+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MissReeva-Walker said:
Yes 28 months is definately long. If it were outland, we would be doing so from Jamaica, which I believe it is 22 months and more as well right now.
Agreed.

Be aware that if either the Inland application or the OWP is returned because of an error on your part (outdated and/or missing form(s), missing signature(s), incomplete payment, especially for the OWP which must include the $ 100 `holder fee'), it could jeopardize his implied status. Make sure you triple check everything before sending it in!

MissReeva-Walker

Star Member
Dec 23, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2015
AOR Received.
20-02-2016
Med's Done....
05-12-2015
Ponga said:
Agreed.

Be aware that if either the Inland application or the OWP is returned because of an error on your part (outdated and/or missing form(s), missing signature(s), incomplete payment, especially for the OWP which must include the $ 100 `holder fee'), it could jeopardize his implied status. Make sure you triple check everything before sending it in!

Thank you, yes I already paid the 255$ for the OWP, the 155 for work permit and 100$.

Next question actually!

If his Visitor Visa is ending December 31st, should I submit a renewal now?
Or submitting the OWP at the same time as the application will do the same justice?

I know it takes about 90 days to be approved for the renewal of visitor visa, but he gets implied status while waiting for that approval.

Does it make a difference.

MissReeva-Walker

Star Member
Dec 23, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2015
AOR Received.
20-02-2016
Med's Done....
05-12-2015
Ponga said:
Agreed.

Yes triple checked.

Me as the sponsor:I have included my birth certificate and passport.

For him: His passport, certificate and all Canadian Work and Visitor Visas since January 2015.
I also included his medical and jamaican police record

For his son, though he is not coming to Canada and will be staying with his mother, I've included his sons birth certeficate (He wasn't married or common law with his ex, as they never lived together..so there is no custody agreement)

For the sponsor questionaire.

I've included our wedding pictures.
List of friends and family I have met
Pictures of all our trips together
and explanations for all the pictures and our wedding. I also included an e-mail from his parents (as they were the only ones not at the wedding)

Marriage certificate (Long and short form)

My tax information is not needed for the Canada part because Quebec takes care of that (Thats what it says in the instruction guide)

I guess another question that confused me

The additional family section. Do I fill one out as well? or is that only for the Applicants.

Does this sound right?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MissReeva-Walker said:
Thank you, yes I already paid the 255$ for the OWP, the 155 for work permit and 100$.

Next question actually!

If his Visitor Visa is ending December 31st, should I submit a renewal now?
Or submitting the OWP at the same time as the application will do the same justice?

I know it takes about 90 days to be approved for the renewal of visitor visa, but he gets implied status while waiting for that approval.

Does it make a difference.
That's a tough call, but IMHO, he should apply for an extension, since he's so close to losing his status.

Yes, the OWP submitted with the Inland application (if received prior to that date) will give him implied status, unless there's a problem with the paperwork, or...CIC makes a mistake and sends it back...which happens more than you'd expect. The visitor extension is redundant, unless the aforementioned happens, at which point it becomes a life saver!

It really is a personal decision that he needs to make ASAP. The good news is that he can apply online even one day before his status expires.

MissReeva-Walker

Star Member
Dec 23, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2015
AOR Received.
20-02-2016
Med's Done....
05-12-2015
Ponga said:
That's a tough call, but IMHO, he should apply for an extension, since he's so close to losing his status.

Yes, the OWP submitted with the Inland application (if received prior to that date) will give him implied status, unless there's a problem with the paperwork, or...CIC makes a mistake and sends it back...which happens more than you'd expect. The visitor extension is redundant, unless the aforementioned happens, at which point it becomes a life saver!

It really is a personal decision that he needs to make ASAP. The good news is that he can apply online even one day before his status expires.
Thank you, will do this the next following days. Rather be safe than sorry. I wrote a message above as well :)

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
MissReeva-Walker said:
Yes triple checked.

Me as the sponsor:I have included my birth certificate and passport.

For him: His passport, certificate and all Canadian Work and Visitor Visas since January 2015.
I also included his medical and jamaican police record

For his son, though he is not coming to Canada and will be staying with his mother, I've included his sons birth certeficate (He wasn't married or common law with his ex, as they never lived together..so there is no custody agreement)

For the sponsor questionaire.

I've included our wedding pictures.
List of friends and family I have met
Pictures of all our trips together
and explanations for all the pictures and our wedding. I also included an e-mail from his parents (as they were the only ones not at the wedding)

Marriage certificate (Long and short form)

My tax information is not needed for the Canada part because Quebec takes care of that (Thats what it says in the instruction guide)

I guess another question that confused me

The additional family section. Do I fill one out as well? or is that only for the Applicants.

Does this sound right?
His son is also going to need a medical, if he ever wants to sponsor him to Canada one day.

FYI the Jamaican VO Kingston, has processed people in as short as 9 months this year, the average seems to be about a year for those that don't need interviews, not 22 months. It sounds like you have a strong application, you might want to think about it if he has no criminality or any history that would trigger a red flag.

nauman_a

Nov 22, 2015
Hello

I have applied as an applicant on September. On 20 November I received correspondence that my photographs in the application do not meet the requirements so I have to resend them with in 45 days. I sent the photographs again immediately and they got received on Nov 30 as per FedEx tracking. Am I supposed to receive any confirmation of these photographs being received from the Canadian High Commission because I have not received any confirmation of receipt from them as of now?

