Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Hello there

we are at the last stage of submitting our application for a spousal sponsorship. (My husband is the sponsor).

two questions

1. I'm currently residing in Germany and it says on the checklist that I should include a residence permit if I live in a country different from my country of nationality. The German residence permit comes as a card accompanied by a "Supplementary Paper" that goes with it. Both the card and the supplementary paper are in German. Do I need to get them translated?
2. Would it be useful to include my post-grad degrees or would those be unnecessary documents as I have already answered some questions about my education background in one of the forms.

Thanks in advance for your help

bigredmoose

Dec 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, AUS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014
AOR Received.
24-12-2014
File Transfer...
06-01-2015
Med's Done....
07-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
27/04/2015 (COPR)
LANDED..........
08/07/2015
Djn1993 said:
Just curious, once an outland sponsorship is completely approved, how long is the permanent visa valid for? What's the time limit for us to enter Canada?
Permanent Resident visas don't expire. They can be revoked, but they don't expire. In order to become a permanent resident though, you will need to land by a certain time. That's generally tied to the anniversary of your medical exam.

Abuelita

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-07-2015
LANDED..........
12-10-2015
still said:
Hello there

we are at the last stage of submitting our application for a spousal sponsorship. (My husband is the sponsor).

two questions

1. I'm currently residing in Germany and it says on the checklist that I should include a residence permit if I live in a country different from my country of nationality. The German residence permit comes as a card accompanied by a "Supplementary Paper" that goes with it. Both the card and the supplementary paper are in German. Do I need to get them translated?
2. Would it be useful to include my post-grad degrees or would those be unnecessary documents as I have already answered some questions about my education background in one of the forms.

Thanks in advance for your help
If your German residence permit is in German, I am afraid it will have to be translated into English or French.

I didn't include copies of my post-grad degrees.

tranjini

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
none
AOR Received.
27-02-2015
IELTS Request
none
File Transfer...
03-03-2015
Med's Request
Attached to application
Med's Done....
03-09-2015
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
June 4 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 15 2015
LANDED..........
July 8, 2015
You must translate and certify your german documents. You can include a copy of your school trascript than your degree and if it is in german translate it. You can write a letter indicating that you have a degree and you are capable of working in canada with those skills it is a strong support for your sponsorship. I did it for my husband. He did commerce in sri lanka and I did all that. Now days, Canada do not just accept people, they want skilled people even if it is spousal sponsorship. So, do it.

Abuelita said:
If your German residence permit is in German, I am afraid it will have to be translated into English or French.

tranjini

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
none
AOR Received.
27-02-2015
IELTS Request
none
File Transfer...
03-03-2015
Med's Request
Attached to application
Med's Done....
03-09-2015
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
June 4 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 15 2015
LANDED..........
July 8, 2015
Nope, the person need to travel out of the country before their medical and police clearance expire. it is true PR visa don't expire but the medical and police clearance do and they would ask you do it again if you stay in the country while it expires.

bigredmoose said:
Permanent Resident visas don't expire. They can be revoked, but they don't expire. In order to become a permanent resident though, you will need to land by a certain time. That's generally tied to the anniversary of your medical exam.

tranjini

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
none
AOR Received.
27-02-2015
IELTS Request
none
File Transfer...
03-03-2015
Med's Request
Attached to application
Med's Done....
03-09-2015
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
June 4 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 15 2015
LANDED..........
July 8, 2015
PR visa do not expire but your medical and police clearance do expire and if you are still in the country while it expires, you will be asked do it again.

Djn1993 said:
Just curious, once an outland sponsorship is completely approved, how long is the permanent visa valid for? What's the time limit for us to enter Canada?

RandyD

Jan 6, 2015
the wife just notified me that she needs an affidavit for son's passport. this is a renewal and no such thing was needed for the original. slide the lawyer a few bucks me thinks.
anyone know if the rules have changed in the last few years in Phils?

KarlR

Star Member
Oct 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
RandyD said:
the wife just notified me that she needs an affidavit for son's passport. this is a renewal and no such thing was needed for the original. slide the lawyer a few bucks me thinks.
anyone know if the rules have changed in the last few years in Phils?

Is your lawyer Saul goodman?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
tranjini said:
Now days, Canada do not just accept people, they want skilled people even if it is spousal sponsorship.
There is absolutely NO REQUIREMENT to be a skilled worker or have any specific level of education in a spousal app. It is based solely on the relationship with the Canadian sponsor. An illiterate person that has never worked a day in their life will be approved if they can show a genuine relationship.

tranjini said:
PR visa do not expire but your medical and police clearance do expire and if you are still in the country while it expires, you will be asked do it again.
COPRs have an expiry date stated right on them. If a person does not land by the COPR expiry date, their app is closed and they must start from scratch.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canuck_in_uk said:
There is absolutely NO REQUIREMENT to be a skilled worker or have any specific level of education in a spousal app. It is based solely on the relationship with the Canadian sponsor. An illiterate person that has never worked a day in their life will be approved if they can show a genuine relationship.

COPRs have an expiry date stated right on them. If a person does not land by the COPR expiry date, their app is closed and they must start from scratch.

Wow...two for two! ;)

Make that zero for two! LOL!

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
sniper23 said:
Plz help can a dependent be change after send to cic from accompany to non accompany

Yes but do it as soon as possible . One you received your SA email the VO that is handling your application and explain why they have changed their mind to non accompany. You will have to write a letter of explanation of the reasons.

still

Jan 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Abuelita said:

Thanks, Abuelita for the helpful reply!

still

Jan 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
canuck_in_uk said:

Also a good argument! Now I don't know what to do :)