+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

jp0007

Nov 19, 2014
Kindly guide me, we got my wifes surname changed with mine one after marriage(she is in canada n i m the sponsor)),we applied for spouse sponsor visa in feb 2015 with her maiden surname(as it was long process to get her name changed in mariage certificate back with her maiden surname and also changeing her name in her documents), she has all her documents .cards with her surname now i have to update wifes name in my passport will there be any problem if i write her name in my passport with mine surname and her other documents remain in her surname?? ,will there be any issue while getting my visa?? :)

Mrs.Christmas

Feb 25, 2015
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2014
Doc's Request.
02-09-2015
AOR Received.
21-02-2015
File Transfer...
05-03-2015
Med's Request
Re-medical requested 19-11-2015
Med's Done....
upfront 03-10-2014, remedical completed 30-11-2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Requested 04-12-2015, Arrived at VO 10-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 12-12-2015
Re: ordering GCMS NOTES

I tried ordering them today, but got confused near the end.

When I pick Privacy Act, then Case notes, then it makes me choose: sponsorship (for my file) OR immigration - permanent residence (for my husbands file)

Can I order both??

Obviously I want to know what's written on mine & his. But I'm not sure they'll release his file to me either.

I thought OUR file is going to be the same anyway (with regards to the sponsorship anyway)

Anyone have advice on how to proceed?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Mrs.Christmas said:

When I pick Privacy Act, then Case notes, then it makes me choose: sponsorship (for my file) OR immigration - permanent residence (for my husbands file)

Can I order both??

Obviously I want to know what's written on mine & his. But I'm not sure they'll release his file to me either.

I thought OUR file is going to be the same anyway (with regards to the sponsorship anyway)

if you order the sponsorship file, it will ONLY be about the sponsor.

you want the immigration file, which will have information on BOTH the sponsor's AND applicant's files.

ABCml

Jan 27, 2014
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-Feb-2014
AOR Received.
24-Feb-2014, SponsorshipApproved 01-Apr-2014
File Transfer...
01-Apr-2014 Officially rec'd Beijing 24-May-2014
Med's Done....
29-Dec-2013 "Medical Results rec'd" 01-Apr-2014
Interview........
15-Dec-2014
Passport Req..
at interview
VISA ISSUED...
16-Dec-2014
LANDED..........
25-Dec-2014
Mrs.Christmas said:

Can I order both??

I always requested the notes thru the "Access To Information Act" (Note: Personal information which belongs to an individual who is not a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or currently living in Canada must be requested under the Access to Information Act.....)

via the ATIP portal, page 2, you'll see the following;

Requesting information for:
*Surname (Family Name) *Given Name(s) (First Name)
*Date of Birth (YYYY-MM-DD): Pick a date from a calendar for field: *Date of Birth (YYYY-MM-DD):
Client ID Number (####-####)
Alias
*What type of information would you like to request?

..this information is your spouse's, including the client ID number - you'll receive all the file notes on record (up to the date of your request) relating to the client ID number - I'm sure you've noticed the consent form that "the client" needs to sign..

good luck

ripper360

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here is my situation. My spouse had applied for her visitor visa before our marriage(her cousin lives in Canada and invited her). She got her visitor visa approved before marriage. She will be traveling pretty soon. I wanted to know what kind of questions and documents will the immigration officer request at the port of entry?

sierose

Mar 9, 2015
Hi leon,

I just want to ask if we can re-apply because my first stage of spousal sponsorship was refused...

When we applied the spousal sponsorship its took as two years before the first stage came out

and I included the extension of stay application too.

