+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

zozo123

Jan 3, 2016
Thank you so much for the informative posts.
I do have further questions as I am not very familiar with the process and immigration lawyers have me super confused.
I was working abroad and got married 3 years ago approx. and currently have a 4 month old child.
I recently found a job and moved back to work in Canada.
I applied for my child and she already has obtained the passport and can come to Canada anytime.
However, my wife is not a Canadian and I wanted to know what the best way to bring her here as soon as possible.
Would it work if I applied for her a visit visa and then do an inland sponsorship.
Or would it be better if I do a study visa then apply for an inland; since she is wanted to do her masters anyway.
Do I also have to mention it is with a dual intention since I am planning to do the inland sponsorship??

Which would be the fastest method and am I on the right track?

Any help would be HIGHLY appreciated as I am in desperate need to have my wife and little baby girl with me asap.

Thank you!!!

vladikim

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
30-08-2016, AOR2 - 16-09-2016
Med's Done....
06-07-2016
Hi guys.
As per guide 3901e it sates: and at least two statutory declarations from individuals with personal
knowledge of your relationship supporting your claim that the relationship is genuine and continuing.

Is there any specific forms for those statutory declarations? Where can I find them? We are in common law relationship

Tolexmi

Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-Sept-2015
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
23-Oct-2015
File Transfer...
09-Nov-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-May-2016
VISA ISSUED...
3-June-2016
LANDED..........
14th July 2016.
vladikim said:
Hi guys.
As per guide 3901e it sates: and at least two statutory declarations from individuals with personal
knowledge of your relationship supporting your claim that the relationship is genuine and continuing.

Is there any specific forms for those statutory declarations? Where can I find them? We are in common law relationship
There are no forms my friend. CIC only need two people to write about their knowledge of the relationship. I also applied under common law and i got two of my close friends to write, and we three took it to be notarized.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
zozo123 said:
Thank you so much for the informative posts.
I do have further questions as I am not very familiar with the process and immigration lawyers have me super confused.
I was working abroad and got married 3 years ago approx. and currently have a 4 month old child.
I recently found a job and moved back to work in Canada.
I applied for my child and she already has obtained the passport and can come to Canada anytime.
However, my wife is not a Canadian and I wanted to know what the best way to bring her here as soon as possible.
Would it work if I applied for her a visit visa and then do an inland sponsorship.
Or would it be better if I do a study visa then apply for an inland; since she is wanted to do her masters anyway.
Do I also have to mention it is with a dual intention since I am planning to do the inland sponsorship??

Which would be the fastest method and am I on the right track?

Any help would be HIGHLY appreciated as I am in desperate need to have my wife and little baby girl with me asap.

Thank you!!!
What's her home country?

MrScarface

Jan 18, 2015
Hi there, in the End of November we sent out our spousal application to Mississauga with a copy of the Record of Solemnization as we have not received our marriage certificate yet. We included a paper explaining the reason behind this and promised to forward the marriage certificate as soon as we received it.
We finally received it today and since I know that other people have done this before, which information should i put into the envelope together with the marriage certificate so that they know which application this certificate belongs to and it doesnt get lost?
We haven't heard anything from them yet so I assume our application is not being processed yet, therefore we dont have a case number or anything.

northpig87

Jan 4, 2016
Hello all, first of all Happy 2016! First time posting here, and thank you all in advance for your kindness!

I am a naturalized Canadian citizen who has lived in China since 2006 or so. My wife is Chinese and I have a 6 year old daughter and 2 year old son. My daughter already has her Canadian passport, and my son does not yet.

My questions are:

1. Other than myself sponsoring my wife, is there any other route for my wife to go to Canada (for example, since my Canadian daughter is a minor, is there a taking care of child sort of visa my wife can apply for?). The reason I'm asking is that from the CIC website, the current spousal sponsorship processing time is showing 18 months, which is way longer than I expected. I was hoping to get my daughter to Canada within 2016 to start elementary school.

2. If I do sponsor my wife, do I have to include both my daughter and son as dependent? As mentioned above, my daughter already holds a Canadian passport, while my son is Canadian by descent I assume.

