27-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2016
LANDED..........
Soon...
Aquakitty said:
Just send the message however they say to in the email (either by replying to the email or using the case-specific inquiry tool).
Thank you for your help! :)

shaffi.martinez

Feb 18, 2016
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-MAY-2016
Doc's Request.
(PGR) 28-SEPT-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1: 9-JUNE-2016, AOR2: 15-AUG-2016
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
Passport Req..
WAITING
Hi Everyone!

1. Can I the Sponsor, be the Use of a Representative for the applicant ? this way I can fill out my husbands forms on his behalf, as his English isn't the greatest.

2. For the Additional Family Information Form (IMM5406) does this only include dependant children or does my husband have to list all his family (mother, father, brothers, sisters, (and their kids))?

Thanks!

bm2015

Dec 1, 2015
Inland and applied for CSQ?
Hi all.. Please share your thoughts on this.
SInce my husband is a PR,he sponsored me (inland) and we applied from alberta. We moved to QUebec because of our jobs.
Has this happened to anyone????????
When CIC tells us to apply for CSQ for me, then should I apply through my employer????
SInce I studied in Canada, I already hold an open work permit which is about to expire, so when I apply for open work permit through spousal category will I need a CAQ????????

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
shaffi.martinez said:
1. Can I the Sponsor, be the Use of a Representative for the applicant ? this way I can fill out my husbands forms on his behalf, as his English isn't the greatest.

2. For the Additional Family Information Form (IMM5406) does this only include dependant children or does my husband have to list all his family (mother, father, brothers, sisters, (and their kids))?
1. Yes, you can be a representative.

2. The form specifies exactly who must be listed.

bm2015 said:
When CIC tells us to apply for CSQ for me, then should I apply through my employer????
SInce I studied in Canada, I already hold an open work permit which is about to expire, so when I apply for open work permit through spousal category will I need a CAQ????????
No, you don't apply for the CSQ through your employer. Your sponsor applies.

No, you will not need a CAQ.

missbenteuno

Feb 18, 2016
App. Filed.......
11-30-16
Doc's Request.
02-24-17
AOR Received.
12-08-16
File Transfer...
12-12-16
Med's Done....
09-18-16
ano po much better na proofs.. photo print po ba o layout sa laptop then print out nalang..Huh

sniper001

Feb 19, 2016
hi
I am new to this forum and I have a bit of problem. I got married in morocco by proxy as I couldn't be there for the ceremony and when I want to apply for the spousal sponsorship I found out that the proxy marriage is not acceptable in canada. if someone had heard something similar to my situation or has an idea how to help. I will be appreciative .
thanks a lot and I am looking for you replies

sniper001

Feb 19, 2016
hi I am in the same situation as you are and I am just wondering if you found a solution for your problem, if yes can you tell me what you did and help me

Shamz9

Jul 11, 2015
I applied for inland spousal sponsorship and open work permit in the same month. The open work permit was refused as they said that I have not applied for a spousal sponsorship. The spousal sponsorship application has been received at the CIC office and I have verified this from the courier service. My passport is also expiring soon which makes me worried, as I have heard that the validity of the work permit expires with the passport. I have written to the CIC twice to confirm the status of my spousal sponsorship application but they do not reply to the letters. Does anybody have any idea what should be done in my case. If my passport expires, would I be able to obtain a work permit?

ai_hopeful

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Doc's Request.
25-01-2016
AOR Received.
04-03-2016 SA 09-03-2016 AOR2 17-03-2016
Med's Done....
10-05-2015
Hi there

One question - is the AoR sent as a letter or an email or both? My husband is Canadian but he is working overseas... he is waiting for the AoR for us before he can quit as we don't wanna miss the letter and screw up everything.

