+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dylanjoel said:
We are planning to elope in Mid-March in Mexico and I'm just getting the paperwork together. To my awareness, we must first have the necessary documents(birth certificates, I'm from the US and she's Canadian) translated into Spanish, Notarized by the nearest Mexican Consulate and then Be 'Legalized' in the country where you live by the appropriate organization / authorities

I found a few websites that translate and legalize but are charging $200-$300 per document, which Seems outrageous.

Does anyone have any previous experience with this or any further information?
Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Where will you both be living after you are married?

Did you know that if you are applying Outland, your application will likely be processed in Ottawa?

Most Americans have their application processed in Ottawa and complete the entire PR process in ~ 6-8 months.

Why would you be applying through Mexico?

dylanjoel

Jan 14, 2015
Ponga said:
Where will you both be living after you are married?

Did you know that if you are applying Outland, your application will likely be processed in Ottawa?

Most Americans have their application processed in Ottawa and complete the entire PR process in ~ 6-8 months.

Why would you be applying through Mexico?
We plan to apply Outland and we will be living in British Columbia. I will be visiting from the states while the application is being processed. My question is specific to getting married in Mexico while we are there. Initially, it sounded like a good idea but now it's turning out to be quite a bit of work.
i.e. birth certificates translated and legalized/certified, blood work & x rays while we're there

We want to have a very informal/civil ceremony and Baja seemed like a great place. ;)
I suppose it might be worth doing it just before we leave in Canada or US, and then head for Mexico shortly after.

Anybody have any experience with this or other ideas.
Thanks

michaella1964

Nov 16, 2012
calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2013
AOR Received.
03-04-2013
File Transfer...
AIP 21-01-2014
Med's Request
23-01-2014
im a little upset right now i noticed in ur posts that someone that hd applied in 2014 i received there dm?how can that be we are waiting since 2013 and still nothing we are in the last stages but our status say medical received and then we were requested an copy of my husbands passport but thats the last communication we had since jan 2014,i really cant do this anymore its making not only our life hell but also our marriage is suffering,pls can someone give me support cus im ready to trow in the towel with this inland crap,maybe its time to give in we are married for 2 years now and together for 4 so in total we are waiting for 4 years really ans someone can just get dm in less then a year wtfck,happy for them but what about all of us waiting and suffering,my husbands father is really old and sick but yet he cannot go and say his last goodbyes because if he leaves the processes is stopped really,i thought our country is supportive with immigration and the people seeking it but i guess its all about race,culture and place of birth sorry thats how i see it right
now.sorry but im not proud of being Canadian at all regarding this inland sponsorship we are treated with less respect and sympathy then anything others seem to be more important if the person that has my file isnt i a good mood or something i have to suffer for it thats not fair it should depend on the same regulations then others not as that person feels like it,and why is there no communication ever for updates or just to let us know were are still in the active file not the lost and forgotten ones . :'(

Guyman1234

Dec 5, 2014
Lasgidi
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2014
Doc's Request.
06-07-2015 (salary payments & pof)
Nomination.....
05-01-2015
Med's Request
28-07-2015
Med's Done....
04-08-2015
Interview........
Didn't happen
Passport Req..
29-02-2016 / 11-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-03-2016
LANDED..........
26/07/16
Hi people, good day to you.

Please I have an enquiry on fsw 2014 that I have tried to get an answer to,but this has not been forthcoming .

I posted it on the thread for fsw 2014 also.

Am a fswp 2014 applicant. Already received PER this January. I am considering marrying my fiancée, but she would be a non-accompanying spouse. I want to get settled first before I bring her in.

What are the processes of bringing a formerly non-accompanying spouse in under a fsw application ?

Do I have to go through the processes of a fresh family class application?

Do I have any advantage of including her now although she'll be non accompanying. Or should I just wait till I land then I start processing for her when am settled?

Am seriously confused here.

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
Guyman1234 said:
Hi people, good day to you.

Please I have an enquiry on fsw 2014 that I have tried to get an answer to,but this has not been forthcoming .

I posted it on the thread for fsw 2014 also.

Am a fswp 2014 applicant. Already received PER this January. I am considering marrying my fiancée, but she would be a non-accompanying spouse. I want to get settled first before I bring her in.

