Interview........
No
Passport Req..
June 4 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 15 2015
LANDED..........
July 8, 2015
In government administration - visa officers are monopoly they do follow un-written rules. If you follow only the rules written on website - god only can help you !!! I am not saying they solely judge the file on job and qualification but it is a good addition to her file. it makes her case look good in the eyes of the visa officer.

canuck_in_uk said:
There is absolutely NO REQUIREMENT to be a skilled worker or have any specific level of education in a spousal app. It is based solely on the relationship with the Canadian sponsor. An illiterate person that has never worked a day in their life will be approved if they can show a genuine relationship.

COPRs have an expiry date stated right on them. If a person does not land by the COPR expiry date, their app is closed and they must start from scratch.

Mar 11, 2015
My wife in india the application received on august 8 2014 and sent a letter on December 10 2014 about decision med have received plz tell how long time

vickiobichere

Nov 4, 2010
Really wish someone out there be it government, lawyers, consultants anyone had some answers. I am so lost been with my husband for 7 years married for 5 on the 19th of this month. Have been denied visas 2 times and we are now in the process of waiting for an appeal date. My husband is from Nigeria have been there 3 times. Countless emails, phone bills, hotel receipts, plane tickets, picture, letter from family and friend here and there, but immigration still does not believe its a genuine relationship. PLEASE if anyone out there knows something I don't about how to make this work help me.

Mrs.Christmas

Feb 25, 2015
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2014
Doc's Request.
02-09-2015
AOR Received.
21-02-2015
File Transfer...
05-03-2015
Med's Request
Re-medical requested 19-11-2015
Med's Done....
upfront 03-10-2014, remedical completed 30-11-2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Requested 04-12-2015, Arrived at VO 10-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 12-12-2015
tranjini said:
In government administration - visa officers are monopoly they do follow un-written rules. If you follow only the rules written on website - god only can help you !!! I am not saying they solely judge the file on job and qualification but it is a good addition to her file. it makes her case look good in the eyes of the visa officer.
I have had legal counsel & they have always implied that having a skilled trade, bilingualism, fluency in English etc... Are beneficial to your application.

And logically this makes sense that the government would like to bring in people who will be able to contribute to canadian economy.

Even though, technically, spousal sponsorships are supposed to be based on genuineness of marriage & admissibility.... It can't hurt to show your strengths as a prospective citizen ...

cobrien2012

Mar 11, 2015
tink23 said:
Then there is no issue with you being a PR of the UK and sponsoring your husband. It is Canadian PRs that can't sponsor a spouse while living abroad.

Show your intent to reside in Canada when your husband is granted his Canadian PR and you shouldn't have an issue.
Is it possible for us to move to Canada as a family and apply for permanent residency for my husband from inside Canada or will that cause us trouble? Also, if we do go down the spousal sponsorship route will we be allowed to travel to Canada to visit while the application is being processed?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
tranjini said:
Because you are a visa officer and know everything...

The majority of applicants only follow the rules on the website and yet seem to do perfectly fine.

HIFAN

Mar 20, 2013
Hi everyone,

I'm Indonesian who got sponsored by canadian husband.
First of all ....

Jan 31,2013 SGVO received my app
Nov 4, 2013 SGVO started processing my app
I did upfront medical exam.
Status "IN PROCESS" 'till now.

I wanna ask, I see my current home address and my mailing address (which at that time show my lawyer's address. But a week later my mailing address changed same like my home address.) What does it means??
Usually they don't show my mailing address. Is it just their update new system or what??
It's been so long.... and their processing time keep increasing from time to time.... from 22 months, n then 24 months, 26 and now 30 months.
It makes me so stressed out. How long i have to wait for the next step???
oohh Gosh... Singapore...
Someone who can give me any advice or alternative way pleasee....

GMG

Star Member
Dec 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow--->Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2014
Doc's Request.
11-02-2015(passport copies of all pages)
File Transfer...
25-06-2014(Moscow)->04-09-2014(Warsaw)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
03-02-2014,,remedical 23-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-06-2015 (DM-28.05.15)
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
10-08-2015
HIFAN said:
Hi everyone,

I'm Indonesian who got sponsored by canadian husband.
First of all ....

Jan 31,2013 SGVO received my app
Nov 4, 2013 SGVO started processing my app
I did upfront medical exam.
Status "IN PROCESS" 'till now.

I wanna ask, I see my current home address and my mailing address (which at that time show my lawyer's address. But a week later my mailing address changed same like my home address.) What does it means??
Usually they don't show my mailing address. Is it just their update new system or what??
It's been so long.... and their processing time keep increasing from time to time.... from 22 months, n then 24 months, 26 and now 30 months.
It makes me so stressed out. How long i have to wait for the next step???
oohh Gosh... Singapore...
Someone who can give me any advice or alternative way pleasee....
Mine also started to show my home address,,and not only mine,there r many people who where also wondering if that meant anything,,,But some told it was just a general system update.

