+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Shweraj

Apr 1, 2015
Hi
Am planning to apply Pr for my spouse. Could anyone please help me the below questions
1. I understand it's a 2 step process. How long does the process take. I checked the cic website it says 2 + x months. In most regions 10+ months. Does it really take almost a year ?
2. How long should the sponsor stay in Canada after he/she has received her PR status to sponsor spouse

Am already in Canada while my spouse is not

Any info is must appreciated.

Thanks

Darlenemay14

Apr 1, 2015
Hi Everyone,

I hope I can get an answer right away with my question :),

My husband just got a notice to leave Canada in a month's time ( so sad but We just have to accept )
He was a refugee claimant but got refused last year. We got married last year, and started filing my spousal sponsorship this January, inland. Cause he was still here, and we dont know yet that time if he has to go home or not. Anyways, it has been 3 months now after we filed the application, and now, we have been told to start the application again. But, is it possible that we can still get all the papers we sent, and organize again and them send it outland application. I know it was a waste of time but It would be more waste if we have to collect everything again, especially the pictures and all the proofs about the genuinity of our relationship. Can please someone answer this., or better yet give some advice on what to do. Would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Darlenemay14 said:
Hi Everyone,

I hope I can get an answer right away with my question :),

My husband just got a notice to leave Canada in a month's time ( so sad but We just have to accept )
He was a refugee claimant but got refused last year. We got married last year, and started filing my spousal sponsorship this January, inland. Cause he was still here, and we dont know yet that time if he has to go home or not. Anyways, it has been 3 months now after we filed the application, and now, we have been told to start the application again. But, is it possible that we can still get all the papers we sent, and organize again and them send it outland application. I know it was a waste of time but It would be more waste if we have to collect everything again, especially the pictures and all the proofs about the genuinity of our relationship. Can please someone answer this., or better yet give some advice on what to do. Would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance
Sorry to hear this.

Have you contacted the CBSA and asked them why they chose not to request CIC to expedite the Inland application to reach stage 1 approval (AIP)?
As long as the Inland sponsorship application was submitted before he was deemed `Removal Ready', it would seem that he would have been protected by the CBSA Administrative Deferral of Removal policy (which is detailed in CIC document: ip08, somewhere around page 50). There has, however, been a rumour that this ADR policy may no longer be in place...which would explain this...maybe?

Many people (but apparently not all) have had CBSA request this from CIC, to prevent them from having to remove the person from Canada. They request that CIC process the application within 60 days to reach AIP, which prevents the removal.

If you do have to now submit an Outland application, you should contact CIC ASAP and request that they cancel/return your Inland application. There's really no reason why they can't do that, considering they haven't started to process it yet. You should also be entitled to a full refund (or use the same receipts for the Outland application, minus the OWP if you included that with the inland application). OWP is not available for an Outland applicant, so you would get that amount refunded, if it was included originally.

Good luck to you both!

Guia

Mar 2, 2015
Hi Leon
I've been sponsor by my husband under the Inland Sponsorship and we just got the mail notification that my application has been completed and I'm waiting for the finalization. My question is, my husband would like to go to Cuba for a week to celebrate, can I leave the Country for a Holiday or do I risk that the re-entry will be deny?

DNP

Mar 28, 2015
canuck_in_uk said:
Being able to meet the RO has nothing to do with the expiry date of your PR card. For someone to meet the RO when they've been a PR for less than 5 years, they must spend 730 days in Canada in the 5 years immediately after the LANDING DATE. If you landed Dec 22nd, 2011 and spent 94 days here, you would have had to enter Canada about 5 days ago to be able to meet the RO.

As you do NOT MEET THE RO, my previous advice in regards to sponsoring your family stands.
I understand that I will have to complete my 2 years of stay in Canada and renew my PR which it takes app. 3 to 4 months and then apply for my family to sponsor them. The whole process time to bring my family would be app. 3.5 years. This is going to be very hard to leave them for such a long time. Kindly let me know if there is any alternate. Thanks again.

Violafan

Feb 19, 2014
hi guys, my case on Oct 7 2013, on march 17th 2015 i got a email from cic which info me support a document of my sponsor,i send over by email. but till now i did not receive any replay without a automatically confirm email, should i call them to confirm the supporting document or not? normally how long can i get the confirm of the cic of stage1, i really suffer of the processing......

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
DNP said:
I understand that I will have to complete my 2 years of stay in Canada and renew my PR which it takes app. 3 to 4 months and then apply for my family to sponsor them. The whole process time to bring my family would be app. 3.5 years. This is going to be very hard to leave them for such a long time. Kindly let me know if there is any alternate. Thanks again.
There is no real alternative. You cannot sponsor your family until you meet the residency requirement. And since you are a PR - you must be living in Canada when you apply to sponsor them and must continue living in Canada while their application is being processed. They can try applying for a TRV to come to Canada as visitors while their application is being processed.

