Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
fawadnew said:
But Sir , I informed Visa officer of CIC few days before getting married . But he categorically asked me that your file is now closed, your spouse cannot be added in your closed file. He further advised to land in Canada & then apply on family sponsor.

please guide.
now please follow cic instructions. if you want to add your wife now it will be big challenge for you better to land and then apply for the spousal sponsorship.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nekeol said:
now please follow cic instructions. if you want to add your wife now it will be big challenge for you better to land and then apply for the spousal sponsorship.
It's too late!!!

fawadnew

May 28, 2015
nekeol said:
Sir I followed the CIC officer instruction and landed in Canada. After landing in Canada , I applied to sponsor my wife. but CIC rejected my case due to ineligibility under regulation 117(9)(d).

Now what i should I do ? please guide me.

Tolexmi

Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-Sept-2015
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
23-Oct-2015
File Transfer...
09-Nov-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-May-2016
VISA ISSUED...
3-June-2016
LANDED..........
14th July 2016.
fawadnew said:
Sir I followed the CIC officer instruction and landed in Canada. After landing in Canada , I applied to sponsor my wife. but CIC rejected my case due to ineligibility under regulation 117(9)(d).

Now what i should I do ? please guide me.
Fawadnew

You cannot sponsor ur wife immediately u land in Canada. i think u would need to stay there at least 3 - 6 months,
also from the day u submit your application till the the applicant lands in Canada, u have be resided in Canada all through this period..

COrrect me if am wrong anyone??????

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tolexmi said:
Fawadnew

You cannot sponsor ur wife immediately u land in Canada. i think u would need to stay there at least 3 - 6 months,
also from the day u submit your application till the the applicant lands in Canada, u have be resided in Canada all through this period..

COrrect me if am wrong anyone??????
Wrong!

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
nekeol said:
Terrible advice. That would be misrepresentation, and they could put their PR in jeopardy, and they would never be able to sponsor their spouse.

The instructions are clear. Your COPR shows single, and you are not, therefore you cannot use that COPR to land. You need to return it to the VO and send in the updated documents. Failure to do so, even if CIC says that you should land, means that you can NEVER sponsor your spouse. My wife's COPR and PPR were very clear on that. Any family members not included were forever excluded from the family class.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fawadnew said:
But Sir , I informed Visa officer of CIC few days before getting married . But he categorically asked me that your file is now closed, your spouse cannot be added in your closed file. He further advised to land in Canada & then apply on family sponsor.

please guide.
Here is a very simple question:

Have you already landed as a Permanent Resident of Canada, or do you simply have your CoPR but have not yet officially landed?

Please clarify.

fawadnew

May 28, 2015
Ponga said:
Here is a very simple question:

Have you already landed as a Permanent Resident of Canada, or do you simply have your CoPR but have not yet officially landed?

Please clarify.
I landed Canada :but ,got married before landing Canada . At the time of marriage, my file was closed by cic. That"s why cic advised me to land canada and apply on family sponsor basis.

Guide me please

Turbo2000

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-06-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
DM1: 02-07-2015, IN PROCESS: 09-10-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
12-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM2: 12-18-2015
LANDED..........
JAN. 17TH 2016 !!!!!!!!!!!!!
In that case, there is nothing you can do...getting married and landing as single. I'm sure even at the airport of landing u still said single.
The CIC officer had suggested you land b4 getting married, but it seems u decided to do the opposite.
The law is clear on this:

Subsection 117(9)(d) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, states that, a foreign national shall not be considered a member of the family class by virtue of their relationship to a sponsor if, subject to subsection (10), the sponsor previously made an application for permanent residence and became a permanent resident and, at the time of that application, the foreign national was a non-accompanying family member of the sponsor and was not examined.

fawadnew said:
I landed Canada :but ,got married before landing Canada . At the time of marriage, my file was closed by cic. That"s why cic advised me to land canada and apply on family sponsor basis.

Guide me please

fawadnew

May 28, 2015
Turbo2000 said:
In that case, there is nothing you can do...getting married and landing as single. I'm sure even at the airport of landing u still said single.
The CIC officer had suggested you land b4 getting married, but it seems u decided to do the opposite.
The law is clear on this:

Subsection 117(9)(d) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, states that, a foreign national shall not be considered a member of the family class by virtue of their relationship to a sponsor if, subject to subsection (10), the sponsor previously made an application for permanent residence and became a permanent resident and, at the time of that application, the foreign national was a non-accompanying family member of the sponsor and was not examined.
No Sir, cic officer suggested me that you land in Canada and then apply on family sponsor. Moreover, No such Question was asked at the airport.

Please guide me how can I re-apply by removing this ineligibility .

Turbo2000

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-06-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
DM1: 02-07-2015, IN PROCESS: 09-10-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
12-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM2: 12-18-2015
LANDED..........
JAN. 17TH 2016 !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did the CIC officer advise you to get married before landing as single ? That can't be true.
The main issue is you got married before landing...the officer suggested u land before getting married...that's the mistake you made.
The ineligibility is irreversible....except there is a change in policy by the Liberal government.
Search the thread for people with similar cases....none succeeded that I have read.

fawadnew said:
No Sir, cic officer suggested me that you land in Canada and then apply on family sponsor. Moreover, No such Question was asked at the airport.

Please guide me how can I re-apply by removing this ineligibility .

fawadnew

May 28, 2015
Turbo2000 said:
Did the CIC officer advise you to get married before landing as single ? That can't be true.
The main issue is you got married before landing...the officer suggested u land before getting married...that's the mistake you made.
The ineligibility is irreversible....except there is a change in policy by the Liberal government.
Search the thread for people with similar cases....none succeeded that I have read.

Is there any change in policy expected in your view please ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
fawadnew said:
No.

ymserver

Star Member
Jan 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-12-2014
Doc's Request.
12-08-2015 (HK Police cert)
AOR Received.
05-03-2015
File Transfer...
10-03-2015 (SA); 30-03-2015 (AOR2);
Med's Request
12-08-2015
Med's Done....
13-08-2015 (re-med)
Interview........
wavied
Passport Req..
02-11-2015 (DM2), no PPR
VISA ISSUED...
16-11-2015 (COPR)
fawadnew said:
Sounds like in your case, based on other threads that I have read from others' similar experience, the only way your spouse can immigrate to Canada is to immigrate by herself (as a skilled worker, etc http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/apply.asp), but not through the Family Class.

susanrichards

Aug 21, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2015
I am wondering if someone can offer some advise related to my outland spouse application. I am almost ready to send it off and I am very confused about 1 form. The IMM 5406 Additional Family Information Form which is included in my husband's portion of the application. I am confused as to what needs to be filled out here. I understand that he is the applicant and I am the spouse however do I need to fill in all the other sections (mother, brother, father, child and step child) for him even though none of those people are accompanying him?

As well, do I need to fill out one of these forms as well for my family? I kind of hints at the fact that I may have to. I'm so confused. Can someone please clarify or provide some guidance.