28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Siempreamor said:
Outland spousal sponsorship application. I'm Canadian and my husband is American. It's been quite stressful these past few days. But, I ended up contacting CIC and found out that they had not received the police record from Cuba that our representative had sent. I have been in contact with CIC multiple times explaining to them the situation and trying to forward then the documents. CIC was very helpful. We understand that they're very busy.
How much longer will it be now that they're aware of the document that they didn't have.
As explained by several of us earlier earlier, it's impossible to say. Your application is not following the normal process since you failed to submit all of the required PCCs with the original application (as you were supposed to) and CIC had to request them later. Submitting an incomplete application has created delays to your application processing (it's too bad your consultant told you it was OK to do this - you should ask for your money back or at least a discount to his fees). Since CIC just recently received the PCCs, your application background and security checks may still be in progress or may not even have started yet. If that's the case, then you may still be looking at several months of processing time. Or you may not - again - it's impossible to say - especially since you didn't submit a complete application. If you want to know the status of your application more specifically, you can apply for your application notes. However it will take them 30 days approximately to arrive.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
will_loon said:
Dear All,

Im working on spousal sponsorship for my wife now. need advice from all the expert. i just landed in canada march,2015 as single and we just register our marriage in November 2015. but in fact we got engage back in december 2014 before i come to canada. my question is, we got engage in December 2014 but i declare im single when i landed in canada March,2015. will this affect my spousal sponsorship that i did not disclose that i actually already engaged?
All CIC cares about is if you lived together for a year, or were married at the time you obtained your PR. Just being engaged is fine. CIC has a legal definition of "single" (not married or common-law) which is not the same as the social definition.

sabihn

Aug 11, 2015
hello should i be worried .. my wife was called in karachi for her second medical on june 1 of 2015 and i have not
heard from the LVO or anyone since..i dont kno what to do..i filed my case in nov 17 of 2014 any insight or help with me greatly
appriciated.

novascotia_addict

Star Member
Jul 5, 2013
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
14-04-2017
File Transfer...
14-04-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
31-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2017
Hello everyone,
Does anyone have any suggestions or experience in seeking legal advice with your application right before you send it to ensure that there isn't anything missing and everything is good to send?

Would love to hear from any of you.
Thanks!

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
sabihn said:
hello should i be worried .. my wife was called in karachi for her second medical on june 1 of 2015 and i have not
heard from the LVO or anyone since..i dont kno what to do..i filed my case in nov 17 of 2014 any insight or help with me greatly
appriciated.
Was her medical expired around June? You can send in for notes to see what is up with her case. They take 30 days to get.

mohibulah

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
St.john.d
Category........
mohibulah said:
hello everyone aim living in Canada i apply for wife PR one 2013 i send my spouse application to cic office here in Canada and i received letter for cic office the letter say we send you spouse application to Islamabad visa office one 2013 July 25 after that did,t get anything from visa office me and my spouse and i almost waiting 3 year i have no id what i should to do please help me :'(
:'( :'(

Garen

Oct 29, 2015
Hi Guys,
My application was received by cic from DHL on the 26th Oct, since that I didn't receive any email. NO AOR... Can someone please give me an idea what I need to do. Thanks

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Garen said:
Hi Guys,
My application was received by cic from DHL on the 26th Oct, since that I didn't receive any email. NO AOR... Can someone please give me an idea what I need to do. Thanks
Have you checked ECAS?

