+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

MapleOakLife

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016
I know this is probably in here somewhere but I don't feel like going through thousands of pages trying to find the answer...how long does it usually take for a sponsor to get approved? I sent in my application July of 2014, and my husband and I haven't heard anything back about the sponsor approval or anything. My application is still getting worked on since I was emailed asking to send in a immigration medical. I was just wondering if anyone else has had to wait a long time to hear anything about the actual sponsorship, or will I hear back whenever they feel the need to let me know?

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
MapleOakLife said:
I know this is probably in here somewhere but I don't feel like going through thousands of pages trying to find the answer...how long does it usually take for a sponsor to get approved? I sent in my application July of 2014, and my husband and I haven't heard anything back about the sponsor approval or anything. My application is still getting worked on since I was emailed asking to send in a immigration medical. I was just wondering if anyone else has had to wait a long time to hear anything about the actual sponsorship, or will I hear back whenever they feel the need to let me know?
What is your VO or did you apply inland? If you had to send in a medical and applied outland, your sponsor was approved a long time ago. Usually the AOR and SA go to your email address. It could have been lost in the mail or in your junk mail folder.

If you applied inland, it takes I think 17 months for the sponsor to get approved, in which case you probably still should have SA and AIP by now.

MapleOakLife

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016
Aquakitty said:
What is your VO or did you apply inland? If you had to send in a medical and applied outland, your sponsor was approved a long time ago. Usually the AOR and SA go to your email address. It could have been lost in the mail or in your junk mail folder.

If you applied inland, it takes I think 17 months for the sponsor to get approved, in which case you probably still should have SA and AIP by now.
I applied from within Canada. But when I check on the CIC's website the only thing it says about my file is that it was received on the certain date. The only thing I've gotten was an email requesting the medical. I never got anything in the mail saying they started my application, that my sponsor was approved or anything..

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
Aquakitty said:

SA approval email containing a PDF would be sent to the sponsor, while subsequent communication would be to the application. Most likely your sponsor got it but ended up in the junk mail folder. In our case, I as the sponsor got it, while subsequently my spouse lost her first (and only so far) important email from VO due to auto-junking and deleting.

murtazaa75

Sep 20, 2015
Aquakitty said:
17 months is, for all intents and purposes, completely meaningless. The actual time depends on your personal situation first, and VO second. Your country of citizenship is also a factor. If your application is LVO and you are a british citizen, you can expect 9-12 months total.
Thanks for the reply
one thing more .... I saw some comments saying that LVO is currently working on Syrian refugees. Well that is good thing but I was wondering, would this scenario effect our files in any ways...... (I hope not)

juanitac

Jan 29, 2016
Hi,

So my full file was received on 1/26/2016 and it turned out that they send it back on 2/18/2016 as we submitted IMM1344 and IMM0008 old formats (those that expired in 2014) and so, therefore, I have to fill them up and re-submit the whole package.

When filling up the IMM0008 Question 1 is: PROGRAM UNDER WHICH YOU ARE APPLYING and Question 2: CATEGORY UNDER WHICH YOU ARE APPLYING I want to make sure I am answering correctly/accordingly; my spouse lives out of Canada, never came to Canada, never applied for PR, myself, I am a landed permanent resident in Canada since 2012.

What should I put in Question 1 and 2? Family Class Sponsor? Out of Canada? I have no clue, PLEASE HELP.

Thanks.

pamtee

Star Member
Feb 19, 2016
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
05102016 AOR2: 06232016 SA RECEIVED: 06222016
IELTS Request
NONE
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Praying!
VISA ISSUED...
Praying!
LANDED..........
Praying!
juanitac said:
Hi,

So my full file was received on 1/26/2016 and it turned out that they send it back on 2/18/2016 as we submitted IMM1344 and IMM0008 old formats (those that expired in 2014) and so, therefore, I have to fill them up and re-submit the whole package.

When filling up the IMM0008 Question 1 is: PROGRAM UNDER WHICH YOU ARE APPLYING and Question 2: CATEGORY UNDER WHICH YOU ARE APPLYING I want to make sure I am answering correctly/accordingly; my spouse lives out of Canada, never came to Canada, never applied for PR, myself, I am a landed permanent resident in Canada since 2012.

