Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Siempreamor said:
at this time, the only document we're able to submit for his son is his birth certificate. We are waiting to receive it in order to forward it to CIC. Does this create more of a delay with our application if my husband is unable to obtain a medical exam for his son?
What we can do in this particular scenario? Please help us. Thank you.
If he ever wants to be able to sponsor his son in the future, he must get a medical exam. Or, he can NEVER sponsor his son. I don't know how CIC handles this, if they will request a medical or not.

I know some people have created affidavits that state they are aware they can never sponsor their minor child and to proceed with the application without the child's medical.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Siempreamor said:
at this time, the only document we're able to submit for his son is his birth certificate. We are waiting to receive it in order to forward it to CIC. Does this create more of a delay with our application if my husband is unable to obtain a medical exam for his son?
What we can do in this particular scenario? Please help us. Thank you.
Yes, this will probably cause your app to be delayed. CIC does not like excluding minor children, as it's a very final decision. You should expect that they will request a medical for the child.

Your husband really should try to get the child to have a medical and be included in the app. If anything were to ever happens to the mother and he wants to bring the child to Canada, this is the only way.

If the mother has full custody and refuses to allow the medical, try to get proof of that refusal. Your husband should prepare a notarized declaration explaining that he understands that by being excluded, the child will never be able to be sponsored.

Amalia.S

Jun 25, 2015
Hello everyone!

My husband and i applied outland for spousal sponsorship and our application will soon be sent to Rome, Italy.
I have read in this thread that some people had to send their passport to the visa office.
I was wondering if you have more information on that matter, most importantly, how long do they keep it for.
I m currently in Canada but planning to travel back home to Greece around June for a couple of months.
Is there another way to travel without my passport in this case?

I am really worried about it, so any information would really help!
Thank you very much!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Amalia.S said:
My husband and i applied outland for spousal sponsorship and our application will soon be sent to Rome, Italy.
I have read in this thread that some people had to send their passport to the visa office.
I was wondering if you have more information on that matter, most importantly, how long do they keep it for.
I m currently in Canada but planning to travel back home to Greece around June for a couple of months.
Is there another way to travel without my passport in this case?
If you are from Greece, CIC will not need your passport.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Amalia.S said:
canuck_in_uk a million times thank you a huge weight has been lifted!!!!
The most they will ask for is photocopies of the passport pages.

Feb 17, 2016
Banff
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2016
IELTS Request
07-07-2016
Med's Request
07-07-2016
Med's Done....
11-07-2016
Passport Req..
01-12-2016
LANDED..........
17-12-2016
Hey everyone! I have a question. My (canadian) girlfriend and I (australian) are applying for common law sponsorship. I am assuming that the best option would be outland but I have seen in the cic website about getting an open work permit while the application is in process. It says you have to apply from within canada. Does this mean that once we have submitted our application I would be able to enter canada as a visitor and then apply for the permit? Would I be able to apply for the permit at the border? She is currently in australia with me and her visa expires in april. I don't want to spend a whole year apart!! That would be torture! Any help on this would be very much appreciated!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
benjaminbutton21 said:
Hey everyone! I have a question. My (canadian) girlfriend and I (australian) are applying for common law sponsorship. I am assuming that the best option would be outland but I have seen in the cic website about getting an open work permit while the application is in process. It says you have to apply from within canada. Does this mean that once we have submitted our application I would be able to enter canada as a visitor and then apply for the permit? Would I be able to apply for the permit at the border? She is currently in australia with me and her visa expires in april. I don't want to spend a whole year apart!! That would be torture! Any help on this would be very much appreciated!
Yes - outland is the best option for you. There is no open work permit granted as part of the outland process (open work permits are only granted if you apply inland). You can visit but not work.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
benjaminbutton21 said:
Don't be tempted by the open work permit. She can "visit" with you in Canada while you apply outland, she just can't work. Her application for outland will probably go to Sydney which is a fast VO.

canadausa#11

Jan 5, 2016
No point applying inland for the work permit which takes 4-5 months when through the Sydney office the whole PR process will most likely only take 5-7 months. Even if it goes to Ottawa it will likely only be a couple extra months.

kristiina89

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Hi! I am going to submit my application in this program (inland) in this month. I am going also to apply OWP. Currently I am in Canada with working & holiday visa and it will expires in July 2016. Is this February a good time to submit application or can I do it later?
Do I also need to apply visitor visa to having status while waiting answer from CIC? It takes 6 months to get answer is my sponsor applicable to be my sponsor so that means my current visa runs out while waiting answer?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kristiina89 said:
Hi! I am going to submit my application in this program (inland) in this month. I am going also to apply OWP. Currently I am in Canada with working & holiday visa and it will expires in July 2016. Is this February a good time to submit application or can I do it later?
Do I also need to apply visitor visa to having status while waiting answer from CIC? It takes 6 months to get answer is my sponsor applicable to be my sponsor so that means my current visa runs out while waiting answer?
It takes a lot longer than 6 months for an Inland applicant to get sponsor approval...more like ~18 months.

If you submit an Inland application along with an OWP (at the same time), you will be covered under Implied Status. However, if your application and/or OWP are returned because they are incomplete (outdated form(s), missing signature(s), incorrect payment amount [OWP is $255, but some people only pay $155]), your status would be in jeopardy.

tgastt

Jan 22, 2016
Re: online payment for Spousal sponsorship and dependant child

hi Sir/Madam.

I want to ask about the online payment. I have a wife and I kid and im a permanent resident. im apllying for family sponsorship... what should I pay

Sponsorship application (per application).. 1
Principal applicant..... 1
Spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner of the principal applicant, or where a transitional provision applies, a family member of the principal applicant who is 22 years of age or older ...... 1
Right of Permanent Residence Fee ..... 2

can somebody verify this? Im a littlebit of confused..

thanks for the help, very appreciated..

kristiina89

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Thank you. Oh I meant it takes about 6 months to get any answer from CIC?

I know there could be some issues (for example my passport expires in November 2016, but I am going to renew it in next month and send immediately new copy of it to CIC, and need to do medical examination). So should I alongside with sponsorship and OWP applications also to apply visitor visa, just for in case? I am afraid of something goes wrong and suddenly being without status.
Or do I just wait and if I don't hear anything from CIC like month before my current visa expires, then I apply visitor visa while being in Canada? There in CIC site is something about 30 days I should apply it.

Ponga said:
It takes a lot longer than 6 months for an Inland applicant to get sponsor approval...more like ~18 months.

If you submit an Inland application along with an OWP (at the same time), you will be covered under Implied Status. However, if your application and/or OWP are returned because they are incomplete (outdated form(s), missing signature(s), incorrect payment amount [OWP is $255, but some people only pay $155]), your status would be in jeopardy.