No
Passport Req..
June 4 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 15 2015
LANDED..........
July 8, 2015
Re: SPONSORING MY HUSBAND. HELP!

You can pay online i think it is $1040 and you will get a receipt on email and you need to print a few copies and keep one for yourself and attach on with the application.

hassanandmia said:
So I am sponsoring my husband and he has very accurately filled up all the forms provided by Immigration Canada on the link.
But before I sent in our application for good, I wanted to be sure of some things. Does my husband need to send in a PR card application along with the application package included?
and i am really confused about the payments. if somebody could explain to me how the payment works, that would be great.

HIFAN

Mar 20, 2013
canuck_in_uk said:
When ours was approved in 2013, DM came a day after the full address showed up on ECAS. This happened for many people.

Hi Canuck,

Really ????..... Finger cross mode on.. ;D
Lets hope guysss....
Thanks Canuck

MTrendz

Mar 13, 2015
Hello fellow forum users thank god for this board..

Im starting to read these timelines and im starting to really freak out.

I got accepted to sponsor my wife just this february, me being born and live in canada. (it took a very long time to gather all documents send them back and forth as you may know)

So we have been apart over a year since our marriage, its extremely heartbreaking and sad..

Now im reading it can take up to 8-17 month for philippines embassy to approve this application????

WOW JUST WOW...

So what are my options here, this is wayyyy to long to be away from my wife..

So my real question here is can she apply for like a visitors visa while we wait out this awful process? Does she have to stay in the Philippines during this?

Sorry I just cant bare this any longer I cant imagine waiting almost another year to be together.. :(

btw her application is sent complete with medical done, her passport done, no reason for anything else to be requested.. (17 months I cant even fathom this...)

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
MTrendz said:
Hello fellow forum users thank god for this board..

Im starting to read these timelines and im starting to really freak out.

I got accepted to sponsor my wife just this february, me being born and live in canada. (it took a very long time to gather all documents send them back and forth as you may know)

So we have been apart over a year since our marriage, its extremely heartbreaking and sad..

Now im reading it can take up to 8-17 month for philippines embassy to approve this application????

WOW JUST WOW...

So what are my options here, this is wayyyy to long to be away from my wife..

So my real question here is can she apply for like a visitors visa while we wait out this awful process? Does she have to stay in the Philippines during this?

Sorry I just cant bare this any longer I cant imagine waiting almost another year to be together.. :(

btw her application is sent complete with medical done, her passport done, no reason for anything else to be requested.. (17 months I cant even fathom this...)
She can definitely apply for a visitor visa, but unfortunately, there is no guarantee it will be approved. Having a Canadian spouse is a very strong tie to Canada, and it makes her a high risk of overstaying. If you can prove her ties to the Philippines, there is a chance.

MTrendz

Mar 13, 2015
MilesAway said:
She can definitely apply for a visitor visa, but unfortunately, there is no guarantee it will be approved. Having a Canadian spouse is a very strong tie to Canada, and it makes her a high risk of overstaying. If you can prove her ties to the Philippines, there is a chance.
I dont know how we could prove her ties there, she has not much of finances to tie her there, other then all her family is there..

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
MTrendz said:
I dont know how we could prove her ties there, she has not much of finances to tie her there, other then all her family is there..
Jobs, family, property, etc. Those are all ties.

Check out the visitor section of the forum. There are some good tips for getting approved.

I can't give any advice from personal experience, since my wife was refused 4 times.

tishness

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
AOR Received.
Part 1: 23-01-2015 Part 2: 24-03-2015
File Transfer...
23-01-2015
Passport Req..
02-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-06-2015
LANDED..........
1 Husband ETA - August 1, 2015!
MTrendz said:
We can all relate to your feeling that this timeline is just overwhelming. Unfortunately you don't have a lot of other options, you could go there to be with her while you wait? What the others have told you are right, don't get your hopes up that she would be granted a visitor visa, it's very unlikely. I know you want a better option, and you think this is completely unfair, and it makes you angry to think about the lack of empathy this system has for your relationship, but it is what it is, and we have to live within it. Eventually you will become defeatist to it like us all and stop being angry and just be patient.

I've been living apart from my partner for 4 years, 3 as my boyfriend and now over 1 as my husband.

