23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
Alexa_Bock said:
Hello, I'm currently in a situation with my boyfriend who lives in Egypt. We met online around summer 2015 and became in an official committed relationship as of November 2015. We want to be together and he wants to move to Canada for us to do that.

We were going through his options and we think spousal sponsorship would be the best option since we do plan to get married regardless. The only thing is though is that we haven't met in person yet due to our locations and conflicting schedules.

He's going to make a visit in August for a couple weeks which is the length of my vacation time I get a year and I plan to go there next year 2017 sometime where we plan to get married.

I've read up about spousal sponsorship and the requirements and what you should have for evidence and so far I'm saving all our conversations in a folder and we plan to take pictures and other things on our visits and get testimonials from friends and family. The thing that worries me is the time frame of our relationship. I feel in CSIS eyes it isn't that long and I'm afraid they'll rule it out

I can't see any other way for us to be together since he's already taking school in Egypt and is graduating this may and doesn't have enough money for more schooling here for a study permit and since he's still in school he has no work experience yet that could be deemed eligible for a work permit

Any feedback and advice would be super appreciated

Thank you all very much

~Alexa
I don't think it's considered "too short" of a relationship. What would be considered too short if you married the first time you met in person and only a few months after meeting online. By the time you get married in 2017 you already will have been together a year. Plus, you are already starting to gather evidence. As long as you have strong evidence (photos, airplane boarding passes, etc) of your relationship you will be alright. You're already doing well by gathering these proofs early on and adding to it. The most important thing is that you end up with convincing evidence that your relationship is genuine. You might get some scrutiny for the relationship only being a year or so long, but it would probably be minimal. If possible, it's a good idea for you to meet each other's parents/family and have them attend the wedding.

mirjana.Ilija

Aug 5, 2015
I cant seem to find any previous posts about this but does anyone know what CiC does with our pictures and proofs we sent?
Id really like mine back they even took my husbands album at interview and a wedding photo that we had no copies of..he assumed he would just show to the guy and take home with him but interviwer took it all.
Can we request for it all retunred or we pick up?
Im really sentimental and i keep scrpabooks so the wedding invites and our own wedding cards family gave us are in there i DO not want to lose those :(

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My rule with CIC was: don't give them anything you expect to get back. I received nothing back once my husband's application was completed. Having said that, processes differ from VO to VO. I would drop your VO a note and let them know you would like all photos returned to you once they have completed processing your application.

tmon111

Feb 6, 2016
Can some one please tell me how to send police certificate to singapore visa office from Bangladesh. I was asked verbally by the visa officer for this during interview but haven't got any e-mail requiring this.

sadcanadianpr

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th July 2016
AOR Received.
23rd August 2016
File Transfer...
31st August 2016
Med's Request
22nd February 2017
Med's Done....
7th March 2017
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Still Waiting
Hi Guys.. I am new to this thread. I am Canadian PR and got married recently. I was checking the spouse visa processing time and it is showing as 17 months if you apply from India. I would like to know if there is any other VISA which I can apply to bring my wife to Canada earlier than that. Does anyone have any experience on applying any other visa. CIC has refused my wife's Visitor visa stating that they are not convinced that she will return after the short period. But 17 months seem ridiculously a long time for me to stay away from my wife. Any suggestions are appreciated. Can I apply work permit for her and bring her.

Thanks,

Tolexmi

Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-Sept-2015
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
23-Oct-2015
File Transfer...
09-Nov-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-May-2016
VISA ISSUED...
3-June-2016
LANDED..........
14th July 2016.
sadcanadianpr said:
Hi Guys.. I am new to this thread. I am Canadian PR and got married recently. I was checking the spouse visa processing time and it is showing as 17 months if you apply from India. I would like to know if there is any other VISA which I can apply to bring my wife to Canada earlier than that. Does anyone have any experience on applying any other visa. CIC has refused my wife's Visitor visa stating that they are not convinced that she will return after the short period. But 17 months seem ridiculously a long time for me to stay away from my wife. Any suggestions are appreciated. Can I apply work permit for her and bring her.

Thanks,
doesn't usually take 17 months. Thats more like worse case scenario timing'--- But i encourage you to apply, time goes by so fast

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
So this may be a silly question but is there supposed to be a photo on the visa? Also, one of the photos was returned with the passport / copr. Is this normal?

:)

C.

