File Transfer...
19 May 2015
Med's Request
18 Mar 2016 (Remedical)
Med's Done....
28 Mar 2016 (Remedical)
Can baby said:
E-cas says: Sponsorship application status - Decision made and
Permanent Residence application status - in process. PPR came in on May 27. So in other words, yes and yes :).
Great news!

Can baby

Star Member
May 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2015
Doc's Request.
29-05-2015
AOR Received.
11-04-2015
File Transfer...
28-04-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-05-2015.... Received by POS 08-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2015
LANDED..........
Hubby's planning for November
itslaeq said:
Great news!
Thank you! Just can't wait for this whole thing to be done with. Such a stress.

itslaeq

Nov 26, 2011
Thompson MB
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06 Mar 2015
Doc's Request.
13 Jan 2016
AOR Received.
06 May 2015
File Transfer...
19 May 2015
Med's Request
18 Mar 2016 (Remedical)
Med's Done....
28 Mar 2016 (Remedical)
Can baby said:
I understand but I think you shouldn't be complaining :D. You've got so far and I think it is just a matter of a few days. Most of us do not know where we are and how long we might be waiting :(

Can baby

Star Member
May 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2015
Doc's Request.
29-05-2015
AOR Received.
11-04-2015
File Transfer...
28-04-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-05-2015.... Received by POS 08-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2015
LANDED..........
Hubby's planning for November
itslaeq said:
I understand but I think you shouldn't be complaining :D. You've got so far and I think it is just a matter of a few days. Most of us do not know where we are and how long we might be waiting :(
Not a complaint by any means. :) I know there's so many folks out there, on this forum alone, who are praying to be where I'm at in the process. I was just stating the obvious. I guess I woke up missing hubby a lil more than usual. :)

Sarim

Aug 13, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London... Resident United Arab Emirates... National Pakistan...
App. Filed.......
02, June 2015
AOR Received.
09, July 2015... AOR2 10, Aug 2015
File Transfer...
29, July 2015... In Process 6, Aug 2015
Med's Request
Upfront 23, May 2015
Interview........
Waived... Decision Made 12, Nov 2015
Passport Req..
24, Nov 2015... Passport Sent 1, Dec 2015
VISA ISSUED...
09, Dec 2015... PP & COPR rcvd 16, Dec 2015
LANDED..........
19, May 2016
I noticed spouse assessment time not updating last update from 26 May 2015. Suppose to update 2 and 9 June but no update and they mentioned assessments update on weekly basis :(

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Sarim said:
I noticed spouse assessment time not updating last update from 26 May 2015. Suppose to update 2 and 9 June but no update and they mentioned assessments update on weekly basis :(
It updates on a "maybe" basis, not weekly.

The update from "May 26" was put on the site on June 5th, nowhere near May 26.
So it was updated recently, but that update did not make it up on May 26th.

Some weeks it doesn't update, and the updates are always at least 2 weeks older than the date they were posted on.

itslaeq

Nov 26, 2011
Thompson MB
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06 Mar 2015
Doc's Request.
13 Jan 2016
AOR Received.
06 May 2015
File Transfer...
19 May 2015
Med's Request
18 Mar 2016 (Remedical)
Med's Done....
28 Mar 2016 (Remedical)
Can baby said:
Not a complaint by any means. :) I know there's so many folks out there, on this forum alone, who are praying to be where I'm at in the process. I was just stating the obvious. I guess I woke up missing hubby a lil more than usual. :)
Oh yes, I agree with you. Hope for the best for all who are waiting. All the best to you.

benitaagogo

Apr 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2015, CIC received 03-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-16-2015, SA 04-30-2015
File Transfer...
05-07-2015
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
waived, IP on Oct.9, DM on Nov.12
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
12-06-2015
Hi all, has anyone go on working holidays while waiting for IP?

We applied outland in March 2015 and I got AoR2 in May, but it seems like HKVO has slowed down the processing time to snail speed, hubby and I are thinking about going to Australia on Working holidays visa so we both can work and can also visit friends there till I get the COPR.

What will the outcome be if we do so? What I can think of is we might be asked to show the proof of our intention of moving back to Canada, and also we might have to change our address to CIC when we go to Australia, or maybe we don't have to because we put hubby's parents' address on the mailing address so we won't miss any mail CIC sends?

Really need suggestions and advise please!

jmjmjmjm

Star Member
Oct 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 23, 2015
AOR Received.
April 22, 2015
File Transfer...
May 25, 2015
Med's Done....
February 2015
Passport Req..
June 10, 2015 passport sent to CEM Sept. 4, 2015
Hi guys! Need some advice. I sponsored my husband, we recently received an email from the canadian embassy in manila (this is the very first email/correspondence received from manila though I have received correspondences before here in canada refarding my eligibility to sponsor). Anyhow the very first email we received from canadian embassy is requesting for my husband's original passport, appendix A, and photos. I checked the email they sent me when they requested for my passport 3 years ago which required me to submit the same document but the email is a total different format. I am just wondering though is this really a passport request for my husband cause it doesnt even show on the email his application is approved pr he is eligible..

imart_23

May 26, 2015
I'm a Canadian and I wrote earlier last month that I wanted to come with my Ukrainian wife to Canada on a visitor's visa and apply inland for her permanent residency. I had a quick consultation with a lawyer who said this was possible but the option is slightly confusing and they didn't have time to answer my other questions. I'd like to ask for your help.

Firstly, regarding dual intent, should we state on the visitor application that we are going to apply inland for PR or should we state that we are simply visiting? Technically both are true, I'm just not sure what is the correct answer and if stating openly that we have the intent to apply for PR inland would cause them to reject the visitor visa. I should also note that we have a 4 month old son, who is also Canadian, and the reason we want to apply inland is to unite us three with my parents so the whole family could be together since we are currently living in Europe.