But there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Having this forum, and the support here, you can make it through.

jesmithers

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2015
File Transfer...
12-05-2015
Med's Done....
14-09-2014
Passport Req..
25-06-2015 (DM)
VISA ISSUED...
06-07-2015 (COPR)
LANDED..........
31-08-2015
Hi there! I'm applying for my husband to come to Canada and I'm curious to know if I should provide a crazy amount of proof to prove our relationship. I'm just thinking of providing a lot of photos between the two of us over the years but not sure if I should go to the extreme and do phone calls, ect as a conjugal relationship application may need to do. :]

tishness

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
23-01-2015
Passport Req..
02-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-06-2015
LANDED..........
jesmithers said:
Hi there! I'm applying for my husband to come to Canada and I'm curious to know if I should provide a crazy amount of proof to prove our relationship. I'm just thinking of providing a lot of photos between the two of us over the years but not sure if I should go to the extreme and do phone calls, ect as a conjugal relationship application may need to do. :]
Do as much as you can and a good variety. I was worried that too much will look suspect like you are trying too hard - bit no, the more the better. And as your process goes on, you can send in some additional updates with pics of time passed since your application was sent. If you are trying to prove conjugal - having joint assets, being beneficiaries on each other's insurance, having proof of residing at the same address are vital. If you have some good reliable people who can write a testing to your relationship, include that too!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
jesmithers said:
As per your previous posts, you aren't actually applying as conjugal but as married, right?

janicenewk

Feb 19, 2015
Hi,

I am still trying to get through the application to sponsor my common-law partner from the UK, and have a few questions:

1. Do we need to sign and send in the statutory declaration of common-law union? the application guideline said we only need to sign only if my partner is a co-signer. He isnt a co-signer.

2. SHOULD he be a co-signer? What is the benefit of having a co-signer?

3. Does he need to get a medical? Can this be done by any doctor?? It says "panel physician)

4. On the bottom of the Documents Checklist for the Sponsor, it has a section on: SPONSERED person, saying:
-originals of police clearances (IS that just a criminal record check?)

help!! I keep thinking I am almost done the application, and keep finding out more info i need to include!

janicenewk

Feb 19, 2015
RE: should/can my common-law partner be my co-signer?

Is this right: If I am SPONSORING my common-law partner, he CANNOT be a co-signer. ??
I am confused at the application guide that says:

Check one box to indicate if you have a co-signer or not.

Only your spouse or common-law partner can co-sign this application.

Note: If you are sponsoring your spouse or common-law partner, you cannot have a co-signer.

janicenewk

Feb 19, 2015
Also, does anyone who has mailed their application from outside of Canada (from the UK) have advice on the best way to mail it? Is Royal mail ok?

Thanks

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
janicenewk said:
Hi,

I am still trying to get through the application to sponsor my common-law partner from the UK, and have a few questions:

1. Do we need to sign and send in the statutory declaration of common-law union? the application guideline said we only need to sign only if my partner is a co-signer. He isnt a co-signer.

2. SHOULD he be a co-signer? What is the benefit of having a co-signer?

3. Does he need to get a medical? Can this be done by any doctor?? It says "panel physician)

4. On the bottom of the Documents Checklist for the Sponsor, it has a section on: SPONSERED person, saying:
-originals of police clearances (IS that just a criminal record check?)

help!! I keep thinking I am almost done the application, and keep finding out more info i need to include!

-proof of medical examination of te sponsored person
You really need to sit down and read through the guides. These points are covered in the guides.

1: The guide says it's only if you have a co-signer, but some VOs have requested it from common-law couples anyway.
2: He cannot be a co-signer.
3: The checklist clearly indicates that the principal applicant needs a medical. That can only be done by an approved panel physician. So look at the CIC site, and find a physician in your area.
4: Yes, it's a records check.

janicenewk said:
RE: should/can my common-law partner be my co-signer?

Is this right: If I am SPONSORING my common-law partner, he CANNOT be a co-signer. ??
I am confused at the application guide that says:

Check one box to indicate if you have a co-signer or not.

Only your spouse or common-law partner can co-sign this application.

Note: If you are sponsoring your spouse or common-law partner, you cannot have a co-signer.
You posted the answer yourself. I put the bold part for emphasis. He cannot be a co-signer on his own application.

tishness

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
23-01-2015
Passport Req..
02-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-06-2015
LANDED..........
janicenewk said:
Also, does anyone who has mailed their application from outside of Canada (from the UK) have advice on the best way to mail it? Is Royal mail ok?

Thanks
Send it fast - with a tracking number - and require a signature upon delivery