What are the processes of bringing a formerly non-accompanying spouse in under a fsw application ?

Do I have to go through the processes of a fresh family class application?

Do I have any advantage of including her now although she'll be non accompanying. Or should I just wait till I land then I start processing for her when am settled?

Am seriously confused here.
If you get married before landing, you MUST include her. If you don't include her (even as non-accompanying), you will never be able to sponsor her, ever. And you will also put your own PR in jeopardy by misrepresentation (which is an offence).
If she is non-accompanying, then she would still need a medical and police check. When you are ready, you would have to submit a new family class application, including a new medical and police check (since they would likely have expired by that time).

march2014

Jun 23, 2014
michaella1964 said:
im a little upset right now i noticed in ur posts that someone that hd applied in 2014 i received there dm?how can that be we are waiting since 2013 and still nothing we are in the last stages but our status say medical received and then we were requested an copy of my husbands passport but thats the last communication we had since jan 2014,i really cant do this anymore its making not only our life hell but also our marriage is suffering,pls can someone give me support cus im ready to trow in the towel with this inland crap,maybe its time to give in we are married for 2 years now and together for 4 so in total we are waiting for 4 years really ans someone can just get dm in less then a year wtfck,happy for them but what about all of us waiting and suffering,my husbands father is really old and sick but yet he cannot go and say his last goodbyes because if he leaves the processes is stopped really,i thought our country is supportive with immigration and the people seeking it but i guess its all about race,culture and place of birth sorry thats how i see it right
now.sorry but im not proud of being Canadian at all regarding this inland sponsorship we are treated with less respect and sympathy then anything others seem to be more important if the person that has my file isnt i a good mood or something i have to suffer for it thats not fair it should depend on the same regulations then others not as that person feels like it,and why is there no communication ever for updates or just to let us know were are still in the active file not the lost and forgotten ones . :'(
I am so sorry to hear about your situation, that's really frustrating. I guess our papers really depends upon how well the assigned visa officer can do much about it. Have you tried calling them? There's a customer care hotline that you can contact to inquire about your application status. They will surely entertain your concern knowing that I guess your processing time is already beyond the inland processing time? You can also send inquiries about your application through Email.
I know it is so depressing to see others who received their Visas in just a short notice. I felt the same way too although we just applied last year, march 2014. I'm hoping to get an answered prayer soon.
Don't lose hope and try to contact CIC.

nicsmith147

Apr 9, 2014
Hi all,

We did our application from outside Canada. I, the sponsor, and my partner both live in Newcastle Australia. My partner got his medical done at the Sydney bupa place. But when he finished they gave him no paper work. Anyway we sent our application in. Now i have been approved as a sponsor but they are saying they haven't gotten our medical. I called the medical office and they said it sent straight to the Canadian embassy in sydney. Anyone had this problem? i certainly don't want to pay for it again..

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
Feb/04/2015, IP Since Feb/04/2015
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Re-Medicals - Sept/23/2015
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
nicsmith147 said:
Hi all,

We did our application from outside Canada. I, the sponsor, and my partner both live in Newcastle Australia. My partner got his medical done at the Sydney bupa place. But when he finished they gave him no paper work. Anyway we sent our application in. Now i have been approved as a sponsor but they are saying they haven't gotten our medical. I called the medical office and they said it sent straight to the Canadian embassy in sydney. Anyone had this problem? i certainly don't want to pay for it again..
Hello,

I am not sure how it works in Australia but when we did it; the medical office gave a copy of a receipt which you attach it to the application while sending it and not the report which is sent directly to the visa office. The receipt is an official copy which shows the applicant's photo, passport number etc.

You might want to double check with the medical office if a receipt is usually given; the reason I think CIC says no medicals received could because you didnt submit it with the application.

