+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

tubbateena

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello everyone, i am happy to have found this page... answered some of my questions before we submitted our application.. i sent it may 29/15 and received in Missisauga on june 2... so i know its a process and a waiting game... :) have a good day everyone :)

Pepper80

Feb 26, 2015
Re: Dependant Child sponsorship

Hi All - My wife and I are Permanent residents of Canada since long. We did an inland sponsorship for my son who was born outside of Canada. His file is at Islamabad, and so far 34 months have passed since his application was received. We were recently asked to submit his medicals again, which we have done. Ecas has also been update with "Medical results have been received" about 2 weeks ago.

Would anyone who has been through a similar situation guide us as to how long it will take from here onwards to get his sponsorship completed? Also, what additional steps will we have to do, like will we need to send his passport to Islamabad office etc. ?

Thank you so much in advance.

zee28

May 20, 2015

Pepper80 said:
Hi All - My wife and I are Permanent residents of Canada since long. We did an inland sponsorship for my son who was born outside of Canada. His file is at Islamabad, and so far 34 months have passed since his application was received. We were recently asked to submit his medicals again, which we have done. Ecas has also been update with "Medical results have been received" about 2 weeks ago.

Would anyone who has been through a similar situation guide us as to how long it will take from here onwards to get his sponsorship completed? Also, what additional steps will we have to do, like will we need to send his passport to Islamabad office etc. ?

Thank you so much in advance.

Hi there,
Can you please share your timeline 34 month is a long peroid of time

zee28

May 20, 2015
tubbateena said:
hello everyone, i am happy to have found this page... answered some of my questions before we submitted our application.. i sent it may 29/15 and received in Missisauga on june 2... so i know its a process and a waiting game... :) have a good day everyone :)
[/quote

Hi there,
Best of luck

priyadadhwal

Jun 15, 2015
Hello people ,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Could u please help me is the application no. the file no.??? what is the next step??? i have received the UCI number and Application number.

imart_23

May 26, 2015
taffy7 said:
You can not apply inland if you are not in the country.
You can apply outland and get the ball rolling ,then come to Canada . Your wife can not live here but she can visit. Many couples come to Canada and apply outland. Once your wife is in Canada then you can get the visa extended .

Do not turn up at the boarder with every thing you own. If the Officer thins that your wife is going to over stay they can put her back on that plane .
Thanks taffy7, being from Canada I know how the border officers are like, I'm just not sure how they would respond if she does have a visitor's visa and we openly declare she intends to apply for PM inland after landing there; like you said, you can only apply inland if you're in Canada. The other thing about applying inland is that I have to reestablish my residency myself, as a Canadian citizen, as I've lived abroad for 6 years now, but we're moving there asap since I've recently been made redundant plus my father, aged almost 80 years old, had a serious accident recently and it's best for the family to be together, especially considering he and my mother both deserve to spend some time with their grandchild, aged 4 months.

Sarim

Aug 13, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London... Resident United Arab Emirates... National Pakistan...
App. Filed.......
02, June 2015
AOR Received.
09, July 2015... AOR2 10, Aug 2015
File Transfer...
29, July 2015... In Process 6, Aug 2015
Med's Request
Upfront 23, May 2015
Interview........
Waived... Decision Made 12, Nov 2015
Passport Req..
24, Nov 2015... Passport Sent 1, Dec 2015
VISA ISSUED...
09, Dec 2015... PP & COPR rcvd 16, Dec 2015
LANDED..........
19, May 2016
Hi all,

I am little bit confused now days because i sent my application package through private courier it is already delivered to

Sponsorship
Case Processing Centre – Mississauga
2 Robert Speck Parkway,
Suite 300
Mississauga, ON
L4Z 1H8

but as per the courier company they delivered at akra case processing center and they don't have person name who received the application.

So any one's application delivered at same place akra case processing center?

Please advise.

Rgds,

Sarim

Mrsr89

Jun 15, 2015
Hi everyone!

Hoping someone can help me out? I've done a lot of research online about this process but I keep hearing different things and stories so I'm hoping someone on here has advice or personal experience with this matter.

So my story: My boyfriend and I are from the U.S. We have been together for 3 and a half years. He recently got a transfer offer from his job to work in Canada for a year. We're in the process of getting all of the visa stuff done through his work. They are saying I can go with him as a common law partner. To make this happen he made me the beneficiary of his life insurance. Now his HR people are saying that might not be enough to sway the border as we just got the insurance claim and we might have to prove we've been LIVING together for a year. The problem with that is we haven't been able to live in the same household during our relationship due to family and financial reasons. So they are saying we can claim a conjugal partnership and provide statements from people in our lives about our relationship and why we weren't allowed to live together. Everything I've looked up online about conjugal partnerships is about couples that couldn't claim a common law partnership due to being in separate countries. Which is not our case. Ours is purely due to financial reasons but we've been together in the same city for 3 years and are dependent on each other just like a common law partnership. So I'm wondering if that would still work? His job is saying worst case scenario is I'd only be allowed to stay 6 months as a visitor and I can TRY to apply for a work visa while I'm there as him being my sponsor. I hope this made sense. Basically he's getting a visa to work for just 1 year at a specific job and I need to be allowed to go with him and get an open work visa for myself. And yes we plan on moving back to the U.S. after that year is done. I'd appreciate any advice or similar stories! Thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Mrsr89 said:
So my story: My boyfriend and I are from the U.S. We have been together for 3 and a half years.
I'm summarize the key points (your boyfriend's workplace is giving you a lot of wrong advice):

1) You can only accompany him if you are common law or married (conjugal does not qualify). To be accepted as a common law couple, you must be able to provide hard evidence that you have been physically living together for at least one full and continuous year. Adding you to his insurance policies will not be accepted as proof you are common law - you need to prove you have actually lived together. So forget this route since you don't meet the criteria of an accompanying dependent.