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
cobrien2012 said:
Is it possible for us to move to Canada as a family and apply for permanent residency for my husband from inside Canada or will that cause us trouble? Also, if we do go down the spousal sponsorship route will we be allowed to travel to Canada to visit while the application is being processed?
Your husband cannot "move" to Canada as a visitor. He may visit. You should still definitely submit an OUTLAND visa application through the London visa office. It is listed as a long processing time, but UK citizens are processed much much quicker (it recently increased in the posted time because Pakistani applicants are now processed there, and their criminal checks, ID checks, etc take much longer). He may visit with you throughout the process, however, when going through customs he should not say he is moving, as CBSA doesn't like that language unless so,done has the proper visa to live in Canada. If u submit the application and bring proof of the application for PR and proof of payment, then he can say he is visiting you in Canada until his PR sponsorship is approved.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
GMG said:
Mine also started to show my home address,,and not only mine,there r many people who where also wondering if that meant anything,,,But some told it was just a general system update.
When ours was approved in 2013, DM came a day after the full address showed up on ECAS. This happened for many people.

CANANICA

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
Windsor, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
AOR Received.
03 -03-2015
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-08-2015
LANDED..........
16-09-2015
canuck_in_uk said:
When ours was approved in 2013, DM came a day after the full address showed up on ECAS. This happened for many people.
I wish that was the case for us. My full address was on ECAS before I received my SA email lol.

Goodluck to Everyone!

GMG

Star Member
Dec 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow--->Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2014
Doc's Request.
11-02-2015(passport copies of all pages)
File Transfer...
25-06-2014(Moscow)->04-09-2014(Warsaw)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
03-02-2014,,remedical 23-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-06-2015 (DM-28.05.15)
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
10-08-2015
canuck_in_uk said:
My application is in Warsaw Embassy since September 04 2014,,ECAS turned into in process on Feb 11th 2015,,and showed my home address on March 3rd 2015,,,nothing till now.
I aslo did remedical(as they requested)and sent it on Feb 26th 2015,,,What u think when approximately I will get my passport request,how long it will take?
Thanks

nervousme

Star Member
Jul 30, 2013
Canada- Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2012
Med's Done....
26-02-2013, Re-done Sept 2014
Interview........
Decision made Mar 09, 2015
For anyone who has applied for inland and would like to attend.

Demonstrations in Calgary and Mississauga - Inland Spousal Sponsorship Delay

Inland Sponsorship
Edmonton, AB
Mar 12, 2015 — Following the successful demonstration that was hosted on March 1 2015 in front of CIC Headquarter Building in Ottawa, the Inland Spousal Sponsorship Petitioners group is organizing the other 2 demonstrations in Calgary and Mississauga this month.

Link to the protest in Ottawa reported by media: http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/photos-citizenship-immigration-demonstration

The next 2 demonstrations will be hosted on Saturday, March 21st at 1:00pm at Calgary City Hall (Municipal Complex) 800 Macleod Trail SE, Calgary and on Friday March 27th at 1-3PM at CPC-Mississauga 2 Robert Speck Parkway Mississauga L4Z 1H8 in order to educate Canadian general public on the issues of the immigration processing delay that affect thousand Canadian families, and to call on immediate changes for Inland spousal sponsorship AIP backlog (currently at 18 months).

To register for Calgary demonstration (March 21) click here http://goo.gl/NM8iJ7
To register for Toronto-Mississauga demonstration (March 27) click here http://goo.gl/Q8LIvW

Both events have been approved by the cities.

On March 11 2015, during Question Period at the House of Commons, when asked by MP Lysane Blanchette-Lamothe about the Inland spousal sponsorship backlog and if CIC has any plan to clear this backlog, Minister of Citizenship & Canada Chris Alexander stated that his government is "very proud" of his current immigration system and reforms.

hassanandmia

Mar 12, 2015
SPONSORING MY HUSBAND. HELP!

So I am sponsoring my husband and he has very accurately filled up all the forms provided by Immigration Canada on the link.
But before I sent in our application for good, I wanted to be sure of some things. Does my husband need to send in a PR card application along with the application package included?
and i am really confused about the payments. if somebody could explain to me how the payment works, that would be great.

sierose

Mar 9, 2015
Hello Leon,

If i'm going to rectify the application giving them some letters from income assistance that my husband gets off already do they allow

me to do that?

and if i will right a letter to the officer how will i do it and where can i send it.

because it was send thru email and says in the email do not reply...please help thank you