VPS

Star Member
May 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-09-2012
File Transfer...
20th sept 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Interview........
Nopes
Passport Req..
01-10-2012, PP sent n recvd 19-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
4 th Feb 2012, received on 11th Feb 2012
LANDED..........
March first week
Re: when can I apply for citizenship

Hello Leon,

I became PR in the month of July 2008. stayed in Canada for 15 months before leaving the country to Singapore. I returned back to Canada in July 2012 and have been staying here since then. My PR got renewed in May 2013. (Basically, after I became PR I was out of the country for two and half years)
My question is; when would I be eligible to apply for citizenship? I was made to understood by CIC officer during my PR renewal that I will be counted as new immigrant as I was away from the country and would be eligible to apply for citizenship only from the time I landed in Canada for the second time (July 2012). Is that true?
Please advice…Thanks a lot.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Re: when can I apply for citizenship

VPS said:
Hello Leon,

I became PR in the month of July 2008. stayed in Canada for 15 months before leaving the country to Singapore. I returned back to Canada in July 2012 and have been staying here since then. My PR got renewed in May 2013. (Basically, after I became PR I was out of the country for two and half years)
My question is; when would I be eligible to apply for citizenship? I was made to understood by CIC officer during my PR renewal that I will be counted as new immigrant as I was away from the country and would be eligible to apply for citizenship only from the time I landed in Canada for the second time (July 2012). Is that true?
Please advice…Thanks a lot.
The new residency requirements require you to be:

Living in Canada for 4 years (1,460 days) out of 6 years for citizenship eligibility;
Physically present in Canada for 183 days (minimum) per year in 4 out of 6 years.
In addition, you:

Cannot count time spent as a non-permanent resident (non-PR) toward residence for citizenship;
Must prove that you “intend to reside” in Canada.

So it sounds like you weren't maintaining residence in Canada from 2008-2012 so the CIC officer is correct and you will have to wait another 2 years.

If you were maintaining residence in Canada from 2010-2012 you'd have been eligible this year.

Siempreamor

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
scylla said:
As explained by several of us earlier earlier, it's impossible to say. Your application is not following the normal process since you failed to submit all of the required PCCs with the original application (as you were supposed to) and CIC had to request them later. Submitting an incomplete application has created delays to your application processing (it's too bad your consultant told you it was OK to do this - you should ask for your money back or at least a discount to his fees). Since CIC just recently received the PCCs, your application background and security checks may still be in progress or may not even have started yet. If that's the case, then you may still be looking at several months of processing time. Or you may not - again - it's impossible to say - especially since you didn't submit a complete application. If you want to know the status of your application more specifically, you can apply for your application notes. However it will take them 30 days approximately to arrive.
Thank you for your reply. I just found out today that the police certificate CIC was waiting for was received.
And so now, what's next. We have applied for Outland sponsorship. My husbandd is American and I'm Canadian. What's the next step?? When we check on-line what will be the next message we get??
Please give us advise and or suggestions. We appreciate it. Thank you.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Siempreamor said:
Thank you for your reply. I just found out today that the police certificate CIC was waiting for was received.
And so now, what's next. We have applied for Outland sponsorship. My husbandd is American and I'm Canadian. What's the next step?? When we check on-line what will be the next message we get??
Please give us advise and or suggestions. We appreciate it. Thank you.
You just wait, then eventually you'll see DM (decision made) on his ECAS and they will mail his COPR.

Jewel

Star Member
Nov 27, 2007
My sister in law (living in Canada- PR since April, 2012) applied for her Bangladeshi husband through out land process around 6 months ago, initially application was sent to Mississauga and after approval this was forwarded to Singapore, now Singapore sent a letter that her spouse in their interview list and has to wait for the interview, minimum waiting time is 24 month and advised not to contact them during this period.

my sister in law has been working (part time) but she can not speak properly (though psychically sound and good looking), she is not under any Canada govt allowances/assistance.

Do you have any idea why CIC targeted her spouse for interview ? is this normal ? Do you think 24 months waiting time are normal for CIC Singapore ?

would appreciate your advise...

GURI.D.CHD

Mar 5, 2014
I have Canada Permanent residency. I am living and working in US right now. I got married last month. My spouse and me are both in US.
I was thinking of sponsoring my spouse while we stay in US (we both have jobs here but we do not have Green Card for US).

I got to know that only citizens can apply from outside Canada. Is there any exception that I(only PR not Citizen) can still go ahead and submit the application?

Please guide me. I need help.

Thanks,
Guri