Vikram18

Nov 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2016
AOR Received.
31-03-2016 AOR2 Received: 19-04-2016
File Transfer...
07-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-02-2016
Passport Req..
11-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2016
LANDED..........
24-06-2016
Hello everyone,

I am currently filling the application to sponsor my wife. I am a PR in Canada sponsoring my wife in India. I have a question about the form IMM 5475 (Authority to release personal information to a designated individual). In future (after submitting the application), if I need to get the information about my wife's application (or change her address), will I be authorized automatically (being the sponsor) OR does my wife have to fill in this form now designating me as the individual to release the information?

Thanks for your help.

suhavi

Star Member
Feb 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 16,2016
AOR Received.
March 22,2016
File Transfer...
March 31,2016
Interview........
Hope not
Passport Req..
Hope soon
Do sponsor have to be working (employed ) till the Principal applicant gets approval ?? ;D 8) :eek: :-[ :-X

Snowisland

Nov 23, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
LANDED..........
30-05-2016
suhavi said:
Do sponsor have to be working (employed ) till the Principal applicant gets approval ?? ;D 8) :eek: :-[ :-X
The sponsor cannot have received government aid money in the last year or be receiving it currently. If the sponsor is not employed the sponsor should provide information as to how the sponsor and PR applicant will support themselves. If you have money saved or relatives send you money then you should provide proof.

icewizard

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Paris, France
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris, France
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2017
AOR Received.
25-01-2017
Med's Request
N/A - Upfront
Med's Done....
03-12-2016
Passport Req..
06-04-2017
Hello all,
I hope you're doing well. I'm new here but I have several questions... Let me present myself and then the questions will follow... I'm a French citizen (fluent in both languages French and English), currently working in Paris in software development with a Master's degree from a French university, married to my lovely Canadian wife since mid-2014, with her living with me in Paris since February 2015, with a resident status, while still declaring taxes in Canada.

• Should we apply for spousal sponsorship with her living in Canada?
  • Should we apply for spousal sponsorship with her living in France?
  • Should I apply for Federal Skilled Worker?
  • Should I apply for Express Entry?
  • Will I need to pass the IELTS and TEF (languages exams)? (I don't mind, it just adds to the expenses)

We really would love moving to Canada. Thank you for your attention and advice. ;D

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
It's always better to apply when living in Canada as you don't have the burden of proof that you will relocate once you have your PR. I think the spousal stream is the easiest to do out of those. You can apply outland while living in Canada (outland is the fastest). If you do apply while your wife is living in France, you will need to provide lots of proof that you intend to relocate and create a life in Canada.

Abuelita

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-07-2015
LANDED..........
12-10-2015
chilkootcee said:
So this may be a silly question but is there supposed to be a photo on the visa? Also, one of the photos was returned with the passport / copr. Is this normal?

:)

C.
My visa didn't have my photo. I already landed showing the visa & COPR, and all was very smooth. No photos were returned to me. :)

icewizard

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Paris, France
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris, France
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2017
AOR Received.
25-01-2017
Med's Request
N/A - Upfront
Med's Done....
03-12-2016
Passport Req..
06-04-2017
Aquakitty said:
It's always better to apply when living in Canada as you don't have the burden of proof that you will relocate once you have your PR. I think the spousal stream is the easiest to do out of those. You can apply outland while living in Canada (outland is the fastest). If you do apply while your wife is living in France, you will need to provide lots of proof that you intend to relocate and create a life in Canada.
canadausa#11 said:
How old are you? If you're in the applicable age range you could come via IEC and then apply outland when you're in Canada
First of all, thank you both for your replies...

Actually I'm 35, and the bread-earner in my family. My wife may work once we move back to Canada, but she's currently taking french language school here. And I will definitely work once I move back to Canada. I actually tried that when I visited in 2014, but all employers and headhunters require that I have a valid work status to carry on. The thing is that, I can't technically apply for a job till I have my PR. :'(

My wife's family still live in Canada, they have knowledge and want very much us to move back there, and will welcome us at their house till we find another place to stay when I'll start working. All her friends and family know about that intention. And the friends and family can put this in writing especially the housing part from my parents-in-law.

We don't have kids yet, but we both want my wife to give birth in Canada and raise the kids there.

Would that be enough as proofs of intention to relocate?

That was why I was asking about those questions. Even if my wife is a Canadian Citizen, she moved here to France so that we live together, though she still declares her income in Canada (no taxes for her as she doesn't work), and we declare as a married couple income in France.

So technically, can she apply for Outland Spousal Sponsorship from her parents address (where she would be living), without actually residing in Canada?

And most importantly, would that work? ::)

PS: if we apply as residing in France, should I list my wife as a dependent?

PPS: can I apply through a multiple channel, like in the same time as a spousal sponsorship and an express entry federal skilled worker?