Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Sent Along with App
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Does the spouse being sponsored have to submit all previous passports or just the current one ?
My spouse doesn't have all her old passports just the recent one, will that work ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
CrazyCanada said:
Does the spouse being sponsored have to submit all previous passports or just the current one ?
My spouse doesn't have all her old passports just the recent one, will that work ?
Generally just her current passport. But as discussed before, your spouse cannot be sponsored since you failed to declare her before landing. There's no point even trying. Best case scenario they will just refused her. Worse case scenario they will refused her AND also revoke your PR status for misrepresentation (using a visa issued to a single person to land and become a PR when you were in fact married).

CrazyCanada

Dec 25, 2014
Canada,duh?
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
AOR1 - 01.07.2016 | AOR2 - 19.08.2016
File Transfer...
SA/File Transfer - 08.08.2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Sent Along with App
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
scylla said:
Generally just her current passport. But as discussed before, your spouse cannot be sponsored since you failed to declare her before landing. There's no point even trying. Best case scenario they will just refused her. Worse case scenario they will refused her AND also revoke your PR status for misrepresentation (using a visa issued to a single person to land and become a PR when you were in fact married).
I know and not even trying to do so either.
The 2nd question was for EE and asked in the wrong thread, my bad

Valkriz

Feb 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2015
Med's Request
04-08-2016 (second medicals)
Med's Done....
Upfront, second medicals 11-08-2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
31-08-2016
First post, husband and I need clarification and hoping there are similar cases like ours...

Husband was ordered an exclusion order (1 year) March 19, 2015, he left Canada that day. I, his wife got approved to sponsor him, Vienna received application Oct 14, 2015 and then Dec 24 they requested for his police certificate. We sent them Jan 12th then a week later Jan 19th they requested him for an ARC exclusion order. So, his exclusion order expires March 19th, 2016... in your opinion does this sound like a positive thing? Our lawyer said they are very clever in requesting for an ARC exactly 2 months before his exclusion order expires because they want the money. Now since they requested it we have to submit it. We are worried that this is going to take another 6-12 months and we were just feeling like we were at the end of all this after seeing the cic website updated on "medical results received" which means you're at the near end of a decision. Please give us your opinions on our case and if you've heard of same or similar cases and how long it took. Thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Valkriz said:
First post, husband and I need clarification and hoping there are similar cases like ours...

Husband was ordered an exclusion order (1 year) March 19, 2015, he left Canada that day. I, his wife got approved to sponsor him, Vienna received application Oct 14, 2015 and then Dec 24 they requested for his police certificate. We sent them Jan 12th then a week later Jan 19th they requested him for an ARC exclusion order. So, his exclusion order expires March 19th, 2016... in your opinion does this sound like a positive thing? Our lawyer said they are very clever in requesting for an ARC exactly 2 months before his exclusion order expires because they want the money.
I disagree with your lawyer. I don't think there's anything clever about it. CIC is following normal procedures by requesting the ARC since your husband has an exclusion order that hasn't expired and you are trying to sponsor him. I think the problem was the timing of your application submission - it was submitted too early and you yourselves forced the ARC. I would have waited a few more months so that his exclusion order would have expired around the same time you were approved as his sponsor. Then no ARC would have been required. I'm not sure what you should do now. What deadline have you been given for the ARC?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Just to add - if your lawyer was the one who suggested that you submit the sponsorship application when you did, then I think you were unfortunately given bad advice. In that case your lawyer's comments about CIC being "clever" and trying to get more money from you make sense. He's trying to cover his own mistake.

Valkriz

Feb 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2015
Med's Request
04-08-2016 (second medicals)
Med's Done....
Upfront, second medicals 11-08-2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
31-08-2016
Our deadline date is March 19 same day his exclusion order expires. Does anyone know if they request for ARC does that mean our application is approved. We heard the last thing they ask for is ARC. Our process has been smooth, he was never requested for interview and cic website we are under medicals received decision made.

Winter20151

Dec 7, 2015
I am a born Canadian Citizen and pregnant with our first child due in April 2016. My now husband came to Canada December 2, 2015 on a visitor visa. He was given two months, reason they gave him was because they were issuing it as per his return ticket, which was February 2, 2016. We extended 30 days before his visa expired, which was after we married. We were Married December 30, 2015. We stated in the extension that we have the intent to apply for permanent residence once we received our marriage certificate, which we have received since, and that he would like to be here with his family. So now we are just in the process of making sure we check over our documents to make sure we have all required documentation and applications filled out. We are still waiting for his visitor extension to be processed, as I read that the processing times are quite lengthy right now. Our first child is due in April 2016 and included a letter from my family doctor confirming the pregnancy and the due date.

I am currently unemployed as I had chosen to do some travelling last year, once I found out I was pregnant i was diagnosed as high risk and I was told to hold off on finding a job until the baby was born, I have always worked and both my husband and my self have savings to show in our joint account to help support our family until I start to work again and if he receives an OWP. I plan on finding work once the baby is born and I am able to. We are currently residing with my parents so we do not have any rent/mortgage expenses at the moment.

