Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-04-2015
AOR Received.
14-07-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Can my common-law partner work part time and sponsor me?
Is it okay if he gets a job tomorrow and we apply the next day?
He doesnt have a job now :eek:
But he will have part time tomorrow. Is it a red flag?
Please help :eek:

dip25_shah

Star Member
Jun 16, 2014
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6th July 2014
Doc's Request.
17th Sep 2014
File Transfer...
8th July 2014
Med's Request
Medical Reassessment 9th Feb 2015
Med's Done....
3rd March 2014 (Medical Reassessment done 12tht Feb 2014)
Interview........
No Interview ;) (Dicision made: 19th March 2015)
Passport Req..
31st March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
25th April 2015
LANDED..........
5th May 2015
Hello frds,
Im frm mumbai. I got letter PPR frm NDVO. In letter thy hv sent me link of VFS GLOBAL (india) how to my transmit passport along with letter. Now my question is that
1. VFS has office in mumbai can i go ther n submit my passport for stamping or i need to go new delhi for tht
2. if i ned to go new delhi thn is it fine if one of my relative go on behalf of me in VFS ofc to submit my passport n letter
(Note. I sent my passport by courier bt it came bk coz thy dont accept any courier
Pl. guide me
Thanks

Annabell

Jun 27, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2012
AOR Received.
08-01-2013
Med's Done....
14-09-2012
LANDED..........
May 19, 2015
volkov said:
thanks Ponga, but is this open work permit possible when another open work permit has reached it's duration? in other words is it possible to extend being on work permits after spending all this time already on an expiring open work permit?

if a spousal application is put in say in June and the current open work permit is due to expire next year May, when should one apply for a new work permit, noticing the 4 month wait you mention for that?
Hi Volkov,

Yes you can apply to extend your OWP/stay with form "Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Visitor or Temporary Resident Permit Holder [IMM 5708]" which gives you another OWP. I'm on my second now and it was for 2 years this time so hopefully will last until I'm PR. it needs to be submitted 30 days before the other runs out and you can work even when there is a gap between them (as I had) as on implied status.

Hope this helps.

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Katerina07 said:
Yes he can Sponsor you on Part Time Job.As long as he did not receive any social assistant or welfare.He will be able to sponsor you. it will not affect Case.So it will not be a Red Flag.

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
Katerina07 said:

He doesn't require a job to sponsor you, what he needs is a plan of how to support the both of you . You can not be on welfare or gone or going through bankrupt .His option C printout for Canada Revenue is also required.

haldashti

Dec 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
14-03-2015
File Transfer...
24-04-2015
Med's Done....
10-05-2015
Passport Req..
16-09-2015
Hello all,
Anyone here has experienced delays in SA stage? My application is for outland(I live in Canada, wife oversees)Mine is way past, current time for SA is 64days, mine is almost 90 days now.
I received AOR on March 14th, and my application was received by CPC on Jan 12th. I've been calling CIC on regular basis, the decision is not their's to make, all they could do was sending an e-mail to CPC inquiring about my case, that was torwards the end of March. Still nothing, when I talked with CIC today the agent tells me, they can't take any further actions, until 3 months have passed from the time they sent the e-mail! Frustrating to say the least. Any thoughts, experiences with such scenarios would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
haldashti said:
Hello all,
Anyone here has experienced delays in SA stage? My application is for outland(I live in Canada, wife oversees)Mine is way past, current time for SA is 64days, mine is almost 90 days now.
I received AOR on March 14th, and my application was received by CPC on Jan 12th. I've been calling CIC on regular basis, the decision is not their's to make, all they could do was sending an e-mail to CPC inquiring about my case, that was torwards the end of March. Still nothing, when I talked with CIC today the agent tells me, they can't take any further actions, until 3 months have passed from the time they sent the e-mail! Frustrating to say the least. Any thoughts, experiences with such scenarios would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Have you doubled checked the sponsors email account and junk mail to make sure they haven't sent you a request for more information or a document needed to be signed or dated.

natodincan

Oct 6, 2014
Hi there,

Sorry if this is answered somewhere, I am at a loss as to how to efficiently navigate this extremely useful site!