If you're not willing to be separated, the alternative is to renounce (give up) your PR status and apply again from scratch (assuming you qualify) with your family included in the application.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Violafan said:
hi guys, my case on Oct 7 2013, on march 17th 2015 i got a email from cic which info me support a document of my sponsor,i send over by email. but till now i did not receive any replay without a automatically confirm email, should i call them to confirm the supporting document or not? normally how long can i get the confirm of the cic of stage1, i really suffer of the processing......
It sounds like you applied inland. Stage 1 of inland is currently taking 17 months. Assuming you did apply inland, CIC is currently working on applications received October 2013 and you should be hearing something about your stage 1 approval very soon. Then your application will move on to stage 2.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

CanadianInChile

Jan 14, 2015
Santiago, Chile
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2015
Nomination.....
SA - March 23
AOR Received.
18-03-2015
Goodmorning Everyone,

I had posted this question on another thread 6 weeks ago but did not receive many replies. I was hoping to find out if anyone is in/has had the same situation and get some opinions from senior people.

I am living exclusively outside Canadá with my husband while we wait for his PR application to be done. We filled our application in January. CIC send us AOR on March 18, followed by SA on March 23. We are now waiting to receive AOR2 from the visa office. My husband is a failed refugee claimant and will require an ARC letter to re-enter Canadá pending approval of his PR application. I have read on here that upon approval of our case the CIC agent will then request the ARC letter to be sent. I have also read that could add an additional 2 months to the process. I understand all situations are different but that this could be a likely possibility.

Do you think it seems too presumptuous to send the ARC letter pro actively when we receive the AOR2 from the visa office? Would it go against protocol? Could it upset the agent and make them feel like we are trying to make our own rules? I don't want us to come across like that at all. I am a born Canadian and I respect the rules and regulations of my country. I just want our application done as soon and smoothly as possible. (I am sure we all feel the same! :) Does anyone think this will cause an issue? I would value and appreciate any feedback you all may have. Thank you.

aleakim

Star Member
Sep 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi! i am helping my friend fill up the form to sponsor her husband who is in the Philippines. they got married last year there and now she's back here in Canada and gave birth to their daughter. she's been a PR for more than 5 years now.
but currently, She's not employed. would that have an effect on her application?

alucas_ece

Oct 25, 2012
Hi Everyone,

I would like to ask for help.
My wife is in Canada and she had submitted the sponsorship application last December 2014.
I am Filipino and currently working in Singapore and I read that Singapore processing is longer compare to that of Philippines as stated in the CIC website. Is this true? If this would be the case would it be possible to change the visa office where we applied? (e.g.from Singapore VO to Philippines VO). Please advise..

Thanks in advance.

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
alucas_ece said:
Hi Everyone,

I would like to ask for help.
My wife is in Canada and she had submitted the sponsorship application last December 2014.
I am Filipino and currently working in Singapore and I read that Singapore processing is longer compare to that of Philippines as stated in the CIC website. Is this true? If this would be the case would it be possible to change the visa office where we applied? (e.g.from Singapore VO to Philippines VO). Please advise..

Thanks in advance.
If your file has been sent to Singapore, you could try to request that they move it, but CIC will do as they see fit.

Singapore has had some files go very quickly, so it depends on the application.

adiiiii

Mar 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2013
AOR Received.
Feb 2013
Med's Request
Dec 2014
Interview........
Jan 2015
Passport Req..
23 March ,2015
VISA ISSUED...
3rd April
LANDED..........
22 may 2015
finally I got my visa....
thnx to all....

GMG

Star Member
Dec 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow--->Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2014
Doc's Request.
11-02-2015(passport copies of all pages)
File Transfer...
25-06-2014(Moscow)->04-09-2014(Warsaw)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
03-02-2014,,remedical 23-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-06-2015 (DM-28.05.15)
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
10-08-2015
adiiiii said:
finally I got my visa....
thnx to all....
Congrats)))

sensweetive

Apr 4, 2015
Hi! Everyone, I am having a hard time now here in Canada.. i am a Filipino, my husband is a Filipino too. He's been here for almost 4 years holdinh a work permit visa... I came here with my daughter last June 2015 holding a Spoisal open work permit and study permit for my daughter... But our relationship is breaking down... Our visa will expire on May 26, 2015 and I know he applied for renewal last January for all of us through online though He already applied for Permanent Residency last year before I came here for... But because we are not in good terms now he said he withdrew my passport for permanent residency in immigration becuase the immigration already request for our passpoert a weeks ago. What are the things should I do for me to stay here and work? And can i renew my work pemit by myself? And can I change my status because i don't want to be under his name anymore because he keeps on threatening my life here now :( i will really appreciate your answers please.... Thank you