Thanks for your answer.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Shamz9 said:
I applied for inland spousal sponsorship and open work permit in the same month. The open work permit was refused as they said that I have not applied for a spousal sponsorship. The spousal sponsorship application has been received at the CIC office and I have verified this from the courier service. My passport is also expiring soon which makes me worried, as I have heard that the validity of the work permit expires with the passport. I have written to the CIC twice to confirm the status of my spousal sponsorship application but they do not reply to the letters. Does anybody have any idea what should be done in my case. If my passport expires, would I be able to obtain a work permit?
Did you send your spousal sponsorship and open work permit together in the same package? If not - that's most likely why your OWP was refused. You should have mailed them in together. Do you still have valid status in Canada?

murtazaa75

Sep 20, 2015
Hey guys

CIC says 17 months is required time for all outland Spousal sponsorship cases .... does this apply equally on all visa offices .... I mean 17 months is a lot of time.... :(

sunshinemrc

Dec 16, 2013
sniper001 said:
hi
I am new to this forum and I have a bit of problem. I got married in morocco by proxy as I couldn't be there for the ceremony and when I want to apply for the spousal sponsorship I found out that the proxy marriage is not acceptable in canada. if someone had heard something similar to my situation or has an idea how to help. I will be appreciative .
thanks a lot and I am looking for you replies
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2015/ob613.asp

Proxy marriage is no longer accepted for immigration purposes. You will need to annul the proxy marriage and re-marry in presence in order to obtain a marriage certificate acceptable to CIC and recognized by Canada.

jrseee

Star Member
Jan 11, 2010
Hi folks:
I need some info in re to the status of spouse once sponsorship application is submitted and police clearance certificate (PCC).
We started preparing inland sponsorship application for my wife as she is currently on a study permit in Canada and may require another year to finish her study. Let's say if we also include an open work permit application with her sponsorship application, and if it's granted, what would be her status in Canada (as then, she would have both study permit and OWP)? Is it allowed at all?

Also, she had an old PCC issued from the country of origin when she first came to Canada. I was wondering whether she would need a new one. I don't seem to find anywhere in CIC website that says an old PCC can not be used or within certain time frame for that matter, except for the country where the applicant currently lives in. Please see below the excerpt from CIC website:

"For the country you currently live in, the police certificate must be issued no more than six months before you apply.

For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country."

As I understand, we don't need to include PCC from Canada as they can obtain it. However, I'm confused whether she would still need a new PCC from the country of origin.

I would appreciate if you guys can shed some light on these. Thanks!

jrseee

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
murtazaa75 said:
Hey guys

CIC says 17 months is required time for all outland Spousal sponsorship cases .... does this apply equally on all visa offices .... I mean 17 months is a lot of time.... :(
17 months is, for all intents and purposes, completely meaningless. The actual time depends on your personal situation first, and VO second. Your country of citizenship is also a factor. If your application is LVO and you are a british citizen, you can expect 9-12 months total.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
jrseee said:
Hi folks:
I need some info in re to the status of spouse once sponsorship application is submitted and police clearance certificate (PCC).
We started preparing inland sponsorship application for my wife as she is currently on a study permit in Canada and may require another year to finish her study. Let's say if we also include an open work permit application with her sponsorship application, and if it's granted, what would be her status in Canada (as then, she would have both study permit and OWP)? Is it allowed at all?

Also, she had an old PCC issued from the country of origin when she first came to Canada. I was wondering whether she would need a new one. I don't seem to find anywhere in CIC website that says an old PCC can not be used or within certain time frame for that matter, except for the country where the applicant currently lives in. Please see below the excerpt from CIC website:

"For the country you currently live in, the police certificate must be issued no more than six months before you apply.

For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country."

As I understand, we don't need to include PCC from Canada as they can obtain it. However, I'm confused whether she would still need a new PCC from the country of origin.

I would appreciate if you guys can shed some light on these. Thanks!

jrseee
You can only have one or the other (study permit or OWP). If she obtains an OWP, it will void the study permit.

She doesn't need another PCC if she has not lived in that country since she obtained it.

If she has a study permit already, applying outland would probably be a much smarter way to go, since status is not an issue. She can finish her studies while she waits for PR. They might just send her app to Ottawa since she is studying in Canada.