+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

tekiguy

Nov 2, 2015
MY TIME LINE
Under LCP Spousal Sponsorship

We received your application for permanent residence on February 14, 2013.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 1, 2013.
We started processing your application on March 1, 2013.
We sent you correspondence on May 15, 2014. Medical Procedure St. Luke Medical
We sent you a letter on May 15, 2014. ---- Additional Document (Saudi POLICE Clearance)
We sent you correspondence on July 24, 2015. ---- Re Medical
We sent you a letter on September 15, 2015. ---PPR

Novembr na ala pa din.... Hopeful .. Hopeful Visa na lang .. Isa na lang :D :D

Ilan months po pa bago i notify wife to meet a visa officer to confirm her PR sa Yellowknife.. ty po sa possible answer.

MommyBear888

May 8, 2015
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2015
Doc's Request.
23-05-2015
Passport Req..
23-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-11-2015
LANDED..........
12-01-2016
tekiguy said:
MY TIME LINE

We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 1, 2013.
We sent you a letter on May 15, 2014. ---- Additional Document (Saudi POLICE Clearance)

Novembr na ala pa din.... Hopeful .. Hopeful Visa na lang .. Isa na lang :D :D

Ilan months po pa bago i notify wife to meet a visa officer to confirm her PR sa Yellowknife.. ty po sa possible answer.
What took so long for your spousal application? Almost 3 years now.

aman_248

Oct 20, 2015
aman_248 said:
Hello everyone,

I will be applying for my wife sponsorship sometime next month. I need to know what documents, pictures, or any type of proof of marriage I need to submit.

My other concern is that we always chat in Arabic and very rarely in English. Do I have to translate every screenshot(from any communication app we used) I take as proof to our marriage being genuine? ???

Please please help,

Thanks
Someone....Anyone.... :(

PS: I am also wondering if I need to translate pages of my passports that show my entrance and exit to Saudi Arabia when I visited her because that is in Arabic as well.

Decent2015

Oct 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sjgolfer014 said:
Hi Brother why they reject the sponsorship application preliminary stage , are you the spouse or they already divorce and married with you
if that is the case , but you said you have the kids together right ?
if you both have baby together then they will ask you for DNA test to check the child parent relation and also it depend the situation
how old is you and your spouse
Hello, they called the sponsor for interview and told her that they didn't find the marriage genuine with her now ex-husband. And since the ex-husband was not so interested to migrate to canada, they didnt appeal and after few years they divorced and then she married me (i.e. 4 years back) and now she is applying for me; and we have a kid together 1 year back. So i was just asking if it is important to mention about this previous rejected case which was at preliminary stage and since the file was returned back to her.

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Decent2015 said:
Hello, they called the sponsor for interview and told her that they didn't find the marriage genuine with her now ex-husband. And since the ex-husband was not so interested to migrate to canada, they didnt appeal and after few years they divorced and then she married me (i.e. 4 years back) and now she is applying for me; and we have a kid together 1 year back. So i was just asking if it is important to mention about this previous rejected case which was at preliminary stage and since the file was returned back to her.
In the sponsorship questionnaire there is a portion asking if you (your wife, as a sponsor) has sponsored other person before. So yes, you should answer yes to that and explain the situation in the space provided. If you fail to do so, it may be considered a misrepresentation by the CIC.

tekiguy

Nov 2, 2015
Quote from: tekiguy on November 02, 2015, 04:29:25 am
MY TIME LINE

Need help any ways to expedite the process? what could have been the ideal moths or the usual timeline for spousal sponsorship?In my case would there be some ways for us to lessen our time table or basically our next step is based on whta our VO tells. We were so spontaneous, rlying always on emails sent to us by CIC. thnks for an answer.

krishnalynn

May 15, 2015
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
AOR Received.
23-12-2015
File Transfer...
08-01-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-10-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 15-04-2016
aman_248 said:
Someone....Anyone.... :(

PS: I am also wondering if I need to translate pages of my passports that show my entrance and exit to Saudi Arabia when I visited her because that is in Arabic as well.
Download the forms and checklists from CIC, they will tell you what you need. There is also country-specific guides. The checklist may be most important to answer your question.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

As far as the translations, someone else can contribute if they know anything different, but I didn't translate my passport pages that had Arabic stamps, just wrote a caption saying that was where they were from. This wouldn't hurt though. Remember that you will be providing tons of evidence (if possible) and you can also include printouts of your flight tickets or receipt to support these trips to Saudi Arabia.

