+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Siempreamor

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
Siempreamor said:
Hi! I need some advise and would be very much appreciate. I'm Canadian and sponsoring my husband via the Outland sponsorship application. We are in permanent residency in progress part of the application. We finally found out about what the correspondence stated. My husband has a son from previous relationship and CIC is asking for his son's certificate.
I was wondering that once we submit his son's birth certificate, how much longer does it take. One more question is regarding medical exam. We had submitted my husband's medical exam At the beginning when submitted our application in February and we're being asked to submit this again. Does the medical exam expire?
Please give us some advise. Thank you. We would very much aopreciate your assistance.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Siempreamor said:
Hi! I need some advise and would be very much appreciate. I'm Canadian and sponsoring my husband via the Outland sponsorship application. We are in permanent residency in progress part of the application. We finally found out about what the correspondence stated. My husband has a son from previous relationship and CIC is asking for his son's certificate.
I was wondering that once we submit his son's birth certificate, how much longer does it take. One more question is regarding medical exam. We had submitted my husband's medical exam At the beginning when submitted our application in February and we're being asked to submit this again. Does the medical exam expire?
Please give us some advise. Thank you. We would very much aopreciate your assistance.
Yes it does expire after 1 year, sometimes the VO will extend the medical, but other times they request a re-medical.

Regarding your husband's son... Did his son get a medical exam? He will have to get his own medical exam, or your husband will never be able to sponsor him in the future.

Siempreamor

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
Hi! Thank you for your reply. My husband's son hasn't had his medical exam. He will not be included in the application. We will submit his birth certificate as requested.
How close are we with regards to finalizing my husband's permanent residency? Please give us your input. Thank you.

betonjara88

Jan 21, 2016
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1 09/03/2016 SA 15/03/2016 AOR2 21/03/2016
File Transfer...
18/03/2016
Med's Done....
23/11/2015 upfront
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
14/06/2016
Can someone tell me if CIC send me email asking for additional document is my application counting days start againg or they keep on from first delivery? This is what i recived....

Your application is incomplete; you will find details of the item(s) that are missing from this
application below:
• You must provide a current, SIGNED and completed Additional Family Information
(IMM5406). This form should be completed for the Principal Applicant (regardless of age) and all
dependents aged 18 and over that are listed on the Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM0008),
whether accompanying or not. For further instructions, refer to the CIC Website .cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/index.asp and select the appropriate Family
Class category under “Immigrate to Canada Permanently” to access general and region-specific
instruction guides and immigration forms.

Thyobear

Dec 2, 2014
Hi Everyone,

I'm about to return to Canada with my wife (using her TRV) and I'm wondering if it's okay to list our mailing address as the one in Canada while including an explanation. I'm thinking I should probably do it this way because firstly, we wouldn't need to include Chinese mailing address labels and also, upon return to Canada, I wouldn't have to send them my updated address which potentially will lengthen her process. We are planning on sending the application out in the next few days (preferably before we leave).

Thank you for help!

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
betonjara88 said:
Can someone tell me if CIC send me email asking for additional document is my application counting days start againg or they keep on from first delivery? This is what i recived....

Your application is incomplete; you will find details of the item(s) that are missing from this
application below:
• You must provide a current, SIGNED and completed Additional Family Information
(IMM5406). This form should be completed for the Principal Applicant (regardless of age) and all
dependents aged 18 and over that are listed on the Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM0008),
whether accompanying or not. For further instructions, refer to the CIC Website .cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/index.asp and select the appropriate Family
Class category under “Immigrate to Canada Permanently” to access general and region-specific
instruction guides and immigration forms.
Usually this will add a bit of a delay. There is no way to know exactly how long. Just get the docs in as fast as you can. You won't be going back to the beginning of the pile though.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Thyobear said:
Hi Everyone,

I'm about to return to Canada with my wife (using her TRV) and I'm wondering if it's okay to list our mailing address as the one in Canada while including an explanation. I'm thinking I should probably do it this way because firstly, we wouldn't need to include Chinese mailing address labels and also, upon return to Canada, I wouldn't have to send them my updated address which potentially will lengthen her process. We are planning on sending the application out in the next few days (preferably before we leave).

Thank you for help!
That's fine, but you MUST provide a Use of a Representative form (IMM 5476) filled out by you (you being the representative). CIC has been known to send back applications with the sponsor's mailing address even when the sponsor and applicant are living together. This is probably because people put a different residential address from their mailing address, but to be safe, just give them this form.

hasingh.ca

Feb 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 March 2016
AOR Received.
18 April 2016
File Transfer...
02 April 2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
Sep 12
VISA ISSUED...
Very Soon
LANDED..........
Very Soon
Hi ,

What are the expected timelines for Spouse sponsorship (Whole process until Visa) with respect to NDVO ? If anybody has any idea please let me know .

Thanks

betonjara88

Jan 21, 2016
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1 09/03/2016 SA 15/03/2016 AOR2 21/03/2016
File Transfer...
18/03/2016
Med's Done....
23/11/2015 upfront
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
14/06/2016
Aquakitty said:
Usually this will add a bit of a delay. There is no way to know exactly how long. Just get the docs in as fast as you can. You won't be going back to the beginning of the pile though.
first time they recived my appl on 5th january and on 22th january they asked for IMM5406 i already sent back docs on 29th january and they recived it... and i hope that is the only paper missing now waiting for 62 days ::)

Coolnspicy

Nov 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/02/2016
Nomination.....
CSQ ISSUED 25/04/2016
AOR Received.
18/03/2016, SA Recieved 22/03/2016
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
Passport Req..
26/10/2016
Sent my package to CIC today praying for quick response.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Siempreamor said:
Hi! Thank you for your reply. My husband's son hasn't had his medical exam. He will not be included in the application. We will submit his birth certificate as requested.
How close are we with regards to finalizing my husband's permanent residency? Please give us your input. Thank you.
What documentation did your husband submit regarding excluding the child from his application?

farhana766

Feb 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/06/2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11/08/2014
Med's Request
19/04/2016
Med's Done....
23/04/2016
Interview........
14/03/2016
Passport Req..
03/05/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Date Of Issue 13/05/2016 And Date Expiration 23/04/2017
LANDED..........
08/09/2016
canuck_in_uk said:
What documentation did your husband submit regarding excluding the child from his application?
Hello,
Can any one help me to write a cover letter to Canadian spouse visa purpose. I want to send them my ongoing relationship proof. So how can I write them a cover letter. Please help me if any one know about it.

Coolnspicy

Nov 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/02/2016
Nomination.....
CSQ ISSUED 25/04/2016
AOR Received.
18/03/2016, SA Recieved 22/03/2016
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
Passport Req..
26/10/2016
farhana766 said:
Hello,
Can any one help me to write a cover letter to Canadian spouse visa purpose. I want to send them my ongoing relationship proof. So how can I write them a cover letter. Please help me if any one know about it.
Writing letter of that nature I guess has its peculiarity as your case may surely be different from another person's.
I think you should just write it the way it is and as long as the relationship is genuine, the story will naturally flow and also very be convincing.
No one can explain your situation better than you .

Siempreamor

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
at this time, the only document we're able to submit for his son is his birth certificate. We are waiting to receive it in order to forward it to CIC. Does this create more of a delay with our application if my husband is unable to obtain a medical exam for his son?
What we can do in this particular scenario? Please help us. Thank you.

rmv

Star Member
Dec 15, 2015
How I change marital status? To where I inform about it? Or my canadian husband?
Do we need for PR application some other proof (other piece of paper) than marriage certificate about marriage? I haven't change my last name because it knows too much paperwork now when should send PR application.