3. Since I am currently living outside of Canada, and CIC will require myself to demonstrate that I will be living in Canada once my wife receives her PR status. Now my question is say after I move back to Canada with my family and settle down, is there a legal requirement for me to stay X Days out of every year in Canada in order to maintain my wife's PR status?

Many many thanks for your help!

vladikim

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
30-08-2016, AOR2 - 16-09-2016
Med's Done....
06-07-2016
Tolexmi said:
There are no forms my friend. CIC only need two people to write about their knowledge of the relationship. I also applied under common law and i got two of my close friends to write, and we three took it to be notarized.
Thank you for your answer. Do those people need to be present when we will go to notarize their letters? Or we go and get notarized those letters without them?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
northpig87 said:
Hello all, first of all Happy 2016! First time posting here, and thank you all in advance for your kindness!

I am a naturalized Canadian citizen who has lived in China since 2006 or so. My wife is Chinese and I have a 6 year old daughter and 2 year old son. My daughter already has her Canadian passport, and my son does not yet.

My questions are:

1. Other than myself sponsoring my wife, is there any other route for my wife to go to Canada (for example, since my Canadian daughter is a minor, is there a taking care of child sort of visa my wife can apply for?). The reason I'm asking is that from the CIC website, the current spousal sponsorship processing time is showing 18 months, which is way longer than I expected. I was hoping to get my daughter to Canada within 2016 to start elementary school.

2. If I do sponsor my wife, do I have to include both my daughter and son as dependent? As mentioned above, my daughter already holds a Canadian passport, while my son is Canadian by descent I assume.

3. Since I am currently living outside of Canada, and CIC will require myself to demonstrate that I will be living in Canada once my wife receives her PR status. Now my question is say after I move back to Canada with my family and settle down, is there a legal requirement for me to stay X Days out of every year in Canada in order to maintain my wife's PR status?

Many many thanks for your help!
1. She can try applying for a visitor visa. There is no child care visa.
2. Only your wife should be included in the application.
3. No - there is no minimum number of days.

r87

Jul 25, 2015
Hi everyone any advice for me
I won my appeal in march 2015. Its gonna be 10 months still waiting for ppr

northpig87

Jan 4, 2016
scylla said:
1. She can try applying for a visitor visa. There is no child care visa.
2. Only your wife should be included in the application.
3. No - there is no minimum number of days.
Thank you so much Scylla! So I guess if I want to do this properly, then spousal sponsorship is the only way to go.

9symmerty

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
08-12-2015
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Med's Request
February 2017
Med's Done....
February 2017
Passport Req..
May 2 2017
VISA ISSUED...
May 2 2017
LANDED..........
02-05-2017
MrScarface said:
Hi there, in the End of November we sent out our spousal application to Mississauga with a copy of the Record of Solemnization as we have not received our marriage certificate yet. We included a paper explaining the reason behind this and promised to forward the marriage certificate as soon as we received it.
We finally received it today and since I know that other people have done this before, which information should i put into the envelope together with the marriage certificate so that they know which application this certificate belongs to and it doesnt get lost?
We haven't heard anything from them yet so I assume our application is not being processed yet, therefore we dont have a case number or anything.
You have to wait for your file number and further instructions from CIC in regards to sending your miss g application

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
zozo123 said:
Thank you for answering. Her home country is Jordan.
You need a lot of money to obtain a study permit. If money is no object, that would be the way to go.

Otherwise try for the visit visa (she needs to show many ties to her home country to obtain one, it's quite difficult).

Either way applying outland will be fastest.

Tolexmi

Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-Sept-2015
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
23-Oct-2015
File Transfer...
09-Nov-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-May-2016
VISA ISSUED...
3-June-2016
LANDED..........
14th July 2016.
vladikim said:
Thank you for your answer. Do those people need to be present when we will go to notarize their letters? Or we go and get notarized those letters without them?
they need to be present and most times, the notary will only let them sign the letters right in his presence. All this is done to ensure that he is putting his notarial power on documents that were written by real and actual people.

Stephan reily

Oct 17, 2015
Philippines
Visa Office......
MANILA
App. Filed.......
submitted:04-12-17/////resubmitted on: may 24 NO UPDATE YET
Doc's Request.
-----
VISA ISSUED...
Soon!
hi guys is it true that all countries proccessing time for spousal sponsorship will be 26 months :eek: