Passport Req..
Oct. 5, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 15, 2016
LANDED..........
Very soon...
Hello guys,

Help please... here's my husband situation:

My husband is a Canadian citizen by birth and he live here in the Philippines for more than 2 years...last October 15, 2015, he went back to Canada...

In IMM 5540 question #11, are you currently living in Canada?

I answered yes....since when? What date should I indicate?

Madeline

Feb 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2015
Med's Request
20-08-2015
Med's Done....
27-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2016
LANDED..........
Soon...
Hi everyone!

I would like to know what will be the next step if Manila Immigration asked for my passport (this is under Family Sponsorship). My application has already Decision Made, however PR is still IN PROCESS. I was sponsored by my husband, who is a Permanent Resident already.

I have sent my passport through LBC last September 2015 but I haven't got any response yet. May I know how long will it take to wait for it? It's been 5mos since they received my passport.

Thank you so much!! I appreciate your help. :)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Madeline said:
Hi everyone!

I would like to know what will be the next step if Manila Immigration asked for my passport (this is under Family Sponsorship). My application has already Decision Made, however PR is still IN PROCESS. I was sponsored by my husband, who is a Permanent Resident already.

I have sent my passport through LBC last September 2015 but I haven't got any response yet. May I know how long will it take to wait for it? It's been 5mos since they received my passport.

Thank you so much!! I appreciate your help. :)
Manila is one of the visa offices that requests the passport quite early on in the process. So this doesn't necessarily mean they are ready to issue the visa. Typically there's still a few months to wait after the passport is requested.

suhavi

Star Member
Feb 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 16,2016
AOR Received.
March 22,2016
File Transfer...
March 31,2016
Interview........
Hope not
Passport Req..
Hope soon
Snowisland said:
The sponsor cannot have received government aid money in the last year or be receiving it currently. If the sponsor is not employed the sponsor should provide information as to how the sponsor and PR applicant will support themselves. If you have money saved or relatives send you money then you should provide proof.
Thanks for the reply

Feb 7, 2016
scylla said:
1) No special benefits for Quebec applicants.
2) You can come to Canada as a visitor but technically not "move". Your wife can move since she is Canadian. Assuming you apply outland (which you should), you don't qualify for an open work permit.
3) Again, you can only visit - not move.
How I can say that I am coming to visit my partner when she is basically moving with me "for the first time" ? she does not live there.
- We fly to Canada
- I have to wait till the application is done before to get a work permit
- In case of the interview fly back to London
- But a the boarding in Canada I have to say that I am just visiting ? sound like a lie to me... with 2 or 3 luggage each ?! they won't believe us..
Are they not aware that I am beign sponsored by my partner to have a PR and stay in Canada ?
On the application I have read also that we need to prove that our intention is to stay and live in Canada.
But for now, I am just visiting ? Do I need to have a return ticket ?
Sorry I am totally confuse...

I did copy that from the cic.gc.ca

Upon receiving conditional permanent residence, you have all the rights and privileges of a permanent resident:

You are allowed to work or study in Canada without a work or study permit.
You have access to health coverage and social services.
You are allowed to leave and re-enter Canada.

Is that conditional pr happening after the application its been done or during the process ?

Thank you.

adaora03

Feb 11, 2016
PhD Spousal sponsorship

Hi everyone,

I am new here and still trying to understand how it works but please can anyone help us with advise on our situation:

My husband applied for an open work permit since August 2015, and his file has been transferred to the local office in Edmonton but we still haven't heard from them. How long will it take for them to contact us or should we contact the local office directly?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
icewizard said:
My wife's family still live in Canada, they have knowledge and want very much us to move back there, and will welcome us at their house till we find another place to stay when I'll start working. All her friends and family know about that intention. And the friends and family can put this in writing especially the housing part from my parents-in-law.

We don't have kids yet, but we both want my wife to give birth in Canada and raise the kids there.

Would that be enough as proofs of intention to relocate?

So technically, can she apply for Outland Spousal Sponsorship from her parents address (where she would be living), without actually residing in Canada?

PS: if we apply as residing in France, should I list my wife as a dependent?

PPS: can I apply through a multiple channel, like in the same time as a spousal sponsorship and an express entry federal skilled worker?
The letters are good proof. A solid plan of how you will be wrapping up your lives in France and establishing yourselves in Canada is good as well. Your wife can also show that she has maintained her ties to Canada and has been filing taxes. If CIC wants more proof, they will request it further into the process.

No, she cannot pretend she is living at her parents' house. She must give her actual address in France.

Your wife is not included as a dependent in the app.