GMG

Star Member
Dec 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow--->Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2014
Doc's Request.
11-02-2015(passport copies of all pages)
File Transfer...
25-06-2014(Moscow)->04-09-2014(Warsaw)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
03-02-2014,,remedical 23-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-06-2015 (DM-28.05.15)
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
10-08-2015
Hi,,,I am worried,,I can't check my application status,,I have UCI number,also file number but I can't check it,,It is said <<maybe your file isn't being processed yet,or u have done smth wrong,..etc,>>,,but I do everything right,,We checked it once,,it showed <<in process>>,,,but now I am starting to worry about it,,We applied in April 2014,,got SA in June 2014,,then our file was transferred from Moscow to Warsaw for further processing,,should I worry or hasn't it any importance at all ,r there people who can't check it too?

emolotrav

Jan 27, 2015
Hello, I am a PR here in MB since June 2011 ,and I just got married to my wife last dec. 2013 when I went back to Philippines. And then, we passed our application in Mississauga on the first week of November 2014. And currently, we didn't received anything that will tell me that they had just received the application. Does this happen? or am I just paranoid that our papers has just been lost or has been delivered to a wrong recipient. I am just so worried because they said that it will take only a month for me to receive a notification that they just received our application..

Did it also happen to anyone?
Please help.

Thanks.

emolotrav

Jan 27, 2015
GMG said:
Hi,,,I am worrying,,I can't check my application status,,I have UCI number,also file number but I can't check it,,It is said <<maybe your file isn't being processed yet,or u have done smth wrong,..etc,>>,,but I do everything right,,We checked it once,,it showed <<in process>>,,,but now I am starting to worry about it,,We applied in April 2014,,got SA in June 2014,,then our file was transferred from Moscow to Warsaw for further processing,,should I worry or hasn't it any importance at all ,r there people who can't check it too?

I think your papers we're already in Warsaw, and probably they had just started processing it. Just think positive. You're lucky coz you already have a file number. In my case, I haven't received any response from them. And 2 months has already passed by.

Annabell

Jun 27, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2012
AOR Received.
08-01-2013
Med's Done....
14-09-2012
LANDED..........
May 19, 2015
michaella1964 said:
Hey Michaella1964,
I can totally understand your frustration and upset. I too am in Calgary and will be 16 months on stage 2 on Monday! They can't give me any reasons why it's taking so long and keep changing what they say. Currently they have cleared my medical results (from second medical) and reverted back to reviewing my background checks, which they have had since last June. I have no review date on my file and it's still in Vegreville, not moved to Mississauga and they cannot explain why it was not transferred as all sponsorship applications were supposed to have been. I too feel like there is no communication, that we are very unimportant, and we also think my file is sat on somebody's desk forgotten! I really hope those of us waiting so long do get decisions soon. Good luck and keep hanging on in there!

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
GMG said:
Hi,,,I am worried,,I can't check my application status,,I have UCI number,also file number but I can't check it,,It is said <<maybe your file isn't being processed yet,or u have done smth wrong,..etc,>>,,but I do everything right,,We checked it once,,it showed <<in process>>,,,but now I am starting to worry about it,,We applied in April 2014,,got SA in June 2014,,then our file was transferred from Moscow to Warsaw for further processing,,should I worry or hasn't it any importance at all ,r there people who can't check it too?
If you were able to check earlier, either the site was down when you had checked or you made a typo while putting it in.

Did you check it again?

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
emolotrav said:
Hello, I am a PR here in MB since June 2011 ,and I just got married to my wife last dec. 2013 when I went back to Philippines. And then, we passed our application in Mississauga on the first week of November 2014. And currently, we didn't received anything that will tell me that they had just received the application. Does this happen? or am I just paranoid that our papers has just been lost or has been delivered to a wrong recipient. I am just so worried because they said that it will take only a month for me to receive a notification that they just received our application..

Did it also happen to anyone?
Please help.

Thanks.
You are a Nov applicant, if you see the trend there are quite a few late October applicants still waiting for AOR/SA and some early Nov applicants are getting AOR/SA.

Our application was received on the 28th and we got our AOR only on Jan 13th and SA Jan 19th. Are you still within the timeline posted on the processing time which is currently 85+.

Hang in there :)

Becksterd

Apr 15, 2010
Edmonton, AB
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05-2013
IELTS Request
14-02-2014
Med's Request
10-2013
Med's Done....
11-2013
Passport Req..
02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-2014
LANDED..........
04-2014
what happens if you mistakenly put the wrong date on the OWP application e.g. marriage date...?