It is time to submit my tax return. I am a Canadian in Canada sponsoring my American husband for PR in Canada. I checked married on my return, but do I include his income for 2014? (we were married in Sept 2014)

And do I leave his SIN number blank since he doesn't have one?

He submitted his USA return as single as recommended by HR block since the dollar amounts would not have been affected.
I don't know how it works down there but I have to check the married box up here...

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
natodincan said:
Hi there,

Sorry if this is answered somewhere, I am at a loss as to how to efficiently navigate this extremely useful site!

It is time to submit my tax return. I am a Canadian in Canada sponsoring my American husband for PR in Canada. I checked married on my return, but do I include his income for 2014? (we were married in Sept 2014)

And do I leave his SIN number blank since he doesn't have one?

He submitted his USA return as single as recommended by HR block since the dollar amounts would not have been affected.
I don't know how it works down there but I have to check the married box up here...

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!
yes, you include his world income.
instead of a sin number, you use all 0's.

it's common for married people in the us to file as single. it's not a problem at all that he did that.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yup:
http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/free-books/living-together-book/chapter4-6.html

Common law marriage counts as a real marriage as far as taxes are concerned. If you live in one of the states that recognize common law marriage and you hold yourself out to be married, you are also married for federal tax purposes and should file accordingly. However, if you and your partner live together with no intent to be married, you may (and should) file as single individuals even if you live in a state recognizing common law marriage.

Mapleson

Apr 2, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2015
Doc's Request.
21-08-2015
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
File Transfer...
28-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
24-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2015
LANDED..........
18-10-2015
Question: I didn't label my application as family class/spousal, only to the courier address for CPC-M. Will that delay my AOR? Will I get lost in the shuffle? Is there anything I can do to fix it?

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Mapleson said:
Question: I didn't label my application as family class/spousal, only to the courier address for CPC-M. Will that delay my AOR? Will I get lost in the shuffle? Is there anything I can do to fix it?
The guide says to label it, so hopefully it doesn't cause much of a delay since they will have to just open your application to see. The thing I'd be worried about is that in the past CIC has put OUTLAND applications with the inland ones, but that has been few and far between.

There isn't anything u can do though because until they open your application and begin to assess it and u receive your uci number, they won't have a way to locate your application.

Don't worry too much. It is a bigger chance that everything will be fine and nothing delayed.

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mapleson said:
Well it should be labeled as per guide but if it is missed i think once they will open the File then they can Decide.Hopefully there will not be any delay in AOR.You can Wait only for now as without File Number you can not do anything.

fongnation

Feb 12, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2015
AOR Received.
08-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-05-2015
Med's Done....
13-12-2014
Passport Req..
25-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2015
Katerina07 said:
Technically yes, There is no official income requirements for spousal sponsorship. That being said, and considering you are from Russia (I'm guessing), It really depends on the situation. If you could provide me more details, where you live currently, where your partner lives currently, inland or outland sponsorship, and the nature of your common law status. My wife is from Russia, and apparently from what I have read, they don't look kindly on common-law relationships unless you have a valid explanation of why you are not married. Also, you said your partner will be working part-time, is this in Canada? If so, it's going to be a little tough to explain a common-law relationship, unless you were together for a year or more and he has since moved back to Canada.

haldashti

Dec 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
14-03-2015
File Transfer...
24-04-2015
Med's Done....
10-05-2015
Passport Req..
16-09-2015
taffy7 said:
Have you doubled checked the sponsors email account and junk mail to make sure they haven't sent you a request for more information or a document needed to be signed or dated.
Hello Taffy7. I am the sponsor, and yes I have been checking my junk e-mail as well. Thanks for the suggestion. Still no word from CIC/CPC