Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2015
AOR Received.
20-02-2016
Med's Done....
05-12-2015
9symmerty said:
Hi! My visa expired Dec. 24. I've sent my PR and OWP application on Dec. 8. I know that my OWP application would give me the implied status but based on the previous thread here, some of the applications were sent back(incomplete application, missing documents and even a complete application! When they ask for documents that doesn't even apply to you) common applicant or immigration officer's mistake. Anyway, let's just say it doesn't matter if the fault is in them or applicant's-- once they send your application back, you would lose the implied status (it's based on the cic website)

And to avoid that, you can apply for extension online even the day before your permit expires. That's what I did anyway. Because I don't want to have surprises in the future and I would prefer to pay for an extension rather than wait for months wondering about my paper just to see if they would send it back and lose my status. Because if that happens, you would have to apply for restoration and extension to get a status before you can apply for OWP. I would suggest to send PR and OWP application and then send your extension online. That's what I was advised based on the members experience. I hope this helps
Thanks, I am thinking of doing that as well. I know one of my co-workers didn't do it and he got through, but you never know.

Question, if I pull my applications and decide to do it outland before the AOR, can I get my money back?

9symmerty

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
08-12-2015
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Med's Request
February 2017
Med's Done....
February 2017
Passport Req..
May 2 2017
VISA ISSUED...
May 2 2017
LANDED..........
02-05-2017
MissReeva-Walker said:
Thanks, I am thinking of doing that as well. I know one of my co-workers didn't do it and he got through, but you never know.

Question, if I pull my applications and decide to do it outland before the AOR, can I get my money back?
MissReeva-Walker said:

You should probably call CIC about that, I wouldn't wanna give you a wrong information. Call and asked how your application is going. I know some applications do not get AOR at all but do get their OWP and their PR Application in process, so I would definitely call them coz the last thing you would wanna do is pull an application in the middle of the process and ask about a refund. Base on the previous post, it takes months to get a refund but you do but then again, I would call.

Just a reminder though that OWP only applies for in-land applications.. goodluck!

MissReeva-Walker

Star Member
Dec 23, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2015
AOR Received.
20-02-2016
Med's Done....
05-12-2015
9symmerty said:
You should probably call CIC about that, I wouldn't wanna give you a wrong information. Call and asked how your application is going. I know some applications do not get AOR at all but do get their OWP and their PR Application in process, so I would definitely call them coz the last thing you would wanna do is pull an application in the middle of the process and ask about a refund. Base on the previous post, it takes months to get a refund but you do but then again, I would call.

Just a reminder though that OWP only applies for in-land applications.. goodluck!
Yes we applied Inland. But due to being offered a tour in Germany in June - July for 2 weeks, when coming back on an OWP they can deny him and it will cancel the whole process :( so we are trying to make the best decision

skoolaz1987

Dec 16, 2015
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Febuary 2015
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Med's Done....
upfront january 15 2015 extended
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb 12 2016
VISA ISSUED...
march 1, 2016
LANDED..........
planning for march 24, 2016
Has anyone got refused after medical extension granted?

We received your application for permanent residence on February 25, 2015.
We started processing your application on June 8, 2015.
Medical results have been received. Oct 15, 2015

Got extension in November. Medical was valid until January 15, 2016

userpg

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2015, received by CIC: 15-05-2015
AOR Received.
18-06-2015
File Transfer...
SA: 15-07-2015, AOR2: 06-08-2015
Med's Done....
18-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-10-2015
LANDED..........
07-12-2015 :)
Maybe some people will find it useful...
My arrival to Canada was very smooth. I arrived with my wife at Toronto airport on the 7th of December with 6 suitcases. They didn't check any of them. The CBSA officer asked me if I have something to declare and when I told him that we only have over 10 000 CAD cash said 'Welcome home'. My wife asked him if this is it? He replied with a smile on his face that he can check our suitcases if we really want to ;) but this is it.
The next day I went to get a SIN number (the airport office was closed on the arrival day because we arrived around 10 pm), opened a bank account, applied for a credit card, found a condo within the next few days.
It was all very smooth and pleasant :)
Good luck!

lvl_stella

Dec 21, 2015
Another question:

form IM 5406, ADDITIONAL FAMILY INFO
On the checklist, it says "to be completed by the applicant", but on the form, it says to be completed by the applicant and the spouse/partner...
Comments?

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
lvl_stella said:
form IM 5406, ADDITIONAL FAMILY INFO
On the checklist, it says "to be completed by the applicant", but on the form, it says to be completed by the applicant and the spouse/partner...
Comments?
Generic form. The sponsor does not fill out any applicant forms.