Secondly, does it make sense to apply inland for the PR already online before getting to Canada? Our residence will be registered initially at my parent's house so we already have that. I simply don't know what happens to the inland process if we're technically not yet in the country.

Thirdly, we have a small complication since my wife's current residency is in limbo since her long-term one expired but we've already been in the process for her permanent since she's been here over 5 years and we're married for 1 year now and I have been a permanent resident as well and by default so is our son, and she already has a letter stating she will get a 2 year temporary residence automatically even if the permanent residence is for some reason rejected. I know this one is really unclear but has anyone applied with the Vienna office in a similar situation where they didn't have the residency card? We're thinking it might be worthwhile going to Kiev for a couple of weeks and applying there as it's faster anyway.

We don't really care too much about the third issue since we can probably sort that out ourselves, but the first two are critical for us as we're a bit lost to which direction to take. We definitely can't apply outland since I need to go back home to work starting September/October.

Annabo

Aug 1, 2014
hi guys!!! I'm new here trying to find the solution for my problem. Having a multiple visitor visa which is valid till April,2016 I came to Canada in May, 2014 and got married. It's been a year I've been staying here with my husband. All this time Canadian Embassy extended my staying two times and last time they gave me the extension till May, 2016.
Recently me and my love decided to apply outland because the terms of consideration are faster. We have gathered almost all the documents....just waiting for C Option which is supposed to come only in two weeks. Everything looks fine, but the problem is that we decided to go to my motherland in two weeks to see my family. Everything is booked. We plan to come back together after spending two weeks in Ukraine. We thought we would manage to send all the documents for PR (sponsorship outland) before we go to Ukraine and it is gonna be a reason for customs to explain that I'm coming back to Canada with my husband to wait for the Embassy's decision concerning my PR here. And my multiple visa actually allows me to re enter again. But unfortunately it seems like we won't be able to send the documents to the Embassy before our trip. Do you think there is a possibility that they can refuse me to enter Canada on our return after such short term staying outside Canada?
Maybe it is better to cancel the tickets and stay here? We just do not want to be separated for a year or more till they consider our documents for PR.

I'll be extremely appreciated for any of your advice or feedback.
The days of our trip are approaching and we are very confused what to do.

thank you in advance

have a good day

Ana

Jolei

Star Member
May 6, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
08-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-03-2015
Passport Req..
06-07-2015, passport sent July 11
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully August plssss Lord :)
LANDED..........
Hopefully August plssss Lord :)
jmjmjmjm said:
Hi guys! Need some advice. I sponsored my husband, we recently received an email from the canadian embassy in manila (this is the very first email/correspondence received from manila though I have received correspondences before here in canada refarding my eligibility to sponsor). Anyhow the very first email we received from canadian embassy is requesting for my husband's original passport, appendix A, and photos. I checked the email they sent me when they requested for my passport 3 years ago which required me to submit the same document but the email is a total different format. I am just wondering though is this really a passport request for my husband cause it doesnt even show on the email his application is approved pr he is eligible..
Hello jmjmjmjm, yes i think so it's the passport request and everything,congratulations! :) it's really different now, 2yrs ago we sent our passport thru the dropbox at CEM but now it's not allowed anymore and should be courier. :) can you pls post your timeline, about when did you submit your application? Thank you! :)

MommyBear888

May 8, 2015
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2015
Doc's Request.
23-05-2015
Passport Req..
23-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-11-2015
LANDED..........
12-01-2016
jmjmjmjm said:
As ive read here in the forum, sometimes manila office already request the passport even before the start of the process of your application.

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
imart_23 said:
I'm a Canadian and I wrote earlier last month that I wanted to come with my Ukrainian wife to Canada on a visitor's visa and apply inland for her permanent residency. I had a quick consultation with a lawyer who said this was possible but the option is slightly confusing and they didn't have time to answer my other questions. I'd like to ask for your help.

Firstly, regarding dual intent, should we state on the visitor application that we are going to apply inland for PR or should we state that we are simply visiting? Technically both are true, I'm just not sure what is the correct answer and if stating openly that we have the intent to apply for PR inland would cause them to reject the visitor visa. I should also note that we have a 4 month old son, who is also Canadian, and the reason we want to apply inland is to unite us three with my parents so the whole family could be together since we are currently living in Europe.

Secondly, does it make sense to apply inland for the PR already online before getting to Canada? Our residence will be registered initially at my parent's house so we already have that. I simply don't know what happens to the inland process if we're technically not yet in the country.

Thirdly, we have a small complication since my wife's current residency is in limbo since her long-term one expired but we've already been in the process for her permanent since she's been here over 5 years and we're married for 1 year now and I have been a permanent resident as well and by default so is our son, and she already has a letter stating she will get a 2 year temporary residence automatically even if the permanent residence is for some reason rejected. I know this one is really unclear but has anyone applied with the Vienna office in a similar situation where they didn't have the residency card? We're thinking it might be worthwhile going to Kiev for a couple of weeks and applying there as it's faster anyway.

We don't really care too much about the third issue since we can probably sort that out ourselves, but the first two are critical for us as we're a bit lost to which direction to take. We definitely can't apply outland since I need to go back home to work starting September/October.

You can not apply inland if you are not in the country.
You can apply outland and get the ball rolling ,then come to Canada . Your wife can not live here but she can visit. Many couples come to Canada and apply outland. Once your wife is in Canada then you can get the visa extended .

Do not turn up at the boarder with every thing you own. If the Officer thins that your wife is going to over stay they can put her back on that plane .

SanaHumail

Mar 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can baby said:

hey there
your timeline says that you received passport request just after a month your file was transferred. Is the process that quick ?? :eek: