+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

tinabenamer

Apr 6, 2015
Hi Everyone,

I need your help

I am currently residing in Canada as a Visitors VISA, we have submitted our Sponsorship application last February 2015 but didn't include the OWP application (I have no idea about that). But Last March 2015, i have submitted my Visit visa extension through ONLINE, never heard of them yet.The expiry date of my Visitors visa is on May 31 2015. My question is should i still send an application for OPEN WORK PERMIT?

Please let me know i am really terrified. I

K3

Star Member
Nov 25, 2011
Hi
My husband in india received a email regarding submission of passport.
But is he suppose to submit the passport at near VFS office or is there some other way to submit the passport?
I would really appreciate your help guys.
Thnx kindly

K3

Star Member
Nov 25, 2011
I applied under spousal family visa my time line
Applied 17 July 2014
Aor from delhi 23 sept. 2014
In process 22 feb. 2015
Decision made 10 March 2015
Passport request 22 March 2015.
Hi
My husband in india received a email regarding submission of passport.
But is he suppose to submit the passport at near VFS office or is there some other way to submit the passport?
I would really appreciate your help guys.
Thnx kindly

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
tinabenamer said:
My question is should i still send an application for OPEN WORK PERMIT?

Please let me know i am really terrified. I
Why on earth are you terrified? You aren't required to submit an OWP app and there is nothing wrong with applying to extend your visitor status.

You should still submit the OWP app now, as it will give you the right to work much sooner

K3 said:
He should submit the app to wherever the email told him to.

shy_guy

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
Med's Request
11-08-2014
Med's Done....
10-09-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-07-2015
Hi all,

How long can ordering notes take....
can they take more than a month as well ? What to do incase if it exceeds month time

shy_guy

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
Med's Request
11-08-2014
Med's Done....
10-09-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-07-2015
m9090 said:
What is ordering notes and when can you do it?
Notes are a way to get inforamtion about ur application file status (in depth)

to order them (one shouldnot order soon, order when avg. processing time of VO has already been passed or you think u have missed something from them in any communication)

Some members are asking about GCMS/ATIP notes and how can we order that.
Any Canadian Citizen or Permanent resident can request online on behalf of anyone (Fee max. 5$)
arrange 4 things first:

here is link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5744E.pdf

To Fill Form :
The form updated in Oct 2014, so here is the new method to fill it.

Section A will have principal applicant's name (the one who is being sponsored from pk)
section A will have principal applicant's signature as well

Section B will have Sponsor's name (the one who is in Canada)
section B will have Canadian Sponsor's signature as well

Section C will also have Sponsor's name (the one who is in Canada)
on section C
ICCRC number
Business or organization name both spaces will have
N/A written if you applied your spousal case without any lawyer

Section C:(4) : Check the e-mail Box

Put N/A in Section D

Sponsor and Principal Applicant will only have to fill one IMM5744E form and both will sign the same form
principal applicant's should fill/print/sign/scan and e-mail it to Canadian Sponsor who will print/sign/scan ad upload it on Atip Website

4. copy of passport of your spouse
go to the website;
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en
accept all
under
"*Please select the Department where you would like to submit an Access to Information or Privacy request."
Select:
Citizenship and immigration Canada

Fill your information (Not your spouse or for whom you are getting gcms notes)

Under
*Are you requesting information on your own behalf?
Select: NO

Under
*Select the category that best describes you.
Select: Member of public

Under:
*How would you prefer to receive the requested records?
Select: Email

On next page

Under
*Please select the Act under which you are submitting the request.
Select: Access of Information Act

Under
*Which type of records do you wish to request?
Select: Case Files

and then fill your spouse name file no. etc.
Attach consent form and your PR Card scan copy and scan copy of your spouse.
pay the 5$ fee
Exactly after 30 days you will get CAIPS notes in your email:

m9090

Apr 7, 2015
Great info, thanks!

I'm Canadian living in Canada and my wife with two kids lives in Dubai.
Here is my timeline so far
SPONSOR:
Application Received: Nov 25, 2014
Started Processing: Feb 17, 2015
Decision Made: Feb 23, 2015

SPOUSE: (PAKISTANI CITIZEN) CHILDREN: CANADIAN

My Questions
1) My Spouse's phone number is changed, how to update that information? (is there a need to do it, or will it delay the process)
2) Will the Visa Office be mailing a letter to my spouse or will they continue to e-mail the letters to me? (I received letter by e-mail stating the I have met requirements to sponsor)
3) Spouse Police certificate was for only 3 months from Dubai police, will they request for another one as 3 months have passed.
Hi Everyone!
SPONSOR:

My Questions
1) My Spouse's phone number is changed, how to update that information? (is there a need to do it, or will it delay the process)
2) Will the Visa Office be mailing a letter to my spouse or will they continue to e-mail the letters to me? (I received letter by e-mail stating the I have met requirements to sponsor)
3) Spouse Police certificate was for only 3 months from Dubai police, will they request for another one as 3 months have passed.
4) final Million dollar question? How long will take?

shy_guy

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
Med's Request
11-08-2014
Med's Done....
10-09-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-07-2015
m9090 said:
Great info, thanks!

SPONSOR:

My Questions

Whats the Stage 2 Visa office, send them case specific email... (It wont cause delays, just update if u like)

They will email ur spouse too (whatever email she has given them), if they require information during Stage 2...

They donot request usually , they might request in the end when case is near to finalization

m9090

Apr 7, 2015
m9090 said:
SPONSOR:

My Questions

Whats the Stage 2 Visa office, send them case specific email... (It wont cause delays, just update if u like)

They will email ur spouse too (whatever email she has given them), if they require information during Stage 2...

They donot request usually , they might request in the end when case is near to finalization

Appreciate your reply
Stage 2: Abu Dhabi Visa office in UAE

m11nk

Aug 14, 2014
my husband is in canada having PR card n we have applied for immigration..im a doctor doing govt job..cn i apply for visit visa??how much chances of getting visit visa when immigration is in process

MiguelSeo

Jul 2, 2014
MiguelSeo said:
Hello.
I have a doubt and I hope you can help me.
I'm Argentinian and I'm being sponsored by my wife who is Canadian resident. We got married past August in Argentina. After that I applied for Visa tourist in December and I got a multiple entry visa for 7 years. We landed to Canada in January of 2015 and few days after that we applied for OUTLAND sponsorship. I'm planning go to Argentina in May and come back to Canada in June. So the question is should I have any trouble to enter Canada while I'm being sponsored?

Thanks a lot.
Best regards,

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
m11nk said:
my husband is in canada having PR card n we have applied for immigration..im a doctor doing govt job..cn i apply for visit visa??how much chances of getting visit visa when immigration is in process
Yes you Can apply for Visa while Application is In Process.There Should not be Any Problem.

Frizante

Apr 7, 2015
Hi everybody,

I spent hours on this topic trying to find answers to all my doubts. It helped a lot but I'm still uncertain of certain things.

I'm from South America, 27 years old, I have been living in Canada (Montreal) since 2012 as a student and I'll be done my graduadet diploma in a month (I cant apply for a post graduated working permit because i already had one once)......

I had a relationship with a Canadian man for 2 years and a half, then... I met my current fiance, we fell in love, I brokeup with my ex and now I've been dating my fiance for only 3 months.

He is 43 and I'm 27, I know it's is a big age difference but we are totaly compatible and in love and we plan to move in together by the end of the month and get organized to get married in a couple of months. We both have the ''buterflies'' in our stomach and we want to apply for immigration (sponsorship) ASAP.

We intend to do a small cerimony with my parents and his parents and close friends only (Maybe around 20 people). Untill our marriage we will have about 6 months of relationship only. Is this a small period of time? Should we wait a bit longer to apply? Should we get married, wait few more months and then apply? Should we get married within 6 months of reltionship and apply right away? Should we just wait longer to get married?

We are a bit lost but we don't really want to wait too long because we don't want to put ourlives ''on hold''. I mean, I wouldn't be able to do anything untill I get my papers and this is really frustraiting...

Anyways... I'd love to hear from your guys