+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Mitroh

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
Hello all

Need some help with my application

I have applied for my husband's PR in New Delhi Visa Office , but he is residing in USA.
When he gets a PPR, how does he submit his visa to Indian visa office being in USA

Can I take his passport and bring it to Canada and send it to Ottawa and bring it back to him?

Or does he need to be in Canada for that to happen? (he does have a visitor visa)

Thank you for your help

visa_help2014

Feb 24, 2014
Hello All,

I need your help as my wife has already got the open work permit, but Service Ontario is not giving her the OHIP as she doesn't have a job.
Is there any other way she can be eligible for OHIP coverage

Thanks

JO1986

Star Member
Jun 3, 2015
Mitroh said:
Hello all

Need some help with my application

I have applied for my husband's PR in New Delhi Visa Office , but he is residing in USA.
When he gets a PPR, how does he submit his visa to Indian visa office being in USA

Can I take his passport and bring it to Canada and send it to Ottawa and bring it back to him?

Or does he need to be in Canada for that to happen? (he does have a visitor visa)

Thank you for your help
Was there a possibility that you could've applied in USA instead? If yes, it would've been way faster.

Lhadysherie_06

Jan 6, 2016
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2015
AOR Received.
02-11-2015
File Transfer...
07-01-2016
Med's Request
upfront:
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
hoping for none
Passport Req..
Next in line
VISA ISSUED...
On process
LANDED..........
Claiming it Very Soon
Hello there I'm new here at your forum site I am very interested on getting some information regarding spousal sponsorship first thing my husbang has a PR title in Manitoba Canada and I recently applied under spouse living outside canada originally we thought it will took us 6-8 months for me to be with my husband but upon checking the processing time it says that it will took us 18 months is it true? They just recieved my application together with my advance medical result and other documents last Nov. 2,2015 the only email my husband got was a confirmation that the application and medical has been recieved. How long do you guys think is the real processing time? I'm really worried hope you can help me thank you in advance

Mitroh

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
JO1986 said:
Was there a possibility that you could've applied in USA instead? If yes, it would've been way faster.
USA took 27 months and India took 16 when I applied so went with the Indian office
Also, he is on work permit and his visa was supposed to expire so didn't want to risk it

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Aquakitty said:
You need a lot of money to obtain a study permit. If money is no object, that would be the way to go.

Otherwise try for the visit visa (she needs to show many ties to her home country to obtain one, it's quite difficult).

Either way applying outland will be fastest.
If his wife enrols in Canadian University as international student, it will be expensive. But it will be the fastest way to join with the family provided she gets a study visa. TRV will be very hard to get while outland application would take upto 18 months or more or even less.

mohibulah

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
St.john.d
Category........
hello everyone aim living in Canada i apply for wife PR one 2013 i send my spouse application to cic office here in Canada and i received letter for cic office the letter say we send you spouse application to Islamabad visa office one 2013 July 25 after that did,t get anything from visa office me and my spouse and i almost waiting 3 year i have no id what i should to do please help me :'(
:'( :'(

Ilija

Mar 20, 2014
Hello
I was wondering if After the decision made, does the copr get mailed to the representative (if you're using it) or to the applicants address

Thank you

JO1986

Star Member
Jun 3, 2015
Mitroh said:
USA took 27 months and India took 16 when I applied so went with the Indian office
Also, he is on work permit and his visa was supposed to expire so didn't want to risk it
27?? Wow!

In the US thread I see people getting it all done in 4-5 months.

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
JO1986 said:
27?? Wow!

In the US thread I see people getting it all done in 4-5 months.
They were most likely looking at the timelines for LA or New York, neither of which handles standard cases. New York does not handle spouse applications anymore. Complicated cases (criminal history, red flags, children that are being excluded, etc) are sent to LA, but standard ones go through Ottawa and generally take less than a year.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Lhadysherie_06 said:
Hello there I'm new here at your forum site I am very interested on getting some information regarding spousal sponsorship first thing my husbang has a PR title in Manitoba Canada and I recently applied under spouse living outside canada originally we thought it will took us 6-8 months for me to be with my husband but upon checking the processing time it says that it will took us 18 months is it true? They just recieved my application together with my advance medical result and other documents last Nov. 2,2015 the only email my husband got was a confirmation that the application and medical has been recieved. How long do you guys think is the real processing time? I'm really worried hope you can help me thank you in advance
Every case is different. Those with no redflags that would require an interview have much faster processing times than those with such issues.

What's your VO? We can give you a rough estimate based on spreadsheet information.

Siempreamor

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
Siempreamor said:
I don't believe that's the case. We have the assistance of a representative and have submitted all of our documents accordingly to the deadlines that we have been asked to meet.
I know that this is just beginning of the year, but we submitted our sponsorship application in February of 2015 and it's now almost 11 months.
I wish we were given an answer as to where we are in our application.
Thank you for all the advise you've given me.
Outland spousal sponsorship application. I'm Canadian and my husband is American. It's been quite stressful these past few days. But, I ended up contacting CIC and found out that they had not received the police record from Cuba that our representative had sent. I have been in contact with CIC multiple times explaining to them the situation and trying to forward then the documents. CIC was very helpful. We understand that they're very busy.
How much longer will it be now that they're aware of the document that they didn't have.

will_loon

Feb 10, 2012
Dear All,

Im working on spousal sponsorship for my wife now. need advice from all the expert. i just landed in canada march,2015 as single and we just register our marriage in November 2015. but in fact we got engage back in december 2014 before i come to canada. my question is, we got engage in December 2014 but i declare im single when i landed in canada March,2015. will this affect my spousal sponsorship that i did not disclose that i actually already engaged?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
visa_help2014 said:
Hello All,

I need your help as my wife has already got the open work permit, but Service Ontario is not giving her the OHIP as she doesn't have a job.
Is there any other way she can be eligible for OHIP coverage

Thanks
I assume she was issued an open work permit as part of the pilot program (i.e. around four months after the application was received). If so, she doesn't qualify for OHIP. She will need to wait until she has first stage approval (around 16 months after the application was submitted) before she can qualify for OHIP.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
will_loon said:
Dear All,

Im working on spousal sponsorship for my wife now. need advice from all the expert. i just landed in canada march,2015 as single and we just register our marriage in November 2015. but in fact we got engage back in december 2014 before i come to canada. my question is, we got engage in December 2014 but i declare im single when i landed in canada March,2015. will this affect my spousal sponsorship that i did not disclose that i actually already engaged?
As long as you didn't physically live together for a year before March 2015, you'll be fine.