Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
snow_ski said:
I got my PR last year, then this year January, 2016 I flew back from Toronto to my home country and got married.
My husband is a green card holder, lives in USA and flew back to USA one day after the marriage. I am still in my home country though and planning to fly back to Canada soon.
----Please recommend me whether I should do the application to add my husband from here or I should wait till I fly back to canada? Is my application going to be considered as inland or outland application?
----Is it going to be a problem if I go and stay in USA with my husband as a tourist after I do the application?
since you already landed as a pr, you can't add your husband to YOUR application that has already been processed and approved. you will need to start a whole new application and sponsor him through the spousal sponsorship stream. as a PR, you can only do this while you are living in canada. He can be in or out of canada during this time. Outland is usually the best and quickest option for US applicants. While most outland applications from the US are processed quickly, those who are not US citizens don't necessarily have the same timeline. I think how quickly the application processes will depend on where he's originally from and how easy it will be for CIC to get the information they need about his history in his home country. US applications are processed in Ottawa so I would recommend looking for the ottawa thread and ask there if anyone has experience applying for spousal sponsorship for a us greencard holder and see what their experience has been like.

podaSK

Star Member
Mar 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2016
AOR Received.
26-08-2016
Passport Req..
16-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2016
LANDED..........
04-12-2016
Hi all,

My wife and I are putting together a sponsorship application at the moment. I am a Canadian citizen and she is from China, here in Canada as a student. We got married in late 2015 and have been putting together the sponsorship application in what little free time we have had over the last few months. She will finish her last course for her program at the end of June, but we are hoping to visit her family late April/early May while we both have time off. We are planning to make an outland application soon (perhaps done by April). I was wondering if there are any problems with this plan:
1. Submit the sponsorship application mid-April
2. Travel to China for a few weeks late April, coming back to Canada mid-May in time for her last class
3. She applies for a post graduate work permit in the summer after her last class so she can remain in Canada and work before there is a decision on PR

Is there any problem with applying for the post-grad work permit while the sponsorship application is in progress? And is there any potential problem with our plan to have a trip to China after submitting the application?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
podaSK said:
Is there any problem with applying for the post-grad work permit while the sponsorship application is in progress? And is there any potential problem with our plan to have a trip to China after submitting the application?
nope, none at all. she can apply for a post-grad work permit while her spousal sponsorship processes and there is no issue with you or her traveling after submitting the outland spousal sponsorship application.

podaSK

Star Member
Mar 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2016
AOR Received.
26-08-2016
Passport Req..
16-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2016
LANDED..........
04-12-2016
Fantastic! Thank you very much, CDNPR2014!

snow_ski

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I will be sponsoring my spouse who lives in USA (Green card holder) and I am a PR in Canada. Which forms are applicable for my situation? Should I go for link 1 or 2? Here are the links-

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
snow_ski said:
I will be sponsoring my spouse who lives in USA (Green card holder) and I am a PR in Canada. Which forms are applicable for my situation? Should I go for link 1 or 2? Here are the links-

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp is what you want.

Javed120

Star Member
Apr 18, 2014
Hello all.i am from bangladesh.my visa office singapore .i receive the 1st interview letter April 2014 .23 months gone no interview date .and my e case says in process .my wife lived in montreal.can any one help me plz.when I received the 1st letter of interview approximately time 24 months.now 1 months left.what can I do now plz brother & sister help me.any one receive the interview letter in April 2014 like me.thanks all

vkay

Aug 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI Everyone,
I am looking to sponsor my wife. I have canadian PR and living overseas, I understand that sponsorship application can be submitted only from inside Canada. Is it possible and legal that I go to Canada on short visit, file the application? and leave Canada until application is processed.

Thanks!

vijay1987

Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-2012 Refused 2014- Reopened Jan 2016
Med's Request
Jan-2016
Med's Done....
Feb-2016
Passport Req..
01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
5-2017
LANDED..........
Hoping soon
Hi Guys,

I need some help regarding my spouse application.