Tolexmi

Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-Sept-2015
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
23-Oct-2015
File Transfer...
09-Nov-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-May-2016
VISA ISSUED...
3-June-2016
LANDED..........
14th July 2016.
nauman_a said:
Hello

I have applied as an applicant on September. On 20 November I received correspondence that my photographs in the application do not meet the requirements so I have to resend them with in 45 days. I sent the photographs again immediately and they got received on Nov 30 as per FedEx tracking. Am I supposed to receive any confirmation of these photographs being received from the Canadian High Commission because I have not received any confirmation of receipt from them as of now?
No my friend. Usually when additional or requested docs are received , cic doesn't send u any form of acknowledgement. In most cases, after receipt and cic is quiet, then everything is fine.

nauman_a

Nov 22, 2015
Tolexmi said:
No my friend. Usually when additional or requested docs are received , cic doesn't send u any form of acknowledgement. In most cases, after receipt and cic is quiet, then everything is fine.
Thank you very much :)

MissReeva-Walker

Star Member
Dec 23, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2015
AOR Received.
20-02-2016
Med's Done....
05-12-2015
Aquakitty said:
His son is also going to need a medical, if he ever wants to sponsor him to Canada one day.

FYI the Jamaican VO Kingston, has processed people in as short as 9 months this year, the average seems to be about a year for those that don't need interviews, not 22 months. It sounds like you have a strong application, you might want to think about it if he has no criminality or any history that would trigger a red flag.
Well he was once arrested but charges aquitted. His record in clean.

I should do his sons medical right away, I didnt even see this in requested documents lol.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
MissReeva-Walker said:
Well he was once arrested but charges aquitted. His record in clean.

I should do his sons medical right away, I didnt even see this in requested documents lol.
It does say in the inland guide:

Medical examinations

Medical examinations are required for the principal applicant and all of his or her dependent children

Sunset0505

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss/Ottawa/LA and July/15 in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
08JUL2015
AOR Received.
09APR2014/SA 05JUN2014
File Transfer...
15JUL2014
Med's Request
2nd-01JUN2015/3rd 15JUL2015
Med's Done....
29/03/14& 15/06/15& 03/08/15/mailed 01/11/2015
Interview........
03NOV2015 in LA
Passport Req..
IP 23SEP15/DM 12/12/15
LANDED..........
29APR2016
nauman_a said:
Thank you very much :)
You can try emailing...they normally do not respond for 10 to 30 days but cant hurt!!!

MissReeva-Walker

Star Member
Dec 23, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2015
AOR Received.
20-02-2016
Med's Done....
05-12-2015
Sunset0505 said:
You can try emailing...they normally do not respond for 10 to 30 days but cant hurt!!!
Well the reason we did the medical before hand for my husband was because it will process the OWP faster with the inland application. I assume they will request his son's medical when needed, though on the application I put that he will not be coming with us.

I dont know if anyone can answer me, but if I were to be safe and apply for a visitor visa (because his expires the 31st) and we are sending out the application that same day, if hes denied the extra stay for any reason during the processing of the OWP and sponsorship part won't that mess up the process for inland?

Weve included the OWP in the application as they request on the site, in which gives him implied status but because we are sending it so last minute, I am frightened that the OWP be refused ect.

I should just get this out today express so that for sure they receive before the 31st

9symmerty

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
08-12-2015
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Med's Request
February 2017
Med's Done....
February 2017
Passport Req..
May 2 2017
VISA ISSUED...
May 2 2017
LANDED..........
02-05-2017
MissReeva-Walker said:
Well the reason we did the medical before hand for my husband was because it will process the OWP faster with the inland application. I assume they will request his son's medical when needed, though on the application I put that he will not be coming with us.

I dont know if anyone can answer me, but if I were to be safe and apply for a visitor visa (because his expires the 31st) and we are sending out the application that same day, if hes denied the extra stay for any reason during the processing of the OWP and sponsorship part won't that mess up the process for inland?

Weve included the OWP in the application as they request on the site, in which gives him implied status but because we are sending it so last minute, I am frightened that the OWP be refused ect.

I should just get this out today express so that for sure they receive before the 31st

Hi! My visa expired Dec. 24. I've sent my PR and OWP application on Dec. 8. I know that my OWP application would give me the implied status but based on the previous thread here, some of the applications were sent back(incomplete application, missing documents and even a complete application! When they ask for documents that doesn't even apply to you) common applicant or immigration officer's mistake. Anyway, let's just say it doesn't matter if the fault is in them or applicant's-- once they send your application back, you would lose the implied status (it's based on the cic website)

And to avoid that, you can apply for extension online even the day before your permit expires. That's what I did anyway. Because I don't want to have surprises in the future and I would prefer to pay for an extension rather than wait for months wondering about my paper just to see if they would send it back and lose my status. Because if that happens, you would have to apply for restoration and extension to get a status before you can apply for OWP. I would suggest to send PR and OWP application and then send your extension online. That's what I was advised based on the members experience. I hope this helps

Mishaalijaz

Star Member
Aug 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2015, in process 11 sep 2015, got original doc back on 17 Sep
Doc's Request.
September 23 , delivered 5 Oct
File Transfer...
June 2015
Med's Request
Not yet.
Passport Req..
October 20, 2015
Aoa i need help
Mera visa last month 11 ko lga tha
Mein 24th November ko canada i hoon
Mene ab check kia hai k LVO se mere jo supporting documents wapis aaye thay un main meri original degrees nahi hain
What should i do?