Now my status expired..can we still re-apply for the spousal sponsorship?

please somebody help..thanks

janicenewk

Feb 19, 2015
Hey all,

Can anyone explain to me about the medical examination that is required for my common-law partner? The Documents checklist I have says it is required, but when my boyfriend called Dublin to make an appointment their office told him that I need to send in my application first, then come for a medical. Is this true?
I have been reading a few threads and some people are saying that they mailed a medical WITH their first application, and some are saying they didnt, and CIC contacted them requesting it. I dont want to prolong the visa process any more than necessary by not including the medical, but i am confused.

fatimafnts

Feb 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 27/14
AOR Received.
Jan 13/15 & AOR2 Mar 18/15
File Transfer...
Jan 21/15
Med's Done....
Jul 14/14
Passport Req..
May 5/15
janicenewk said:
Hey all,

Can anyone explain to me about the medical examination that is required for my common-law partner? The Documents checklist I have says it is required, but when my boyfriend called Dublin to make an appointment their office told him that I need to send in my application first, then come for a medical. Is this true?
I have been reading a few threads and some people are saying that they mailed a medical WITH their first application, and some are saying they didnt, and CIC contacted them requesting it. I dont want to prolong the visa process any more than necessary by not including the medical, but i am confused.
My husband's doctor said the same thing. We explained to him that it was a sponsorship and that it was required before the application was sent and he understood and did it for him.

still

Jan 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Hello there!

I have a question about payment receipt

we received an e-receipt after having made the payment online. On the PDF we received though, there's a box that says Payer Information and we're wondering if we should fill it out? There's already my husband's name generated as a Payer's Name and there's a part that says Client's Date of Birth, Client's ID and Address. Is this something that we have to fill out here or do we just send it blank?

Thanks in advance for a reply :)

birdboy008

Feb 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2014
AOR Received.
08-08-2014
janicenewk said:
Hey all,

A word of caution, the medicals are only valid for 1 year. If you send them with your PR application, you are risking having to do them again. They ARE required but it IS NOT required to send them WITH your PR application. My advice: check processing times and if they exceed 1 year, wait and send them when you receive notice that they are processing your spouse's sponsorship application. A chest X-ray will give you quite a lot of radiation, I wouldn't take that too lightly.

Arm123

Mar 16, 2015
I need your help please.
For sponsoring a refugee spouse under the one year window provision, does the spouse need to have the same refugee circumstances?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
birdboy008 said:
A word of caution, the medicals are only valid for 1 year. If you send them with your PR application, you are risking having to do them again. They ARE required but it IS NOT required to send them WITH your PR application. My advice: check processing times and if they exceed 1 year, wait and send them when you receive notice that they are processing your spouse's sponsorship application. A chest X-ray will give you quite a lot of radiation, I wouldn't take that too lightly.
For outland applicants, proof of the medical is a required document listed on the checklist. Also, it's quite common for CIC to extend medicals beyond the one year validity. And a chest X-ray really isn't that much radiation.

There is no reason to risk a possible application return or a delay by not including the medical.

jeromeeric

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 19, 2014
Nomination.....
Jan 16,2015( CC Charged) PER- Feb 11,2015
File Transfer...
July 14, 2015
Med's Request
July 14,2015
Med's Done....
July 22, 2015 (TLU-July 28,2015)
Interview........
Hopefully Waived!!!
Passport Req..
August 17, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
September 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Not decided yet
I am just something to consult to all of you guys. I am currently in a same sex relationship now. We started our relationship July 2013, then we broke up last June 2014, then after 7 months we got back together again. I applied for permanent residence through Federal Skilled Worker stream. I just received my Positive Eligibility Response (PER) a month ago. I really want to include my partner but we are ineligible because we weren't able to live continuously for one year.

The probable solution that is to include him as a spouse, however, we would need to find a country that legalizes same sex marriage and get marry there. After searching, we found out that in Argentina, foreign couples can marry there. Do you think Canadian immigration will recognize our marriage if we marry in Argentina? Another concern that I have is that, my partner applied for a student visa few monts ago and he was denied. The cause of denial based from the letter of the visa officer is that his current occupation has no relation with the field he wants to study in Canada. If I include him in my application now, do you think his previous denial will hava a negative effect in our application?

We have a lot of documents to prove our relationship, such as pictures, boarding passes, tickets when we went to museums, love letters, and some people who can testify about our relationship, pics of things/gifts he has given me

I am really in a dilemna now whether to include him in my application before my med request or just sponsor him after staying and working in Canada for 1 year.

I do not want to be away for a long time with my partner but I want to make sure that every single step will be the best for us.
I hope someone can enlighten me here. Thank you very much.

Mrs.Christmas

Feb 25, 2015
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2014
Doc's Request.
02-09-2015
AOR Received.
21-02-2015