Yes, you can apply through multiple streams if you want. Note that you will have to pay separate fees for each.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
paolo_tornabene said:
- But a the boarding in Canada I have to say that I am just visiting ? sound like a lie to me... with 2 or 3 luggage each ?! they won't believe us..
Are they not aware that I am beign sponsored by my partner to have a PR and stay in Canada ?
On the application I have read also that we need to prove that our intention is to stay and live in Canada.

Is that conditional pr happening after the application its been done or during the process ?
As I stated in your other thread, you DO NOT have the right to move to Canada, so for you to say to CBSA that you are moving here could cause you serious problems; they could refuse you entry. She's moving; you are visiting. The sponsor must prove their intention to return to Canada, not the applicant. Yes, you should have a return ticket just in case.

Conditional PR is after.

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
paolo_tornabene said:
How I can say that I am coming to visit my partner when she is basically moving with me "for the first time" ? she does not live there.
- We fly to Canada
- I have to wait till the application is done before to get a work permit
- In case of the interview fly back to London

I did copy that from the cic.gc.ca

Upon receiving conditional permanent residence, you have all the rights and privileges of a permanent resident:

You are allowed to work or study in Canada without a work or study permit.
You have access to health coverage and social services.
You are allowed to leave and re-enter Canada.

Thank you.
As mentioned, your wife can move to Canada, you cannot. If you tell the CBSA officer that you are moving to Canada, but cannot show proof of citizenship or a PR card, you will be refused and possibly given an exclusion order. Your ability to enter Canada is determined by CBSA. Your PR application is evaluated by CIC. They are two separate things. Not having a return ticket and not showing any ties to your home country could be a big problem with CBSA. Just look at the number of members here who have been given exclusion orders.

You do not get a work permit. If you apply outland, once the application is approved and you land, you will be a PR. You may or may not have Condition 51 (this is the conditional PR).

superwoman

Nov 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2015
Doc's Request.
December 2015
File Transfer...
November 5 2015
Med's Request
upfront medical
Med's Done....
August 2015
Interview........
No interviews
Passport Req..
April 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 2016
LANDED..........
May 2016
Hello,

Is anybody in here Sponsoring your spouse from Srilanka? We applied on the 28th of August 2015 and the file was forwarded to Colombo November 05 2015. Haven't heard anything from colombo ever since!! :( is anybody sailing in the same boat as me ? :( :(

hitman8920

Feb 11, 2016
Hi guys, just a quick question. I'm thinking of doing court/registered marriage in few months when I visit India but I will sponsor my wife only after traditional Indian Wedding, which is in January, so that I have all the required proof. My only concern is, will Immigration Officer in Delhi question why there is gap of 9 months between court/registered marriage and traditional Indian Wedding? Will it effect my sponsorship in anyway? Thank you.

rilero88

Nov 5, 2015
Hi guys,

My husband just received a letter from CIC stating "Your application for admission to Canada as a Permanent Resident may now be ready to be finalised, conditional to a final admissibility review by the immigration officer." It tells us to submit a few final documents to the Sydney, Australia office, however, he is currently visiting me here in Canada. Can anyone who sent their final documents to the Ottawa, ON office tell me how long it took to receive their Confirmation of Permanent Residence Forms? He is expecting to stay in Canada for another month.

Thank you!

kangamoose

Jul 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2015
AOR Received.
02/09/2015
File Transfer...
AOR2 06/10/2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11/07/2015
Passport Req..
DM 10/02/2016 Passport Copy Request 11/02/2016
LANDED..........
03/03/2016
rilero88 said:
Hi guys,

My husband just received a letter from CIC stating "Your application for admission to Canada as a Permanent Resident may now be ready to be finalised, conditional to a final admissibility review by the immigration officer." It tells us to submit a few final documents to the Sydney, Australia office, however, he is currently visiting me here in Canada. Can anyone who sent their final documents to the Ottawa, ON office tell me how long it took to receive their Confirmation of Permanent Residence Forms? He is expecting to stay in Canada for another month.

Thank you!
I got the same email from Sydney today and was wondering the same thing. I live here in Canada but we were planning a trip for the end of Feb, be nice to not have to delay that..

Also a bit confused about the send two prepaid xpresspost envelopes bit, is it one self addressed (for the COPR) and the second for sending everything? Or do they really want two?

Feb 11, 2016
Im gay from philippines. I met online my canadian bf over the internet. We applied student tourist visa five years ago but got denied. Now we are planning to get married in new zealand as its legal for same sex marriage there and also its easy to get tourist visa in new zealand. Once we were married in new zealand can that be applicable for a spousal visa? Or fiancee visa? Im a filipino citizen and will apply the visa here in the philippines. We just come and marry to new zealand to have a marriage certificate. Hope you can help me. Its very hard for me to get a tourist visa in canada. Also i have been diagnosed with thyroid papillary cancer and got my thyroid removed. Can this will affect to the sponsorship for spouse visa?