 (when I first moved here to Ottawa to be with him) since being here in Ottawa (from Oregon) the only other proof I have of us living together for a year + besides the testimonies of his two teenage children and EX-wife, are the e-transfers that he would send me every week/two weeks to get personal items, usually around $300, some bank statements addressed to me here, my plane tickets from the first few times I flew out here (he even paid for one of the flights) and a few pictures from MTL and Niagara Falls of us together. That is literally ALL the proof we have. Also some proof from friends and family but again, that's it. Is that enough? I do apologize for the long run on sentence. At this point I can't be added to the rental lease for reasons I cannot mention. The real proof however, is in our correspondents. We maintained a two year long distance relationship and that shows in our emails and chat logs. Would CIC even bother to read any of it? I also have proof that he purchased me electronics that were intended for school.... laptop, iPhone, etc... he and his EX had a nasty split so she took just about everything so that often left limitations on him resulting in limitations on us. But again, no real legal documents shared.

NinaInOT, any kind of correspondence that has come in regular mail in your name (with the same address)... personal letters from family or friends, doctor visits that would have you on file, gym membership, driver's licence notification, cell phone bill, store advertising in your name (I have a Yves Rocher store card and they send me monthly specials). Think of anything of where you have had to leave your address to purchase something, even if you don't have the receipt go back to the store to see if they can pull your records.
When you have all that you can find and think it's not enough, I would write a letter stating your situation and as to why there are only a few documents to show you have been living together.
Hope that helps, good luck!

NinaInOT

May 20, 2016
Sirenane said:
NinaInOT, any kind of correspondence that has come in regular mail in your name (with the same address)... personal letters from family or friends, doctor visits that would have you on file, gym membership, driver's licence notification, cell phone bill, store advertising in your name (I have a Yves Rocher store card and they send me monthly specials). Think of anything of where you have had to leave your address to purchase something, even if you don't have the receipt go back to the store to see if they can pull your records.
When you have all that you can find and think it's not enough, I would write a letter stating your situation and as to why there are only a few documents to show you have been living together.
Hope that helps, good luck!

I just went through a few bank statements from my BOA account I opened while visiting family back in the states in May of 2014. I set up the account so the statements would be sent to my address here in Ottawa. It not only shows a year of purchases I made here in Ottawa, (which includes household purchases) but it also shows that my family was also supporting me (making deposits into my account) from Oregon every other month. Would this be a big help with our proof? I'm really trying to find and use anything that I can. I should mention the correspondents were through email only. My boyfriend does have a "letter" that I sent him in the mail with a package. I could use that along with the email mentioning the package so it's correlated corrected?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NinaInOT said:

I suspect you will be asked for some sort of solid evidence, proving that you have lived together for at least one year. You probably have ample proof of your relationship, but you also need proof of having lived together. You don't have anything that CIC would accept to PROVE that.

NinaInOT

May 20, 2016
Ponga said:
I suspect you will be asked for some sort of solid evidence, proving that you have lived together for at least one year. You probably have ample proof of your relationship, but you also need proof of having lived together. You don't have anything that CIC would accept to PROVE that.
That is quite disheartening to hear. Not even a sworn affidavit from his two (late teen) children and EX-wife? close friends and family? I believe he has proof of me on his phone bill, but nothing joint. :(