By Jan end Immigration requested to submit medical, Police clearance and updates schedule A form before feb 29. And i did medical last month and submitted all request documents on feb29. So i need know what will be the next? is they will ask any other document or is i hav any chance of rejection again?

Can i know y they asked us to submitted schedule A form with police clearance and medical?

And My ecas changed to medical received at the end of feb cause i did medical feb 1st week.

How long does they will take to reply me back? after i submitted all requested documents( which is police clearance and schedule A form submitted on feb 29). Its been 3 weeeks now...i am worrying too much. please someone help me on this?

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
vkay said:
HI Everyone,
I am looking to sponsor my wife. I have canadian PR and living overseas, I understand that sponsorship application can be submitted only from inside Canada. Is it possible and legal that I go to Canada on short visit, file the application? and leave Canada until application is processed.

Thanks!
No. As a PR, you must be residing in Canada thoughout the process.

m11nk

Aug 14, 2014
Hey my husband has applied for my immigration case in oct 2014.im currently visiting him canada on visit visa.i got multiple entry 1yr visit visa.we recieved email from london visa office and they require my police certificate and Additional family info form and Schedule A background form again..im very confused why they require this all again..please reply if anyone knows wat does this mean?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
m11nk said:
Hello everyone..my husband has PR and he has sponsored me..our case is in process since 2014 and we got email last week,they need police certificate,additional family info form and schedule background A form again..wat does this mean?they havent mentioned why they need again..Also im currently in canada on visitor visa
You posted the same question a month ago. Haven't you already sent them what they asked for (last month)?

For whatever reason, CIC needs (or thinks they need) this stuff, so you need to do something before you run out of time.

They probably told you you needed to submit it within 30 days, right?

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
vijay1987 said:
Hi Guys,

I need some help regarding my spouse application.

By Jan end Immigration requested to submit medical, Police clearance and updates schedule A form before feb 29. And i did medical last month and submitted all request documents on feb29. So i need know what will be the next? is they will ask any other document or is i hav any chance of rejection again?

Can i know y they asked us to submitted schedule A form with police clearance and medical?

And My ecas changed to medical received at the end of feb cause i did medical feb 1st week.

How long does they will take to reply me back? after i submitted all requested documents( which is police clearance and schedule A form submitted on feb 29). Its been 3 weeeks now...i am worrying too much. please someone help me on this?
m11nk said:
Hey my husband has applied for my immigration case in oct 2014.im currently visiting him canada on visit visa.i got multiple entry 1yr visit visa.we recieved email from london visa office and they require my police certificate and Additional family info form and Schedule A background form again..im very confused why they require this all again..please reply if anyone knows wat does this mean?
I remember last year people were getting additional doc requests for no real known reason, maybe to delay the applications? All you can do is send in the info they request and wait.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Akrk10 said:
Hello Everyone,

Can someone please suggest me on the following questions i have before submitting my PR application.

PR application planning: (NS PNP (CEC Inland) + spouse (Outland - India)

Q1) I'm on PGWP now(about to expire in 4 months) ,i'm planning to apply PR next month for me and my spouse together. i have a NS PNP and adding my spouse as a dependent while filing my PR. can anyone suggest me on the timeline that the application would be processed. i know mine would take around 5 -6 months given the current processing times, i wasn't sure on how many months my wife's application would be processed. will it be processed at the same time as my application or would it take 12-16 months as i'm adding her as an outland applicant? i'm submitting all the documents for me and my spouse upfront.

Q2) I got married last last month, do i have to inform anyone of my marriage or adding her as a dependent while filing for PR is Suffice?

Q3) I'm planning to apply a visiting visa for her before i apply for a PR, would it be a good idea to apply a visitor visa now and if it is rejected, would that impact my PR application process time?

kindly Suggest, Thanks!
You are posting to the wrong section of the forum. This section of the forum is for Canadian citizens and permanent residents who are sponsoring family members for PR. I would recommend you post your PNP questions to the Provincial Nomination section of the forum.