What should I put in Question 1 and 2? Family Class Sponsor? Out of Canada? I have no clue, PLEASE HELP.

Thanks.
For Q#1 Your are applying for Family Class and for Q#2 Spouse is your answer I suppose and you are Applying for Outland Spouse Visa, I hope this will help

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
murtazaa75 said:
Thanks for the reply
one thing more .... I saw some comments saying that LVO is currently working on Syrian refugees. Well that is good thing but I was wondering, would this scenario effect our files in any ways...... (I hope not)
Your best bet is to follow the LVO thread: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thread-for-outland-london-uk-applications-t49436.20475.html

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
MapleOakLife said:
I applied from within Canada. But when I check on the CIC's website the only thing it says about my file is that it was received on the certain date. The only thing I've gotten was an email requesting the medical. I never got anything in the mail saying they started my application, that my sponsor was approved or anything..
Well as was said it would go to your sponsor, not you.. unless you put the same email and/or mailing address. The email requesting medical is a great sign though, so get it in ASAP. I assume you've also used your sponsor's info to sign into ECAS?

RabiHamza

Star Member
Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2015
AOR Received.
ECAS status changed to "in process" on Sep 30,2015
Med's Request
10-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-11-2015
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
DM on Dec 7, PPR on Feb 24
VISA ISSUED...
March 25, 2016
LANDED..........
In Sha Allah in first week of May
Hii all...
I got DM in the start of dec...no reply from them till now.
.we even sent them 2 emails and 1 written letter as well...but still no response from them....really very tensed what to do now :'(

MapleOakLife

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016
Aquakitty said:
Well as was said it would go to your sponsor, not you.. unless you put the same email and/or mailing address. The email requesting medical is a great sign though, so get it in ASAP. I assume you've also used your sponsor's info to sign into ECAS?
I asked my sponsor to go through all his emails and junk folder, and he said he hasn't received anything. As far as I know my sponsor doesn't have any info to sign into ECAS or if he does it's written down somewhere and put up like everything else is with my immigration. I feel like everything is going fine though, since I was asked for my medical. But not knowing this tiny little piece of information is just driving me up a wall lol

After going through and just putting his information into ECAS I was in..lol didn't know that could work! His says it's in process since March 24, 2015. How long does it usually take to get those done?

Nprdeal

Feb 20, 2016
Thank you for the information above.

In my case, I am a Canadian Citizen and my husband has OWP. We mailed out spousal application-in land to the processing center Mississauga,ON on Oct 15'2015. It was received on Oct 16'2015 by some individual (Mahmood) as I requested for signature while mailing it out via Canada post. I called up CIC inquiry line 3 times to follow up and they could not locate our file on their system. I have a proof that it was received by someone at the case processing center. Upon talking to CIC agent, she said they are sending out acknowledgment letter for receiving files who sent file before Dec 23'2015. I even filled out an online webform to find out about our file. CIC agent said they have 90 days to reply to webform request. My husband's work permit is expiring in 5 months and it takes approx 4 months to get it renewed. We attached original copies of police clearance in the file as it requested for it. I am afraid to loose documents/file as it has some original copies of documents. Its no where to be found on the CIC system. I am really worried and tensed about the situation.

I wonder if anyone has gone through similar situation. Please share your suggestion to help me with this issue.
Thnks in advance.

sumaiya

Star Member
Oct 14, 2015
Silly question: In our PPR, they added an extra number in front of the address of my husband's. The address is overall correct. We've sent an urgent email asking them to correct it. Will this delay our application? We can't go ahead and submit the passport, correct?

pspatel

Feb 20, 2016
hello there
i am a permanent resident of canada but i am currently unemployed
so do I need to have a job to sponsor my spouse from india???

Laine22

Feb 20, 2016
Hi, i just wanna asked about the question of being a co-signer am i be need to be my husband co-signer if i am the one who will be sponsored? im form philippines by the way. my husband and i was starting to fill up the forms.

thanks .. hope someone will be answer my question sooner..
God bless