9symmerty

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
08-12-2015
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Med's Request
February 2017
Med's Done....
February 2017
Passport Req..
May 2 2017
VISA ISSUED...
May 2 2017
LANDED..........
02-05-2017
userpg said:
Maybe some people will find it useful...
My arrival to Canada was very smooth. I arrived with my wife at Toronto airport on the 7th of December with 6 suitcases. They didn't check any of them. The CBSA officer asked me if I have something to declare and when I told him that we only have over 10 000 CAD cash said 'Welcome home'. My wife asked him if this is it? He replied with a smile on his face that he can check our suitcases if we really want to ;) but this is it.
The next day I went to get a SIN number (the airport office was closed on the arrival day because we arrived around 10 pm), opened a bank account, applied for a credit card, found a condo within the next few days.
It was all very smooth and pleasant :)
Good luck!
im glad to hear successful applications :) congratulations!

Beaverdiva

Aug 5, 2013
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/07/2015
AOR Received.
AOR 26/08/2015. SA 28/09/2015. In Process on eCAS - 6/10/2015
File Transfer...
29/09/2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT. Medical Results Received 14/10/15
Med's Done....
06/07/2015
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 09/12/2015, COPR arrived 15/1/16 deadline to land 7/7/16
LANDED..........
7-06-2016
Hi,

It might seem like a strange question but if you have dependents included in your application what does the COPR letter look like?

Will we get a piece of paper each? Or will it be one letter with my details on it, together with those of my children?

(I'm hoping to land a month ahead of my children to get things sorted out with schools and accommodation and then I would like to return to UK to bring the kids to land. I'm not sure how I would go about this if we're all listed on one document, so if anyone has previous experience of a similar situation I would like to know how it worked out for you. I'm open to suggestions and advice about the best way forward. If it's going to be too difficult then we will all land together and I'll get things sorted out once we're all in Canada. I was just hoping to make the move as easy as possible for them as I have a feeling they'll be like rabbits caught in the headlights to begin with. I can contact schools ahead of our arrival but would prefer to take a look around them and speak with the Principal(s). We also need to find a house to rent as my husband's currently renting a 1 bedroom apartment so again, it would be great if we could have everything arranged to make the transition easier for the kids.)
Thanks in advance.

sikalupi

Dec 26, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2016
AOR Received.
28-06-2016
File Transfer...
08-08-2016
Med's Done....
upfront
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 18-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
Hi,

I'm a Canadian citizen by descent, born and raised abroad. I am married now and I would like to sponsor my husband and our 8 months child and move with them to B.C.
I'm trying to complete the application myself following guides and documents online (and this forum is the best repository of infos!).
If everything goes as expected I think we gona move there the next month, after sending an outland application from here (Italy).

I'm trying to complete a draft of application I printed, and I already have some doubts; I'll try to be concise!

After adding my son on the IMM0008 as a dependant child what other document do we have to complete in his behalf?

Having my husband as sponsored (and so not co-signer) I think the right number of family members to include in the application is 2, correct?

Should I get a certified translation also for the police check documents?

Thank you in advance, any advice will be appreciated.

Happy New Year! ;D

Sika

subtain

Aug 12, 2013
Montreal, Canada
Hi all,

Is it only me or everyone has noticed the change in processing times and how they are displayed online on CIC website.

Now they no longer show spousal sponsorship processing times per VO. They only show inside or outside Canada Angry

No idea why would they do that.

9symmerty

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
08-12-2015
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Med's Request
February 2017
Med's Done....
February 2017
Passport Req..
May 2 2017
VISA ISSUED...
May 2 2017
LANDED..........
02-05-2017
subtain said:
Hi all,

Is it only me or everyone has noticed the change in processing times and how they are displayed online on CIC website.

Now they no longer show spousal sponsorship processing times per VO. They only show inside or outside Canada Angry

No idea why would they do that.
Yes they did I was just looking at them! Happy new year
To everyone!!!

LeBentit

Dec 16, 2015
Thank you for the answer! I'll start my visitors extension.

I have another doubt. We enter with our inland process on October 2015 and didn't receive any answer yet. However due to the long processing times for inland process we submitted a cancellation request to receive the fees we paid back to start another process outland.

So far no one has confirmed the cancellation of my process and now I don't know if we can submit the new process outland.

Do you know what should I do?

I really appreciate your help guys!

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
LeBentit said:
Thank you for the answer! I'll start my visitors extension.

I have another doubt. We enter with our inland process on October 2015 and didn't receive any answer yet. However due to the long processing times for inland process we submitted a cancellation request to receive the fees we paid back to start another process outland.

So far no one has confirmed the cancellation of my process and now I don't know if we can submit the new process outland.

Do you know what should I do?

I really appreciate your help guys!
Did you use the online form to cancel it? You could have requested them to keep the money for the outland app and use the same receipt, but probably too late now.