My questions are, when completing any dependants that my husband has, he only has his unborn child. But understanding correctly, the baby is not a dependant until he is born (And he will be born Canadian). In that case he would be born after the Permanent residence application is submitted. Would that make a difference in the application? Or is it best to wait until after the baby is born to submit his PR application? We wanted to submit his PR application as soon as possible, so he could also submit his OWP at the same time.

Next Question, Should i wait until a decision is made on my husbands visitor visa application or is it safe to proceed with the application? Since the first step would be my sponsorship application being approved.

One final question, my husband does have ties to his country. He has property in his country as well as his fathers family business, which he currently does not work for anymore since we decided to stay in Canada. Would mentioning any of this in any of his financials be beneficial in his application to show any additional financial support?

Just a couple questions I had and I am hoping could be answered.

EmmaW

Feb 21, 2014
Hi, so I am in Canada awaiting my PR visa. I applied for it Feb 2015. Still no answer? Anyone else in this boat? Any kiwi's doing this?

Feb 7, 2016
Hi Leon,
I am getting together all the documentation needed to be sponsored under the spouse or common-law by my partner - Family Class Sponsorship - Outland.

We are both living in London, I am Italian and she left Canada at the age of 3 years old.

She was born in Montreal, Quebec, but we are looking to move to Toronto.

She have no friends and no family in Canada she is the only one holding a Canadian passport and citizenship in her family.

We have been together for 3 years and we live together under the same address for about a year.
(I moved in with her and her parents as her sister left, before that I have been living in the same building in a different flat as it wasn't possible to live there for lack of space, so basically we spent more then two years living together sharing the two places, but she has never registered anything on the previous address)

I also contribute in bills and rent at home with her parents (cash in hand)
Could Holding a formal agreement from her parents, stating that I am living here be useful ?

We are also about to set up a joined account here in London -savings for Canada.
(My bank account is addressed now as her on the same address and its going to be a year in few months)

She does not have a continuous income as she will probably get a financial help from her parents to start living in Canada.
However I work full time, and we are planning to save more during the application process.

I have few questions related to our situation listed below, and I would be really grateful if you could help:

- Are there any "benefits" in regards to the application or its process if the sponsor is from Quebec ?
I have seen we may have the chance to skip few question on the application regarding her financial situation.

- Can we move to Canada while the application is still in process and can I work with a open work permit ?

- Lets say we will send our application in May 2016, can we potentially move to Canada in September 2016 ?

Thank you very much !

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1) No special benefits for Quebec applicants.
2) You can come to Canada as a visitor but technically not "move". Your wife can move since she is Canadian. Assuming you apply outland (which you should), you don't qualify for an open work permit.
3) Again, you can only visit - not move.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
EmmaW said:
Hi, so I am in Canada awaiting my PR visa. I applied for it Feb 2015. Still no answer? Anyone else in this boat? Any kiwi's doing this?
Did you apply outland? 1 year seems pretty long for Sydney VO. Any docs requests? Have you ordered notes? If you applied inland that's another story.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Valkriz said:

Husband was ordered an exclusion order (1 year) March 19, 2015, he left Canada that day. I, his wife got approved to sponsor him, Vienna received application Oct 14, 2015 and then Dec 24 they requested for his police certificate. We sent them Jan 12th then a week later Jan 19th they requested him for an ARC exclusion order. So, his exclusion order expires March 19th, 2016... in your opinion does this sound like a positive thing? Our lawyer said they are very clever in requesting for an ARC exactly 2 months before his exclusion order expires because they want the money. Now since they requested it we have to submit it. We are worried that this is going to take another 6-12 months and we were just feeling like we were at the end of all this after seeing the cic website updated on "medical results received" which means you're at the near end of a decision. Please give us your opinions on our case and if you've heard of same or similar cases and how long it took. Thank you!
I'm no lawyer, but common sense tells me that it might be prudent to send in a case-specific inquiry describing this issue. It's an awfully strange coincidence that his order expires the same date of their request. But CIC is pretty well known for their oversights.

It doesn't hurt to try and get to the bottom of this, you'd still have time to get the ARC in if necessary.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Valkriz said:

Just to add another note....the note "Medical results have been received" is not any indication of processing stage or being near a decision. Some people have this status early in their application process and for others it shows up very late...even if medicals are done up front.

C.

Alexa_Bock

Feb 9, 2016
Hello, I'm currently in a situation with my boyfriend who lives in Egypt. We met online around summer 2015 and became in an official committed relationship as of November 2015. We want to be together and he wants to move to Canada for us to do that.

We were going through his options and we think spousal sponsorship would be the best option since we do plan to get married regardless. The only thing is though is that we haven't met in person yet due to our locations and conflicting schedules.

He's going to make a visit in August for a couple weeks which is the length of my vacation time I get a year and I plan to go there next year 2017 sometime where we plan to get married.

I've read up about spousal sponsorship and the requirements and what you should have for evidence and so far I'm saving all our conversations in a folder and we plan to take pictures and other things on our visits and get testimonials from friends and family. The thing that worries me is the time frame of our relationship. I feel in CSIS eyes it isn't that long and I'm afraid they'll rule it out

I can't see any other way for us to be together since he's already taking school in Egypt and is graduating this may and doesn't have enough money for more schooling here for a study permit and since he's still in school he has no work experience yet that could be deemed eligible for a work permit

Any feedback and advice would be super appreciated

Thank you all very much

~Alexa