I would absolutely translate your messages to each other because it kind of means nothing if the officer doesn't speak Arabic. Of course, if you text every day for years you don't need to provide every single text, just a good snapshot. Depending on how much time you've been together, it could be one page a month or week. You will need official translations for the required documents like birth certificate and marriage certificate.

sjgolfer014

Oct 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2016 Passport received back on 17/11/2016 visa expiry date 14/10/2017
LANDED..........
29 dec 2016
Decent2015 said:
yes your sponsor has to mention as if she not mention they will know as they have the record in there computer , but now you have baby together
so did the baby birth certificate show both parents name , if not then they you will ask you for the DNA like mine , and if the DNA is positive but still
they have some dought then they will ask you for the interview , did your sponsor or your wife take financial support from the Govt , if yes then she cannot sponsor you , she has to stop from the govt financial help , we have also a baby together but still they put me on interview , u just keep collecting evidence of on going relationship . its really important ,

Decent2015

Oct 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please answer - anyone senior or if someone had the same case as mine.

My wife (sponsor) and me we both got married in Dubai (physically both were present in Dubai) but due to some document issues from her previous marriage we couldn't register through dubai court and we arranged our marriage over the phone (performed by Imam from Pakistan). Though I will mention complete details in my application. Just wanted to know if someone like my case has reported the same and what was the immigration result, did you get PR or otherwise?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Decent2015 said:

My wife (sponsor) and me we both got married in Dubai (physically both were present in Dubai) but due to some document issues from her previous marriage we couldn't register through dubai court and we arranged our marriage over the phone (performed by Imam from Pakistan). Though I will mention complete details in my application. Just wanted to know if someone like my case has reported the same and what was the immigration result, did you get PR or otherwise?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2015/ob613.asp

Unfortunately, the regulations changed this past June.

nsr786

Nov 3, 2015
Hi All,

I have a question regarding spouse visa filing after visa issued for entry for first entry. What are the ways to apply for spouse visa before landing for the first time? is it possible?
If its not possible then If I go for short landing and come back and get married after getting PR at Canada address then can I apply for spouse visa after that while remaining outside Canada?
Is it necessary to be in Canada for spouse visa ?

Your comments in this regard will be highly appreciated.

aman_248

Oct 20, 2015
krishnalynn said:
Download the forms and checklists from CIC, they will tell you what you need. There is also country-specific guides. The checklist may be most important to answer your question.

As far as the translations, someone else can contribute if they know anything different, but I didn't translate my passport pages that had Arabic stamps, just wrote a caption saying that was where they were from. This wouldn't hurt though. Remember that you will be providing tons of evidence (if possible) and you can also include printouts of your flight tickets or receipt to support these trips to Saudi Arabia.

I would absolutely translate your messages to each other because it kind of means nothing if the officer doesn't speak Arabic. Of course, if you text every day for years you don't need to provide every single text, just a good snapshot. Depending on how much time you've been together, it could be one page a month or week. You will need official translations for the required documents like birth certificate and marriage certificate.
Thanks krishnalynn,

Just to clarify one more thing. Did your entrance and exit stamp from that country had a Hijri date on it or Gregorian. If Hijri, like mine, I can caption it and write the corresponding Gregorian date. That being said, to I need to notarize my caption or is it good enough?

Same question I wanted to ask, also, do I need to notarize any documents or texts where I write explanations or description of pictures and so on?

thanks again..

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Decent2015 said:

As the Dubai marriage was not valid and CIC does not recognize phone marriage, your application will be refused. You need to get married properly if you want to go through the sponsorship process.

Decent2015

Oct 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ponga said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2015/ob613.asp

Unfortunately, the regulations changed this past June.
Thanks for the reply. I read the link and found this statement at the very beginning "Proxy marriage is defined as a marriage in which one or both of the participants are not physically present and are represented by another person at the solemnization of the marriage".

In my case we both were present in person at the same place and same time with our relatives, just the imam and his associates were on the phone.

Decent2015

Oct 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canuck_in_uk said:
As the Dubai marriage was not valid and CIC does not recognize phone marriage, your application will be refused. You need to get married properly if you want to go through the sponsorship process.
When i received my marriage certificate from pakistan (this was in 2011), it was attested by the foreign affair office of UAE as well as consulate and i got her residency visa from Dubai. So i think it wont be a problem. Rest if anyone can further share their experience. Thanks