2) You can certainly try entering Canada as a visitor. However you are only allowed to visit - you are not allowed to live here. If you arrive looking like you're trying to move to Canada, you could be only allowed in for a short period of time (not the full six months) or even denied entry completely. If you manage to get a six month visit, you can apply to extend your visit without leaving Canada once you are close to the end of the original six month period.

3) There is no rule that states you can apply for a work permit if you have been in Canada as a visitor for six months. This rule only applies to people holding TRPs (temporary resident permit). TRPs are a special class of visa that are very difficult to get and that allow someone who is otherwise inadmissible to Canada (typically due to a crime) to enter Canada. So you don't qualify for a work permit under this rule and if you apply you will be automatically refused. Again, you won't qualify for a work permit based on your boyfriend's job in Canada until you have lived together for a full year.

It sounds to me like your best bet is to try to enter Canada as a visitor for six months and then try to extend your visit for another six months afterwards. Keep in mind that you won't be able to work or attend school - and you won't be covered by Canada's health care system (so make sure you purchase private insurance). If you can find an employer in Canada willing to offer you a full time job then you may be able to apply for your own work permit. Finding an employer tends to be very difficult.

Owl29

Nov 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2015
AOR Received.
25-12-2015
File Transfer...
13-01-2016
Med's Done....
05-10-2015
Interview........
18-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2016
LANDED..........
06-04-2016
Hello,

I have a question. When I started to communicate with my soon to be Canadian husband I was still legally married to other guy. Due some personal issues I wasn't able to obtain divorce papers at that time, but before I came to Canada as visitor to live with him, I got official divorce papers. Now I am gathering proof of our relationship in order for him to sponsor me after our marriage, but I wonder, will there be issues that I was still "officially" married to other guy when we started our relationship. Will it raise a lot of questions?

Pepper80

Feb 26, 2015

We received application for permanent residence on August 8, 2012.
We started processing application on May 8, 2015.
Medical results have been received. (This update received about 2 weeks ago)

Current processing time for ISB office is 40 months. Was just curious how long it takes Once medical results received. We had to do his medical again recently - hoping we are nearing the end of the process.

zee28 said:
Hi there,
Can you please share your timeline 34 month is a long peroid of time

Can baby

Star Member
May 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2015
Doc's Request.
29-05-2015
AOR Received.
11-04-2015
File Transfer...
28-04-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-05-2015.... Received by POS 08-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2015
LANDED..........
Hubby's planning for November
SanaHumail said:
hey there
your timeline says that you received passport request just after a month your file was transferred. Is the process that quick ?? :eek:
From what I can see from this forum and from what I heard from others, not normally. My case is unique due to personal circumstances of which I'd rather not elaborate on.... I asked cic to speed up the process due to that reason. It looks like they have in my case... Not sure if it's because of that and that's why they moved so fast or if they're just more efficient for 2015 applicants at the POS office. Only God and the cic know. I'm grateful though.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can baby said:
From what I can see from this forum and from what I heard from others, not normally. My case is unique due to personal circumstances of which I'd rather not elaborate on.... I asked cic to speed up the process due to that reason. It looks like they have in my case... Not sure if it's because of that and that's why they moved so fast or if they're just more efficient for 2015 applicants at the POS office. Only God and the cic know. I'm grateful though.
The only times that I've ever heard of CIC expediting an application, is in a case where the applicant is in Canada and has lost their legal status. CIC sometimes does this to [hopefully] avoid the person being removed from Canada.

Whatever your reason is/was, congratulations on now being in the fast lane!

RWoods

Dec 9, 2014
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 16, 2014
Doc's Request.
RPRF - September 10, 2014
File Transfer...
August 7, 2014
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
LANDED..........
January 10, 2015 - YAY!!!!
Owl29 said:
Hello,

I have a question. When I started to communicate with my soon to be Canadian husband I was still legally married to other guy. Due some personal issues I wasn't able to obtain divorce papers at that time, but before I came to Canada as visitor to live with him, I got official divorce papers. Now I am gathering proof of our relationship in order for him to sponsor me after our marriage, but I wonder, will there be issues that I was still "officially" married to other guy when we started our relationship. Will it raise a lot of questions?
As much as I am not proud of it I had overlap with my previous marriage and my relationship with my now husband. (and my now husband also had overlap with his previous marriage...) It didn't seem to raise any flags in our case. Best of luck.

Can baby

Star Member
May 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2015
Doc's Request.
29-05-2015
AOR Received.
11-04-2015
File Transfer...
28-04-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-05-2015.... Received by POS 08-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2015
LANDED..........
Hubby's planning for November
Ponga said:
The only times that I've ever heard of CIC expediting an application, is in a case where the applicant is in Canada and has lost their legal status. CIC sometimes does this to [hopefully] avoid the person being removed from Canada.

Whatever your reason is/was, congratulations on now being in the fast lane!
Wasn't the case... Good to know though. Thanks though! Good luck to all! I know how stressful the process can be.